Overall rating and opinion of "The Great Migration: Book One of the S'orne Saga" by Steve Ramirez

Use this forum to discuss the January 2024 Book of the Month, "The Great Migration: Book One of the S'orne Saga" by Steve Ramirez
Forum rules
Only people who purchase and read the book can post in this forum. If you purchased the book, please upload a copy of your receipt at:

https://onlinebookclub.org/verify-purch ... ook=530813

If your purchase of a previous Book of the Month was already marked verified, you will already have access to this forum.
Himanshu K Yadav
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 118
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-himanshu-k-yadav.html
Latest Review: ARKO by U.W. Leo

Re: Overall rating and opinion of "The Great Migration: Book One of the S'orne Saga" by Steve Ramirez

Post by Himanshu K Yadav »

There are various themes such as survival, resilience, hope, and the fight against oppression. These themes resonate with most of us.
Latest Review: ARKO by U.W. Leo
Alissa Deann Devargas
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alissa-deann-devargas.html
Latest Review: Soul Seeker by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Alissa Deann Devargas »

I liked the adventure in this book most. The book started with a bloody scene that got me so interested. My thoughts at the beginning of the book involved who would survive and who would not. Then after their return, the book lulled with the introduction of a new scene, and picked up pace again with the suspense of the presence of the s'ornes. This book was generally interesting. However, I didn't like how unorganized the scenes were.
Dem Dem
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dem-dem.html
Latest Review: American Fools Day by Anthony Kishko

Post by Dem Dem »

Patel Khushi Manishbhai wrote: 28 Dec 2023, 11:58 Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, is too dark to read.
-Grucho Max

The cover is not too appealing but the contents of the book are commendable.
Science fiction lovers will like this book as the world building is quite vivid and transpors you to a different dimension.
I don't know if I should say this but this quote has become my favourite after reading it. Especially since I'm a dog lover and I've always found them cute and joyful. I'm always curious as to what's going through their mind.
Patel Khushi Manishbhai
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Markus Zusak
Favorite Book: The Book Thief
Currently Reading: To the Lighthouse
Bookshelf Size: 193
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-patel-khushi-manishbhai.html
Latest Review: Send Her Back and Other Stories by Munashe Kaseke
fav_author_id: 2540

Post by Patel Khushi Manishbhai »

Unknown Spy wrote: 02 Mar 2024, 03:46
Patel Khushi Manishbhai wrote: 28 Dec 2023, 11:58 Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, is too dark to read.
-Grucho Max

The cover is not too appealing but the contents of the book are commendable.
Science fiction lovers will like this book as the world building is quite vivid and transpors you to a different dimension.
I don't know if I should say this but this quote has become my favourite after reading it. Especially since I'm a dog lover and I've always found them cute and joyful. I'm always curious as to what's going through their mind.
Say it. Scream it. Put it on your bio. After all your are unknown. Even if you weren't. I have always loved the way quotes helped me feel closer to the person who wrote them because in that moment we felt the same thing. Anyway, I am a crazy dog lover too.
Ni_weh_sesh62
Isaac Oh
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 88
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-isaac-oh.html
Latest Review: Drawn Into Danger by Keith Costelloe

Post by Isaac Oh »

The word structure was fantastic. I enjoyed reading it and it was obvious that the author put in enough effort to make this book a masterclass.
Clauson Justin
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 62
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-clauson-justin.html
Latest Review: You Own Me by Susan Shumaker

Post by Clauson Justin »

The book fits in the sci-fi genre. I would recommend it to others because it was a captivating read. It receives a perfect rating from me. Kudos to the author.
Chibuike Okonkwo
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chibuike-okonkwo.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by Chibuike Okonkwo »

I admire this book for its thrilling sci-fi adventure elements, emotional depth, and the blend of fantasy and science fiction. I also appreciate the book's engaging and imaginative storytelling, rich world-building, and complex character development.
Giridhar Achary
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-giridhar-achary.html
Latest Review: Reconceptualizing Mental Illness in the Digital Age by Elliott B. Martin, Jr.

