Who would you recommend this book to? Why?

Use this forum to discuss the January 2024 Book of the Month, "The Great Migration: Book One of the S'orne Saga" by Steve Ramirez
Forum rules
Only people who purchase and read the book can post in this forum. If you purchased the book, please upload a copy of your receipt at:

https://onlinebookclub.org/verify-purch ... ook=530813

If your purchase of a previous Book of the Month was already marked verified, you will already have access to this forum.
Dalia Chf
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 80
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dalia-chf.html
Latest Review: Infinity by Catalina DuBois

Re: Who would you recommend this book to? Why?

Post by Dalia Chf »

Sci-fi is a genre that I usually recommend to any book lover. A sci-fi that is part of a saga? That's putting the genre on a whole other level. It makes it that much better. Would recommend to everyone to be honest!
Patrícia Gomes
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 54
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-patr-cia-gomes.html
Latest Review: Infliction Point by Mark Hacker

Post by Patrícia Gomes »

Honestly, any sci-f enthusiast will devour this book. it is a very fast-paced adventure, full of content and it is never boring. However, I have to say that only a certain age will benefit and find joy in this reading experience.
Jane Honda
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jane-honda.html
Latest Review: Inspirational Love by Vernon John Sinnott

Post by Jane Honda »

Obc Contentor wrote: 06 Jan 2024, 06:13 I will recommend the book to lovers of post-apocalyptic stories. Readers who want action-packed and heart-pounding scenes who love the story.
Perfectly said.
Cheryl Erickson
Currently Reading: 3 Sisters 3 Weeks 3 Countries (Still Talking)
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cheryl-erickson.html
Latest Review: The Caroler by Liza Martini

Post by Cheryl Erickson »

I would personally recommend this book to my son. He has a rich imagination and loves to visualize and even draw the detailed scenes and well-developed characters of a science-fiction book. The high level of action and adventure would definitely keep him intrigued as well.
Valentina Vargas 1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-valentina-vargas-1.html
Latest Review: The Great Migration by Steve Ramirez

Post by Valentina Vargas 1 »

I would recommend this book to fans of adventure, world-building and strong lead female characters. I wouldn't personally recommend it to hard-core Sci-fi fans as in my experience they prefer stories that go into a lot more technical detail, whereas this book has more emphasis on story telling and creating a background that serves the story.
Chris Alex Powell
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 79
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chris-alex-powell.html
Latest Review: We All Have A Story! Here’s Mine by Maurice Chandler

Post by Chris Alex Powell »

This book creates vivid imaginations and would be suitable for readers like me who enjoy books that transport them to other dimensions. Additionally, this book started on a strong foot with details and events already happening. So, if you enjoy such books, this is for you.
Erikpume Victory
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-erikpume-victory.html
Latest Review: Fireproof Happiness by Dr. Randy Ross

Post by Erikpume Victory »

I'd recommend this book for lovers of science fiction and action packed stories with twist and would love to immense myself in this action packed book once again
Rishaunda Lynnette Britton
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 139
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rishaunda-lynnette-britton.html
Latest Review: I Wonder Why It's Christmas by Esther Ekunola

Post by Rishaunda Lynnette Britton »

Lovers of science/fiction should enjoy reading this novel as well as those who just want a well-written literary piece, irrespective of the genre.
Aleena Augustine
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aleena-augustine.html
Latest Review: life.............connected by jacksel

Post by Aleena Augustine »

I would recommend this book to lovers of post-apocalyptic fiction. If you pick up this book, be prepared for a read full of adventure, conspiracies, and heartbreaking moments.
Anthony Ekemezie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anthony-ekemezie.html
Latest Review: Crucible of the Damned by Jason Brookshier

Post by Anthony Ekemezie »

I would suggest this book to those who enjoy losing themselves in vividly created fictitious worlds with in-depth descriptions and likable characters.
Sheen Jenny
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sheen-jenny.html
Latest Review: Almost Everything You Wanted To Know About Tickling by Duncan Taub

Post by Sheen Jenny »

If you loved novels like The Hunger Games or Ender's Game, you're likely to enjoy The Great Migration. The story is action-packed and intense, filled with vivid and cinematic scenes that will have you on the edge of your seat. The themes of religion and spirituality add depth and meaning to the plot, and the book is perfect for readers who like thought-provoking and complex stories.
Patrícia Gomes
Currently Reading:

Post by Patrícia Gomes »

Having thought about it a bit more as the days go by, I would recommend this book to very specific people. After all, this book is a masterpiece and, as such, will not be the cup of tea for everyone. With that being said, anyone who enjoys sci-fi will devour this book. If, for instance, they are more into other genres, maybe they should pick up this book after a while of diving into this genre.
Patrícia Gomes
Currently Reading:

Post by Patrícia Gomes »

Sheen Jenny wrote: 16 Jan 2024, 15:51 If you loved novels like The Hunger Games or Ender's Game, you're likely to enjoy The Great Migration. The story is action-packed and intense, filled with vivid and cinematic scenes that will have you on the edge of your seat. The themes of religion and spirituality add depth and meaning to the plot, and the book is perfect for readers who like thought-provoking and complex stories.
It is so interesting the connection you just made with The Hunger Games, it is actually quite fitting!
Chinemezu Okafor
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 67
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chinemezu-okafor.html
Latest Review: Joy in the Valley by Alex D. Scottlynn

Post by Chinemezu Okafor »

I would recommend this book to people like myself who enjoy reading Apocalyptic novels. Also, this novel would be a great fit for readers who have good imaginations; the author showed mastery in narration and I liked the pace too.
Priya Mathew
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-priya-mathew.html
Latest Review: The House on Tyner by Matthew O’Connell

Post by Priya Mathew »

As many have already mentioned in the forum, I also think that fans of post-apocalyptic fiction and dystopian narratives will find the novel's exploration of survival, community, and the human spirit particularly engaging.

I think if you're someone who appreciates intricate world-building, diverse characters, and thought-provoking themes, this book is likely to resonate with you.
"Books are the quietest and most constant of friends; they are the most accessible and wisest of counselors, and the most patient of teachers." - Charles W. Eliot

Return to “Discuss "The Great Migration: Book One of the S'orne Saga" by Steve Ramirez”