The Great Migration: An Intriguing Sci-fi

Use this forum to discuss the January 2024 Book of the Month, "The Great Migration: Book One of the S'orne Saga" by Steve Ramirez
Forum rules
Only people who purchase and read the book can post in this forum. If you purchased the book, please upload a copy of your receipt at:

https://onlinebookclub.org/verify-purch ... ook=530813

If your purchase of a previous Book of the Month was already marked verified, you will already have access to this forum.
Harshita Goyal _
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-harshita-goyal.html
Latest Review: God's Gift (Woman) by Freddie Floyd Jr
2024 Reading Goal: 100
2024 Goal Completion: 29%

The Great Migration: An Intriguing Sci-fi

Post by Harshita Goyal _ »

"The Great Migration: Book One of the S'orne Saga" by Steve Ramirez is an enthralling sci-fi odyssey that immerses you in a dynamic and complex cosmos. Following a band of survivors as they traverse a perilous galaxy after escaping their home planet, S'orne, Ramirez skillfully weaves a tale of resilience, deceit, and optimism within a richly envisioned interstellar society.

Ramirez demonstrates a genuine talent for crafting an immersive universe, capturing the diverse cultures of various planets and intricate political dynamics, creating a sense of expansiveness and authenticity. The diverse array of characters, each grappling with their own motivations and internal conflicts, ensures you're emotionally invested in their fates as they confront myriad challenges.

The characters in "The Great Migration: Book One of the S'orne Saga" are diverse, complex, and deeply engaging. The protagonist, Keth, is a young man burdened by the weight of his responsibilities as a member of the S'orne, a race of people with extraordinary abilities. Keth is a compelling character, torn between his duty to his people and his desire for freedom and self-discovery.

The storyline brims with unexpected twists, skillfully blending action and introspection to form a multi-layered plot that keeps you eagerly engrossed.
Harshita
Oleabhiele Joseph
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oleabhiele-joseph.html
Latest Review: Launchpad Republic by Howard Wolk and John Landry

Post by Oleabhiele Joseph »

I’ve just started reading the book. All the blurbs I’ve read depicts an interesting odyssey, and I’m always a fan of enthralling journey to satisfaction and fulfillment, in whatever world. I’m sure I’ll love the book.
“You have power over your mind – not outside events. Realize this, and you will find strength.” Marcus Aurelius, Emperor of Rome, 161 AD -180 AD
Julia Begeman
Favorite Book: Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine
Currently Reading: Plunder
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-julia-begeman.html
Latest Review: Truth and Evil by G. Edward Martin

Post by Julia Begeman »

I just got my copy last night and I'm looking forward to starting it when I finish the one I'm currently reading. It looks like a really good read!
Amy Toria
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-tor.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Amy Toria »

The praise for Ramirez's worldbuilding hints at exceptional imagination and attention to detail - crafting immersive universes with intricate societal structures is no small feat!
“So please, oh please, we beg, we pray, go throw your TV set away, and in its place you can install a lovely bookshelf on the wall.”

Roald Dahl
Amy Toria
Currently Reading:
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Amy Toria »

Keth sounds like a fantastic protagonist - burdened heroes torn between obligation and freedom make for incredibly compelling emotional journeys.
“So please, oh please, we beg, we pray, go throw your TV set away, and in its place you can install a lovely bookshelf on the wall.”

Roald Dahl
Amy Toria
Currently Reading:

Post by Amy Toria »

The reference to unexpected narrative twists keeps readers on their toes, blending action and reflection sounds like a skillful balancing act.

