What did you think of the cover of this book?

Use this forum to discuss the January 2024 Book of the Month, "The Great Migration: Book One of the S'orne Saga" by Steve Ramirez
Forum rules
Only people who purchase and read the book can post in this forum. If you purchased the book, please upload a copy of your receipt at:

https://onlinebookclub.org/verify-purch ... ook=530813

If your purchase of a previous Book of the Month was already marked verified, you will already have access to this forum.
Miriam Ratemo
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 67
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-miriam-ratemo.html
Latest Review: The Warrior's Meditation by Richard L Haight

Re: What did you think of the cover of this book?

Post by Miriam Ratemo »

Honestly, I wasn't a big fan of the cover of the book. While it is certainly eye catching, it did not hit me like it fit a sci-fi novel at first sight. The book was amazing and very original and complex, but just by looking at the cover I would not have gotten that. To me, this book was proof on why you should never judge a book by its cover.
Loretta Morris 1
Currently Reading: SandPeople
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-loretta-morris-1.html
Latest Review: Enlightenment for the Things that Really Matter by Mark Gumbrell
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
2024 Reading Goal: 25
2024 Goal Completion: 48%

Post by Loretta Morris 1 »

What did you think of the cover of this book?

I love the cover of the book, "The Great Migration" I thought it was different! If you look closely at the cover, it tells some of the story. By the face, you can tell the person from an Indian tribe as well as the chosen colors. At the bottom of the picture, you can see many animals and a person resting in a particular spot in the wilderness. This can indicate a camp setting.
Princewill Uchenna
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-princewill-uchenna.html
Latest Review: Lord of the Wind by Anthony Anonimo

Post by Princewill Uchenna »

The cover is beautiful, well drawn and the woman's eyes are intriguing, however, it made me think if was some kind of a wild life story. I assumed that the book would be all about camping, hunting or animal welfare. I was surprised to discover there were other scenarios, cities, etc and that the wild life wasn't the biggest part of the plot.
Barongo Mosera
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-barongo-mosera.html
Latest Review: Zonas de quema by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by Barongo Mosera »

The cover is beautiful, well drawn and the woman's eyes are intriguing, however, it made me think if was some kind of a wild life story. I assumed that the book would be all about camping, hunting or animal welfare. I was surprised to discover there were other scenarios, cities, etc and that the wild life wasn't the biggest part of the plot
Gerry Steen
Currently Reading: The Impossible Mock Orange Trial
Bookshelf Size: 188
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gerry-steen.html
Latest Review: House of Eire by June Gillam

Post by Gerry Steen »

The cover is beautiful and it captured my attention the first time I saw it. The bright yellow cover through which a gorgeous portion of a brown face, with a silver eye, white hair and eyebrows, is captivating as the eye is looking straight at me. The font of the title is large, brown, and stylish. The yellow cover descends and becomes a yellow horizon with savanna-like plains and a herd of huge, brown brontotheres. In front of the herd stands what I assume to be a Zuni warrior. It invites me to open the book and read it. :techie-studyinggray:
williams Emerald
Favorite Book: In It Together
Currently Reading: The Cackling of the Crows
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-williams-emerald.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Post by williams Emerald »

The cover of “The Great Migration” is captivating, featuring someone with striking silver eyes that instantly draw attention. The subtle sparkle in the eye adds an intriguing element, making the viewer curious about the story. However, while beautiful, the cover doesn’t provide much insight into the book’s plot or title. Given that it’s a fantasy genre book, there’s room for more imaginative and creative design choices to better reflect the story’s essence.
Ouko Okach
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18

Post by Ouko Okach »

Honestly, I wasn't a big fan of the cover of the book. While it is certainly eye catching, it did not hit me like it fit a sci-fi novel at first sight. The book was amazing and very original and complex, but just by looking at the cover I would not have gotten that. To me, this book was proof on why you should never judge a book by its cover.
Austin Rhodes
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-austin-rhodes.html
Latest Review: Chasing Dragons between Dimensions by Matthew Emmanuel Weinberg

Post by Austin Rhodes »

The cover of the book is attractive and I believe it would easily capture the attention of readers. It also shows that the book is fantasy.
Sakshi Singh1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 116
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sakshi-singh1.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Sakshi Singh1 »

The cover was totally suitable for this book. You can totally guess the genre of the book by it.
Sakshi Singh1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 116
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sakshi-singh1.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Sakshi Singh1 »

The cover was totally suitable for this book. You can totally guess the genre of the book by it.
Enock Nyangau
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14

Post by Enock Nyangau »

I assumed that the book would be all about camping, hunting or animal welfare. I was surprised to discover there were other scenarios, cities, etc and that the wild life wasn't the biggest part of the plot
Enock Nyangau
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14

Post by Enock Nyangau »

sparkle in the eye makes me want to read the book more. I would also like to point out that the cover does not reveal much about the story or the title.
Ludovica Peruzzi
Currently Reading: Blockhead
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ludovica-peruzzi.html
Latest Review: Fireproof Happiness by Dr. Randy Ross

Post by Ludovica Peruzzi »

The cover is what drew me in first, I think. I don't know how fitting it is for the story, but it definitely hints at something huge going on - it feels almost biblical.
Bron Bakers
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 82
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bron-bakers.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by Bron Bakers »

The cover of the book was amazing. I was instantly attracted to the book because of the cover. I enjoyed it.
Joshua Sawders
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12

Post by Joshua Sawders »

I think the cover is intriguing and would catch anyone's attention. It doesn't reveal much about the story line giving room for different angle of fantasies, however it can be more creatively done

Return to “Discuss "The Great Migration: Book One of the S'orne Saga" by Steve Ramirez”