Overall rating and opinion of "The Great Migration: Book One of the S'orne Saga" by Steve Ramirez

Use this forum to discuss the January 2024 Book of the Month, "The Great Migration: Book One of the S'orne Saga" by Steve Ramirez
Forum rules
Only people who purchase and read the book can post in this forum. If you purchased the book, please upload a copy of your receipt at:

https://onlinebookclub.org/verify-purch ... ook=530813

If your purchase of a previous Book of the Month was already marked verified, you will already have access to this forum.
Susan Ledezma
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: The Deceiver's Heart
Currently Reading: House of Hollow
Bookshelf Size: 81
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-susan-ledezma.html
Latest Review: Unsettled Disruption by Juana Catalina Rodriguez
2024 Reading Goal: 125
2024 Goal Completion: 32%

Re: Overall rating and opinion of "The Great Migration: Book One of the S'orne Saga" by Steve Ramirez

Post by Susan Ledezma »

I actually really enjoyed this book. It surprised me because it took a while for me to get into it and I didn't really like the cover. At first I didn't like how it kept switching point of views because it was confusing. However, once they started tying together then the puzzle pieces came together. I loved how intense it was because it kept me hooked and on the edge of my seat. I feel like there are still a lot of questions left unanswered and I'd love to explore more of this series. I would definitely recommend this book to other people.
“Great books help you understand, and they help you feel understood.” -John Green :techie-studyinggray:
Peter Sasomo
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-peter-sasomo.html
Latest Review: Bashert by Larry G. Goldsmith

Post by Peter Sasomo »

As the narrative unfurls, intricate tapestries of civilization emerge within this fantastical realm, where a myriad of cultures interweave, each with its own vibrant customs, beliefs, and languages. The world is a canvas painted with hues borrowed from the tapestry of real-world history and mythology, creating a captivating backdrop for the unfolding epic.
Kristin Cowan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 68
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kristin-cowan.html
Latest Review: Unicorns Know Magic by Charles Adkins

Post by Kristin Cowan »

I am almost finished with the book and I am more and more impressed with the world-building and story depth the author created. The true meaning of the story keeps changing and I feel like I just got to a giant twist, one that is so relatable in our day and age!
Jay Lu
Currently Reading: Magi Apprentice
Bookshelf Size: 62
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jay-lu.html
Latest Review: Casindra Lost by Marti Ward

Post by Jay Lu »

It stands out for its intricate world-building, well-developed characters, and a complex yet engaging plot. Ramirez's skill in weaving multiple storylines into a coherent narrative is commendable. While the initial complexity might challenge some readers, the novel’s immersive storytelling and detailed setting make it a rewarding read. This book is highly recommended for fans of fantasy seeking a rich and layered narrative.
Martina Sette
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 58
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-martina-sette.html
Latest Review: Under The Elm by Ivana Christman
2024 Reading Goal: 30
2024 Goal Completion: 133%

Post by Martina Sette »

Just finished 'In the Shadow of a Dark Star' – mind blown! Can't wait to pen down my review; this book is absolutely amazing!
Bertha Jackson
Bookshelves Moderator
Favorite Book: Launchpad Republic: America's Entrepreneurial Edge and Why It Matters
Currently Reading: The Billionaire's Runaway Bride
Bookshelf Size: 768
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bertha-jackson.html
Latest Review: The Newton Code by Liam Fialkov

Post by Bertha Jackson »

This is one of the best books I have read. It is full of adventure, gory, suspenseful, and professionally edited. I liked the quotes at the beginning of each chapter that gave me an idea of what it was going to be about. I am delighted that I was able to give it a perfect score of 5 out of 5 stars. I hope to be able to read more of the books in this series.
Bertha R. Jackson :D
Book Reviewer at OnlineBookClub.org
Patrícia Gomes
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 54
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-patr-cia-gomes.html
Latest Review: Parabolic Magnetic Key by Nicholas Wudtke

Post by Patrícia Gomes »