Post by Giridhar Achary »

About writing, The book is well professionally edited, and I find it error-free, and the word choices are really excellent to convey the themes and plots. As a result, it was smooth reading for me.
Giridhar Achary
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-giridhar-achary.html
Latest Review: Reconceptualizing Mental Illness in the Digital Age by Elliott B. Martin, Jr.

Post by Giridhar Achary »

Overally It was excellent, as I rated it 5 stars out of 5 stars. The author's world-building is remarkable; he develops a colorful and intricate cosmos that piques my interest in S'Orne's rich history and culture. Bellona, King Cortez, Sergeant Cordero, and Laena are well-developed characters who add emotional depth to the story. The struggle for truth and survival makes the story compelling and relatable.
Loretta Morris 1
Currently Reading: SandPeople
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-loretta-morris-1.html
Latest Review: Enlightenment for the Things that Really Matter by Mark Gumbrell
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
2024 Reading Goal: 25
2024 Goal Completion: 48%

Post by Loretta Morris 1 »

The book was good. However, it starts off with the camp getting hit. While reading I had many questions in my mind. Who attacked the camp?, Where were they? Where are they going? Who are the people at this camp? Attacked by what? I think more flashbacks could have been used in the book. However, most of the questions were answered at the end of the book. The cover was different...not bad. Because of the red and yellow colors, I had guessed tribes were involved. The lesson I learned from this book is leading people is a responsibility. If things go wrong on your watch, you have to receive the consequences. It was still a good read!
Miriam Ratemo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 67
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-miriam-ratemo.html
Latest Review: The Warrior's Meditation by Richard L Haight

Post by Miriam Ratemo »

There's some exposition but it's included in ways that make it part of the story such as a tutor's lesson to a princess and some other students, so the pace doesn't slow down too much. I'm not a fan of low-tech civilizations and in this novel the initial impression is of a fantasy story.
Barongo Mosera
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-barongo-mosera.html
Latest Review: Of Zots and Xoodles by Zarqnon the Embarrassed

Post by Barongo Mosera »

Fate made an old dispute come to light again. A book with very good descriptions that transport you to that incredible place where the events take place. Our protagonists live great adventures in the midst of so much action. As for the cover, I find it interesting but it doesn't tell me much about the book.
Julio Sanchez
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-julio-sanchez.html

Post by Julio Sanchez »

"The Great Migration: Book One of the S'orne Saga" by Steve Ramirez earns a well-deserved 5 out of 5 stars for its masterful storytelling and richly crafted universe. The novel captivates with its detailed portrayal of interstellar societies and the intricate political dynamics that define them, making it a standout in the science fiction genre. The protagonist, Keth, is particularly compelling, skillfully embodying the conflict between duty and desire, which adds depth to his journey and makes the narrative both engaging and emotionally resonant. This book is a must-read for anyone who appreciates complex characters and expansive world-building in their sci-fi adventures.
Phelix Achar
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-phelix-ouma-2.html

Post by Phelix Achar »

Based on the compelling universe, rich character development, and intricate plotline, I would give "The Great Migration: Book One of the S'orne Saga" a solid rating of 4 out of 5 stars. Ramirez demonstrates a genuine talent for crafting an immersive sci-fi experience, drawing readers into a dynamic cosmos filled with diverse cultures and political dynamics. The protagonist, Keth, and his companions are deeply engaging, and their journey through the galaxy is both thrilling and thought-provoking. While there were moments where pacing could have been tighter, the overall strength of the storytelling and the depth of the themes explored make this book a highly enjoyable read. I eagerly anticipate diving into the next installment of the saga.
williams Emerald
Favorite Book: In It Together
Currently Reading: The Cackling of the Crows
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-williams-emerald.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Post by williams Emerald »

“The Great Migration: Book One of the S’orne Saga” by Steve Ramirez offers a captivating narrative with complex characters and an imaginative world. The book blends elements of science fiction and fantasy seamlessly, creating a rich and immersive reading experience. Ramirez’s writing style is engaging, although some readers may find the initial complexity challenging to navigate. The cover and title are intriguing but could provide more insight into the story’s themes. One of the greatest lessons from the book is the moral complexity of leadership decisions.

Return to “Discuss "The Great Migration: Book One of the S'orne Saga" by Steve Ramirez”