(Spoiler alert!) What did you think of the ending?

Use this forum to discuss the January 2024 Book of the Month, "The Great Migration: Book One of the S'orne Saga" by Steve Ramirez
Forum rules
Only people who purchase and read the book can post in this forum. If you purchased the book, please upload a copy of your receipt at:

https://onlinebookclub.org/verify-purch ... ook=530813

If your purchase of a previous Book of the Month was already marked verified, you will already have access to this forum.
Chris Alex Powell
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chris-alex-powell.html
Latest Review: The Adventures of Pebbles, Sox, and Carrot: In the Realm of the Twelve Moons by NP Rayner

Re: (Spoiler alert!) What did you think of the ending?

Post by Chris Alex Powell »

I saw what the author did at the end. Typically left in a way to make anyone ponder and have unanswered questions that would most likely lead them to the rest of the series. I didn't have an issue with the way it ended, even though a lot was left unresolved.
Aleena Augustine
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 54
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aleena-augustine.html
Latest Review: Fouling in Business and College Athletics by Gonzalo Fernandez

Post by Aleena Augustine »

The ending was distressing personally because the conflicts of the story weren't resolved, which is understandable since the book is part of a saga. All the deaths, especially, were upsetting. I'm curious to read the other two books to find out how the main characters overcome all the difficulties, and I sincerely hope that Bellona gets her happy ending.
Anthony Ekemezie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anthony-ekemezie.html
Latest Review: Crucible of the Damned by Jason Brookshier

Post by Anthony Ekemezie »

I usually enjoy a book more if it has a suspenseful ending. This book is no exception. I look forward to reading the next book.
Kristin Cowan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 68
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kristin-cowan.html
Latest Review: Unicorns Know Magic by Charles Adkins

Post by Kristin Cowan »

I didn't expect it to end the way it did, but I enjoyed it overall. I was pleasantly surprised with some of the character development such as the princess, and of course, disappointed with some of the deaths. I am ready to read the next one to find out what happens next!
jessica fleming
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jessica-fleming.html
Latest Review: The Great Migration by Steve Ramirez

Post by jessica fleming »

I thought the ending was a good way to wrap up the story in a way, but also it makes me want to continue the series because there’s still unaddressed questions. I think the author did good with that because I HATE cliffhangers but I also want to be intrigued to continue
Shirley Ann Riddern Labzentis
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 241
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shirley-ann-riddern-labzentis.html
Latest Review: The Girls in the Hall by Tony Andras
2024 Reading Goal: 30
2024 Goal Completion: 76%

Post by Shirley Ann Riddern Labzentis »

I liked the ending. It did leave some questions unanswered, but that is expected when there are other books in the series to come. I felt sad that so many of the characters had to die.
"Life is like a box of chocolates. You never know which one you are going to get!"
Martina Sette
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 58
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-martina-sette.html
Latest Review: Under The Elm by Ivana Christman
2024 Reading Goal: 30
2024 Goal Completion: 133%

Post by Martina Sette »

I really loved this book, and the ending totally caught me off guard. It was so unexpected and cool!
Patrícia Gomes
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-patr-cia-gomes.html
Latest Review: So-so by Nicholas A. Ventura

Post by Patrícia Gomes »

RJ Reviews wrote: 09 Jan 2024, 08:01 As the start of a series, the book has to have a satisfactory ending yet it must leave open questions for a sequel. It is not easy to write such an ending without leaving the readers disappointed with a major cliffhanger. Yet there must remain enough suspense for the readers wanting more. The author did an amazing job in this book. Readers will definitely be looking for more to read to find out about the missing prince and other answers.
I couldn't agree more! However, even if we were left with a cliffhanger, I truly believe we would still want to know the continuation of the book. Frustration, in a Saga, can be beneficial as well!
Patrícia Gomes
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-patr-cia-gomes.html
Latest Review: So-so by Nicholas A. Ventura

Post by Patrícia Gomes »

Chris Alex Powell wrote: 15 Jan 2024, 07:17 I saw what the author did at the end. Typically left in a way to make anyone ponder and have unanswered questions that would most likely lead them to the rest of the series. I didn't have an issue with the way it ended, even though a lot was left unresolved.
Exactly! I truly believe that even if we were frustrated with the unsolved questions, we would still want to know the rest of the story!
Chinemezu Okafor
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 67
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chinemezu-okafor.html
Latest Review: Joy in the Valley by Alex D. Scottlynn

Post by Chinemezu Okafor »

The book ended like a proper first book of a series should end, with a lot of questioned and stirred curiosity. I had a lot of questions too, especially as regards the prince but I guess many of my questions will be answered in the subsequent books. In the end, it ended as it should, leaving us wanting more.
Gladis Ratish Kumar
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 97
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gladis-ratish-kumar.html
Latest Review: Molly's Milestone by Marlys Beider

Post by Gladis Ratish Kumar »

Although the conclusion lacked happiness, the author skillfully leaves readers yearning for the second series. I'm curious about Bellona and Keldiari's trek to Thunder Valley—did Bellona stay behind or reunite with her father? Did Samael come back, aware of his brother's demise? Anxiously awaiting the sequel to uncover these answers.
Stephanie Runyon
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Destiny Hawkins
Favorite Book: The Omicron Six
Currently Reading: Deadly Sexy Lizzy
Bookshelf Size: 1660
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stephanie-runyon.html
Latest Review: A Fated Beginning by Neko Craft
Reading Device: B07R3HTWLN
fav_author_id: 100303

Post by Stephanie Runyon »

I felt that they eliminated several characters too quickly. The deaths of everyone except Bellona was tragic and I think that there could have been more that survived. I was sad when I learned that Kyra and the prince died.
"Facts don't care about feelings." Ben Shapiro
"Don't try to keep up with me, I live on the edge too thin to see." Ryan Upchurch
"See, one man's inconvenience is another's joy." NF
Priya Mathew
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-priya-mathew.html
Latest Review: The House on Tyner by Matthew O’Connell

Post by Priya Mathew »

I loved the character development of Bellona. It was interesting to watch how she went from being a part of the group at the start to stepping up and leading her own party by the end. It's like this amazing journey of growth and resilience.

The ending was bittersweet for me. I really thought Luta could've made it, you know? But then again, I get it—it's like if everyone survives, it might overshadow Bellona's own journey and growth. It's that classic dilemma of wanting everyone to be okay but realizing it might not serve the story.

Guess we'll just have to dive into the next book to see where the story takes us.
"Books are the quietest and most constant of friends; they are the most accessible and wisest of counselors, and the most patient of teachers." - Charles W. Eliot
Macelo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-macelo.html
Latest Review: A Secret Life by Mina Bancheva

Post by Macelo »

The book ending was more of a cliffhanger, a lot of questions still remain an answered looking forward to figure them out in book two
Purrfect Music Reader
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-purrfect-music-reader.html
Latest Review: Parabolic Magnetic Key by Nicholas Wudtke

Post by Purrfect Music Reader »

The ending provided a perfect amount of mystery, without there being too much of a cliffhanger...
The last 100 pages or so were pumped full of action, suspense, display of courage, and skills of characters. The ending did well to showcase the progression of each character, and closed certain aspects off nicely, but at the same time left plenty open for the next stage of the saga. There are a few mysteries yet to be solved. I would definitely read the next one!

Return to “Discuss "The Great Migration: Book One of the S'orne Saga" by Steve Ramirez”