Who would you recommend this book to? Why?

Use this forum to discuss the January 2024 Book of the Month, "The Great Migration: Book One of the S'orne Saga" by Steve Ramirez
Forum rules
Only people who purchase and read the book can post in this forum. If you purchased the book, please upload a copy of your receipt at:

https://onlinebookclub.org/verify-purch ... ook=530813

If your purchase of a previous Book of the Month was already marked verified, you will already have access to this forum.
Ajain12
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 70
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ajain12.html
Latest Review: Karmic Selling by Stan Gwizdak

Re: Who would you recommend this book to? Why?

Post by Ajain12 »

I'd recommend this book to enthusiasts of epic fantasy, blending action, adventure, mystery, and intrigue. With a brisk plot, rich character development, and vibrant world-building, it delves into themes like identity, loyalty, prophecy, and survival. If you relish titles like Dune by Frank Herbert, The Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien, or The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins, this book promises an enjoyable journey into a captivating realm.
Fatola Fatai
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 141
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fatola-fatai.html
Latest Review: Living a Life in Balance by Abdullah Boulad

Post by Fatola Fatai »

The first set of people I will recommend this book to are readers interested in complex plots. The book portrays connections between characters and various aspects of the story, making it suitable for readers who appreciate depth in storytelling.
Fatola Fatai
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 141
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fatola-fatai.html
Latest Review: Living a Life in Balance by Abdullah Boulad

Post by Fatola Fatai »

The second set in my scale of preference are readers who enjoy adventure. The book's narrative is filled with exciting and at the same time risky situations, making it appealing to those who enjoy such.
Chad Anthony
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chad-anthony.html
Latest Review: Essential Advice for Buying Your First Home and Navigating through the Mortgage Loan Process by Diana Donnelly

Post by Chad Anthony »

I recommend this book to lovers of sci-fi readers. People who loves fantasy will enjoy this book. Anyone can read the book so I recommend to all.
Leona Rodrigues
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-leona-rodrigues.html
Latest Review: Play Golf Better Faster: The Classic Guide to Optimizing Your Performance and Building Your Best Fast by Kalliope Barlis
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by Leona Rodrigues »

For someone who loves sci-fi, suspense, and adventures, "The Great Migration" by Steve Ramirez is a fantastic pick. This book offers a thrilling journey in a detailed sci-fi world, complete with suspenseful twists and exciting adventures. It's sure to captivate their interest.
Renee S
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-renee-s.html
Latest Review: Stevie Tenderheart Books - Billy Jack (The Great Escape) by Steve William Laible
2024 Reading Goal: 30
2024 Goal Completion: 40%

Post by Renee S »

I would recommend the book for the following:
1) science fiction enthusiasts: the alternate reality setting with the threat of mysterious beings would make for a good read for sci-fi lovers.
2) adventure and action lovers: the fast-paced adventure drama, especially in the face of an impending s'orne invasion, will appeal to readers who enjoy action-packed plots and high-stakes scenarios.
3) those drawn to mysteries and unraveling secrets: the mysterious nature of the s'orne and the revelation of their true purpose create an element of mystery within the story.
4) readers who appreciate themes of survival: the struggle for survival against a formidable threat, as characters face the s'orne invasion and the risk of a contagion of insanity, adds a survivalist theme that such readers can appreciate.
Sarah Zain
Favorite Book: Wutheing heights
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 67
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarah-zain.html
Latest Review: EMA by Aian D. Grey

Post by Sarah Zain »

I recommend it to fans of saga. Sci-fi that transports you to a world similar to your own, but when you approach it, you find it completely different or you will ask yourself if it is? Fans of stories with multiple characters and complex events will also love reading it.
Life is hard on its own so let's make it easier for each other if we could.
Latest Review: EMA by Aian D. Grey
Priyankan Nayak
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-priyankan-nayak.html
Latest Review: The Way of the Goddess by Ananta Ripa Ajmera

Post by Priyankan Nayak »

This book is a sci-fi fantasy kind of novel. I would like to recommend this book to adults beyond 18 years of age. This content contains profanity. Those who love adventure-related stories, getting goosebumps with every chapter can prefer reading it. Those who want something calming and relaxing to lift their mood must avoid reading this book.
Jnapika D
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jnapika-d.html
Latest Review: From Drift to SHIFT by Jody B. Miller

Post by Jnapika D »

I would recommend this book to anyone who loves reading sci-fi novels with intense world-building and to those who enjoy a good series rather than a single novel.
Soma Ezenwanne
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 61
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-soma-ezenwanne.html
Latest Review: Snowed In with my Brother's Best Friend by Stefanie Hart

Post by Soma Ezenwanne »

I recommend this book to individuals who love sci-fi books and opens their minds up to embrace the power of imagination.
Sunday Onuorah
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sunday-onuorah.html
Latest Review: Of Zots and Xoodles by Zarqnon the Embarrassed

Post by Sunday Onuorah »

I will suggest the book to readers who enjoy dystopian fiction. readers who enjoy the plot and are looking for thrilling, action-packed scenes.
Abraham Ozo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 112
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abraham-ozo.html
Latest Review: From GED to PhD by Barbara Crump

Post by Abraham Ozo »

Recommended for fans of intricate multi-book sagas on other planets, this novel offers detailed character development and societal exploration. While it occasionally slows the pace, readers who appreciate in-depth world-building will find it engaging.
Grace_Crier
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-grace-crier.html
Latest Review: UNEMPLOYABLE by Alysia Edith Silberg
2024 Reading Goal: 10
2024 Goal Completion: 90%

Post by Grace_Crier »

I'd recommend this book to someone who loves great world building and to those who read books like mistborn.
Rebecca De Figueiredo
Favorite Book: Sent to Watch
Currently Reading: Enlightenment for the Things that Really Matter
Bookshelf Size: 88
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rebecca-de-figueiredo.html
Latest Review: When Business Is Love by Jan Ryde

Post by Rebecca De Figueiredo »

I would recommend this book to teens and young adults: It has a magical quality like 'The Lord of The Rings' and the 'Harry Potter' books. It seems to be written of this world, yet there's an 'unworldly' feel to it. There are underlying messages in it, such as acceptance of different creeds and cultures, teamwork, and climate change, which are all a good thing. The book captivating with an excellent plot, which will keep an avid young reader riveted to the book.
Ibraheem Rasheedat
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-donald-cecil-hufstedler.html
Latest Review: Running For One's Life by Lauren Jedlan

Post by Ibraheem Rasheedat »

If you enjoy exploring vast and vividly imagined fictional worlds, "The Great Migration" might be a great fit for you. The first book of a saga often serves as an introduction to the world, establishing its unique features, history, and inhabitants. If you appreciate detailed world-building and discovering new cultures, species, or civilizations, this book might captivate your imagination.

Return to “Discuss "The Great Migration: Book One of the S'orne Saga" by Steve Ramirez”