Overall rating and opinion of "The Great Migration: Book One of the S'orne Saga" by Steve Ramirez

Use this forum to discuss the January 2024 Book of the Month, "The Great Migration: Book One of the S'orne Saga" by Steve Ramirez
Forum rules
Only people who purchase and read the book can post in this forum. If you purchased the book, please upload a copy of your receipt at:

https://onlinebookclub.org/verify-purch ... ook=530813

If your purchase of a previous Book of the Month was already marked verified, you will already have access to this forum.
ikechukwuamarachi+55
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 323
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ikechukwuamarachi-55.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Re: Overall rating and opinion of "The Great Migration: Book One of the S'orne Saga" by Steve Ramirez

Post by ikechukwuamarachi+55 »

Fate made an old dispute come to light again. A book with very good descriptions that transport you to that incredible place where the events take place. Our protagonists live great adventures in the midst of so much action. As for the cover, I find it interesting but it doesn't tell me much about the book.
Nenye Charles
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 98
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nenye-charles.html
Latest Review: Radical Resilience by Carol Marchant Gibbs

Post by Nenye Charles »

I enjoyed the book’s content. However, i particularly find the book’s cover to be boring.
Adam Bryce Stern
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-adam-bryce-stern.html
Latest Review: Not Fishy Enough by Briton Kolber

Post by Adam Bryce Stern »

Overall rating 4 or 4.5 out of 5 stars.
I liked the plot, vivid descriptions of animals/creatures and events. I also liked the adventures and action(that starts from the very first chapter) within it's pages. However I don't quite agree with the cover. It's not too bad but I feel it doesn't do the story justice.
Enjani Matendeko
Currently Reading: Nightlord
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-enjani-matendeko.html
Latest Review: Running For One's Life by Lauren Jedlan

Post by Enjani Matendeko »

I rated The Great Migration a 4 out of 5 stars. I liked the stories in it. It was intriguing to an extent. However, I didn't like the arrangement of the story, and how it started. The characters were interesting, but the book didn't help me bond with them.
Savant Chanelle
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-savant-chanelle.html
Latest Review: Ten Commandments for Church Reform by John Wijngaards

Post by Savant Chanelle »

Fate made an old dispute come to light again. A book with very good descriptions that transport you to that incredible place where the events take place. Our protagonists live great adventures in the midst of so much action. As for the cover, I find it interesting but it doesn't tell me much about the book.
Savant Chanelle
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:

Savant Chanelle
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:

Savant Chanelle
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:

Savant Chanelle
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:

Savant Chanelle
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:

Savant Chanelle
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:

Onyinyechi Obi
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-onyinyechi-obi.html
Latest Review: Papi, Por Favor! by Rossana Snee

Post by Onyinyechi Obi »

I still recall noticing how much the author had written on the cover. Many factors, in my opinion, make it somewhat less appealing.
Ntokozo Joy Ndlovu
Currently Reading: The Last Imprint
Bookshelf Size: 211
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ntokozo-joy-ndlovu.html
Latest Review: The MISOGI Method by Jody B. Miller
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by Ntokozo Joy Ndlovu »

I enjoyed the author's descriptive style of writing. The details brought the action scenes to life. The time scaling for me was disturbing, but ultimately justified, considering the period the book seems to be based on. The part about the S'orne being of alien origin brought a welcomed sci-fi flavour to the fantasy adventure feel of the book. I absolutely enjoyed the unique plot, gory details and all! It's a solid 5 out of 5 for me
"All I can do is fight, and I intend to. After all, giving up on the process is giving up on the result."
Rebecca De Figueiredo
Favorite Book: Sent to Watch
Currently Reading: Enlightenment for the Things that Really Matter
Bookshelf Size: 97
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rebecca-de-figueiredo.html
Latest Review: Living Abroad: Challenging the Myths of Expat Life by Jim Santos

Post by Rebecca De Figueiredo »

I found 'The Great Migration' had the same feeling of other-worldliness as books like 'The Lord of the Rings' and 'Harry Potter', and in a sense, 'The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe'. It's as if we are here in our world, but not. This book was a saga spanning a vast area with different tribes and cultures and a new vocabulary. I can see why this is part of a series, as one book would not be enough to document its ever-changing environment and story.
Himanshu K Yadav
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 118
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-himanshu-k-yadav.html
Latest Review: ARKO by U.W. Leo

Post by Himanshu K Yadav »

I loved this book as the story touches on themes like war, religious conflict, and societal upheaval, offering deeper layers beyond the action
Latest Review: ARKO by U.W. Leo

Return to “Discuss "The Great Migration: Book One of the S'orne Saga" by Steve Ramirez”