Roald Dahl
Martina Sette
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 59
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-martina-sette.html
Latest Review: Just Die by E Alan Fleischauer
2024 Reading Goal: 30
2024 Goal Completion: 136%

Post by Martina Sette »

I have just started this book, and it has already impressed me a lot! I can't wait to finish it so that I can talk about it more in-depth.
Obc Contentor
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 61
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-obc-contentor.html
Latest Review: Below by Stuart Lee

Post by Obc Contentor »

I've also just started reading this book, and I'm already loving the plot. I love the description of heart-pounding scenes, especially the description of a dead character looked down upon by Bellona. Also, in this first scene, the preparation of the characters to leave the brutal scenes promise more engaging scenes ahead.
Latest Review: Below by Stuart Lee
Jay Lu
Currently Reading: Magi Apprentice
Bookshelf Size: 62
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jay-lu.html
Latest Review: Casindra Lost by Marti Ward

Post by Jay Lu »

"The Great Migration" is more than just a sci-fi novel; it's a masterfully woven tapestry of culture and religion by Steve Ramirez. Each character, like Luta and Bellona, enriches the multi-layered story with their unique essence. Ramirez’s created world is astounding, ingeniously integrating real-world religious notions into an entirely novel sci-fi framework. This book is a bold reshaping of traditional sci-fi elements, offering readers a journey of the mind and imagination like no other.
Bertha Jackson
Bookshelves Moderator
Favorite Book: Launchpad Republic: America's Entrepreneurial Edge and Why It Matters
Currently Reading: The Billionaire's Runaway Bride
Bookshelf Size: 770
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bertha-jackson.html
Latest Review: Bailout Conspiracy by Frank Latell

Post by Bertha Jackson »

I am currently reading this book, and I love all the gory action that it entails. Some readers may not enjoy this aspect but I feel it brings more realism to the plot.
Bertha R. Jackson :D
Book Reviewer at OnlineBookClub.org
Peter Sasomo
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-peter-sasomo.html
Latest Review: Bashert by Larry G. Goldsmith

Post by Peter Sasomo »

Ramirez skillfully creates a captivating universe with diverse cultures and complex political dynamics. The rich array of characters, each with their own motivations and conflicts, keeps readers emotionally engaged through various challenges.
Harshita Goyal _
Currently Reading:

Harshita Goyal 2 wrote: 04 Jan 2024, 23:18 "The Great Migration: Book One of the S'orne Saga" by Steve Ramirez is an enthralling sci-fi odyssey that immerses you in a dynamic and complex cosmos. Following a band of survivors as they traverse a perilous galaxy after escaping their home planet, S'orne, Ramirez skillfully weaves a tale of resilience, deceit, and optimism within a richly envisioned interstellar society.

Ramirez demonstrates a genuine talent for crafting an immersive universe, capturing the diverse cultures of various planets and intricate political dynamics, creating a sense of expansiveness and authenticity. The diverse array of characters, each grappling with their own motivations and internal conflicts, ensures you're emotionally invested in their fates as they confront myriad challenges.

The characters in "The Great Migration: Book One of the S'orne Saga" are diverse, complex, and deeply engaging.

The storyline brims with unexpected twists, skillfully blending action and introspection to form a multi-layered plot that keeps you eagerly engrossed.
Harshita
Harshita Goyal _
Currently Reading:

"The Great Migration: Book One of the S'orne Saga by Steve Ramirez is an ambitious and captivating science fiction novel that introduces readers to a rich, complex universe. The story follows the journey of a group of survivors who must navigate through a hostile galaxy after escaping their home planet, S'orne. Ramirez weaves a tale of survival, betrayal, and hope against the backdrop of a vividly imagined interstellar society.
Harshita
Aleena Augustine
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aleena-augustine.html
Latest Review: life.............connected by jacksel

Post by Aleena Augustine »

I've got my copy but I haven't started reading it yet. I can't wait. The premise sounds interesting so hopefully I enjoy it.
Sudhanshu Ranjan 1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sudhanshu-ranjan-1.html
Latest Review: 480 Codorus Street by Sandra L. Kearse-Stockton

Post by Sudhanshu Ranjan 1 »

What about vulgarity... Does this book has sexual content?

Return to “Discuss "The Great Migration: Book One of the S'orne Saga" by Steve Ramirez”