I had no idea what I was emerging into. However, I must say that I loved this book. The different points of view, the different challenges, and the continuous additions to the plot made me extremely curious. I couldn't stop until I understood their destiny. Even though I still have many questions, that can only mean this is a promissory Saga for me to continue.
Huini Hellen
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: Conversing with Various Entities
Bookshelf Size: 115
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-huini-hellen.html
Latest Review: Play Golf Better Faster: The Little Golf Bag Book by Kalliope Barlis

Post by Huini Hellen »

Melisa Jane wrote: 28 Dec 2023, 09:57 This is a discussion topic for the January 2024 Book of the Month, "The Great Migration: Book One of the S'orne Saga" by Steve Ramirez

What is your overall opinion of the book? What do you like most about it? What do you like the least? What did you think of the writing style? What genre is the book? What genres are woven into the text? What did you think of the cover and title? What was the greatest lesson you learned from the book? Will you recommend the book to other people? Why or why not?

Please remember to add your actual rating using the book's page on the Bookshelf.
I found the book quite enlightening, especially to the extent that humans would go to survive. I loved the quotes included in the beginning of every chapter the most. My favourite was, "“When I’ve continued forward into the face of unbearable adversity, it’s been less about my strength of character, and more about my available options. I think that’s how it is for most of us.”
The mind adapts and converts to its own purposes the obstacle to our acting. The impediment to action advances action. What stands in the way becomes the way. - Marcus Aurelius
Jane Honda
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jane-honda.html
Latest Review: Inspirational Love by Vernon John Sinnott

Post by Jane Honda »

The tittle is very alluring to any one that comes across it. There wasn't much space for any unecessary write up the content of the book started immediately into action and it's amazing.
Shirley Ann Riddern Labzentis
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 241
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shirley-ann-riddern-labzentis.html
Latest Review: The Girls in the Hall by Tony Andras
2024 Reading Goal: 30
2024 Goal Completion: 76%

Post by Shirley Ann Riddern Labzentis »

At the beginning of the book, I didn't think much of it. While I was reading, my mind would wander and I was easily distracted. Now, I am three-quarters into the book, and I am hooked. I can't wait to see what happens next.
"Life is like a box of chocolates. You never know which one you are going to get!"
Chris Alex Powell
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chris-alex-powell.html
Latest Review: The Adventures of Pebbles, Sox, and Carrot: In the Realm of the Twelve Moons by NP Rayner

Post by Chris Alex Powell »

The book starts out with great detail for me. I think, unlike most people, I enjoyed the thrill that came with it. The book cover did not really look as attractive as the contents appeared to be. Book covers have always meant little to me anyway. Overall, the best part was not having to wait for any buildup.
Kutloano Makhuvhela
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kutloano-makhuvhela.html
Latest Review: Sip Lake by joseph basara

Post by Kutloano Makhuvhela »

The cover was not that appealing to me, but I am glad the writing made for that let-down because it was very to understand, and moved the story nicely so welll. I think I would recommend it to people who are new into the genre, as seasoned readers might not enjoy it that much. I would rate it three out of five stars as a result.
jessica fleming
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jessica-fleming.html
Latest Review: The Great Migration by Steve Ramirez

Post by jessica fleming »

This is just the beginning of an even bigger story, and I think the author did a great job of setting up the universe in an understandable way, and while keeping me interested in the plotline. I enjoyed it and I will most likely finish the series.
Ram Uday Mahajan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 98
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ram-uday-mahajan.html
Latest Review: The Slippery Road. by L. M. Bollers

Post by Ram Uday Mahajan »

The start of this series, although initially unsettling with gory details, swiftly draws readers into a rich, fantastical realm with diverse cultures and a captivating blend of action, adventure, and mystery. Despite its intensity, the narrative skillfully addresses social issues, making it a compelling read.
Ram Uday Mahajan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 98
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ram-uday-mahajan.html
Latest Review: The Slippery Road. by L. M. Bollers

Post by Ram Uday Mahajan »

I'm glad you found the book enjoyable despite initial reservations. The intricate plot, with its shifting perspectives, proved rewarding as the puzzle pieces converged. The intensity that kept you hooked is a testament to its gripping narrative. Here's hoping the series delves deeper into those lingering questions!

Return to “Discuss "The Great Migration: Book One of the S'orne Saga" by Steve Ramirez”