The Great Migration: An Intriguing Sci-fi

Use this forum to discuss the January 2024 Book of the Month, "The Great Migration: Book One of the S'orne Saga" by Steve Ramirez
Forum rules
Only people who purchase and read the book can post in this forum. If you purchased the book, please upload a copy of your receipt at:

https://onlinebookclub.org/verify-purch ... ook=530813

If your purchase of a previous Book of the Month was already marked verified, you will already have access to this forum.
Annabell Samuel
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-annabell-samuel.html
Latest Review: Wedding Woes by Marcia Dove

Re: The Great Migration: An Intriguing Sci-fi

Post by Annabell Samuel »

This reads like a review of the book. However, it did capture the essence of the book. I agree that the characters were complex. However, it was part of what made the book tick.
Harty Muli
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 274
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-harty-muli.html
Latest Review: Independence Corrupted by Charles Benjamin Schudson

Post by Harty Muli »

The space adventure is enthralling given the excellent worldbuilding, the author's immersive writing style and engaging characters. It will be interesting to see how the lead character Keth develops as he utilizes his special powers.
Aaron Joseph Maupin
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aaron-joseph-maupin.html
Latest Review: Relish Your Retirement by Florance Philip

Post by Aaron Joseph Maupin »

I came about liking Steve Ramirez's writing skills with "The Great Migration: Book One of the S'orne Saga." Ramirez adeptly maintains a sense of constant danger throughout the story, keeping readers on the edge of their seats. The interweaving of multiple storylines adds depth and complexity to the plot, creating a captivating reading experience. The characters, such as Dorinda and Bellona, are well-developed and relatable, allowing readers to become emotionally invested in their journeys.

Moreover, Ramirez's attention to detail is commendable, as it brings the world of the Kingdom to life with vivid descriptions and immersive world-building. The author's exploration of themes such as revenge, loss, and the discovery of profound truths adds layers of depth and complexity to the narrative.

Nonetheless it is too early to form a conclusion with just one book. So I'll endeavor to check out other books from him in the near future.
Kenneth Onyenwe
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 135
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kenneth-onyenwe.html
Latest Review: Not Dead Yet by Mark Fletcher

Post by Kenneth Onyenwe »

The Great Migration seems to be an interesting sci-fi story. I will read to know how Keth resolved the conflict between his responsibility with his people and the quest for personal freedom.
Patrícia Gomes
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 54
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-patr-cia-gomes.html
Latest Review: Infliction Point by Mark Hacker

Post by Patrícia Gomes »

This book is excellent! The world-building and the atmosphere that was created by the author make us forget we are reading at times. Is quite an immersive experience. I truly recommend it.
Jane Honda
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jane-honda.html
Latest Review: Inspirational Love by Vernon John Sinnott

Post by Jane Honda »

I am still on this book so far its been mind-blowing can't wait to share my own side of the story when am done.
Rocky Ellery James Tumbelaka
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 262
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rocky-ellery-james-tumbelaka.html
Latest Review: The Inheritance by Donna Sundblad

Post by Rocky Ellery James Tumbelaka »

Story of space oddyssey always hooked me up. Traveling the unknown, different planets with different live. The worldbuilding in this book was superb, and the characters were very engaging.
Conshelle Dwight William
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-conshelle-dwight-william.html
Latest Review: The Receptionist by Marie-Paul Corelli

Post by Conshelle Dwight William »

"The Great Migration: Book One of the S'orne Saga" by Steve Ramirez presents an absorbing journey into the realms of science fiction, whisking readers away to a vibrant and intricate cosmos. As survivors navigate the perils of an expansive galaxy post their escape from S'orne, Ramirez skillfully intertwines elements of resilience, deceit, and optimism. His adept world-building talents shine through, portraying diverse cultures, intricate political dynamics, and a vast interstellar society that feels both expansive and authentic. The characters, especially the protagonist Keth, are intricately developed, each grappling with personal conflicts and motivations, ensuring a deep emotional connection. With unexpected twists, the storyline seamlessly blends action and introspection, creating a multi-layered plot that captivates throughout.
Patrícia Gomes
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 54
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-patr-cia-gomes.html
Latest Review: Infliction Point by Mark Hacker

Post by Patrícia Gomes »

I have to say that having read this fantastic book for a while now, I still think about it daily. It isn't only intriguing but very intelligent. Creating a world like this is mind-blowing and a ton of work.
Alex Lynn
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alex-lynn.html
Latest Review: God, Science and the Bible by Arnold V Page

Post by Alex Lynn »

The story is one of a hell of entertainment. I enjoy the well-crafted description environment, action and thoughts of the characters. It is a book that combines science fiction with more new related elements.
Renee S
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-renee-s.html
Latest Review: Stevie Tenderheart Books - Billy Jack (The Great Escape) by Steve William Laible
2024 Reading Goal: 30
2024 Goal Completion: 40%

Post by Renee S »

I'm with you in your appreciation for Ramirez's talent in crafting an immersive universe complete with diverse cultures and intricate political dynamics, which highlights the depth and authenticity of the world he has created.
Adam Bryce Stern
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-adam-bryce-stern.html
Latest Review: Not Fishy Enough by Briton Kolber

Post by Adam Bryce Stern »

I started reading a few days and so far I must commend the author's world building, character development and plot development as well. It is a very captivating read and I'm very sure I'd enjoy it till the very end. A true masterpiece
Florence Daniel
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-florence-daniel.html
Latest Review: Soul Seeker by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Florence Daniel »

I've finish reading the book, and I'm already drawn to the captivating plot. The vivid depiction of heart-pounding moments, particularly the portrayal of a deceased character observed by Bellona, stands out. The initial scene, with characters preparing to depart from intense situations, hints at more engaging scenes to come.
Grace_Crier
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-grace-crier.html
Latest Review: With Love, from Planet B by Zaayin Salaam
2024 Reading Goal: 10
2024 Goal Completion: 90%

Post by Grace_Crier »

The first time I saw this book and title It didn't cross my mind it would be a sci-fi fantasy.
Rebecca De Figueiredo
Favorite Book: Sent to Watch
Currently Reading: Enlightenment for the Things that Really Matter
Bookshelf Size: 92
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rebecca-de-figueiredo.html
Latest Review: The Adventurers of Uncle Billy & Ross by Solon Phillips, Esq.

Post by Rebecca De Figueiredo »

I'm not sure that I would call this book 'sci-fi'. To me, that genre has dealings with modern futuristic happenings; a time in the future. I would rather class this as a 'magical' book, in the realms of 'The Lord of The Rings', and the 'Harry Potter' series, a world much like our own, but with a dreamlike or unworldly aura.

Return to “Discuss "The Great Migration: Book One of the S'orne Saga" by Steve Ramirez”