What topics did you find harder to read?

Use this forum to discuss the January 2024 Book of the Month, "The Great Migration: Book One of the S'orne Saga" by Steve Ramirez
Forum rules
Only people who purchase and read the book can post in this forum. If you purchased the book, please upload a copy of your receipt at:

https://onlinebookclub.org/verify-purch ... ook=530813

If your purchase of a previous Book of the Month was already marked verified, you will already have access to this forum.
Jnapika D
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jnapika-d.html
Latest Review: From Drift to SHIFT by Jody B. Miller

Re: What topics did you find harder to read?

Post by Jnapika D »

The topics I found harder to read were the graphic deaths of the characters. They were graphic, vivid, and hard to read.
Nenye Charles
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 94
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nenye-charles.html
Latest Review: The Ultimate Prepared Bug-In Guide by S. Lee

Post by Nenye Charles »

At the start of the book, I found it hard to read, especially because of the horrible murders that occurred.
Stephanie Cameron
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stephanie-cameron.html
Latest Review: Roan by E. R. Barr

Post by Stephanie Cameron »

It was hard to read certain characters getting killed.I didn't care much about the explaining of the S'orne. I understood the concept, but I have more questions, especially about the AI that sent them to a random world. It was hard trying to connect all the dots with Lutas explanation.
Latest Review: Roan by E. R. Barr
Pablo Josue Mendia
Favorite Book: Terms of Service
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pablo-josue-mendia.html
Latest Review: Stevie Tenderheart Books - Billy Jack (The Great Escape) by Steve William Laible
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
2024 Reading Goal: 250
2024 Goal Completion: 27%

Post by Pablo Josue Mendia »

I felt that everything that involved the history or the mystery of the S'orne was a little difficult to read. I had to recheck and reread sometimes to not get lost in the subplots. However, it wasn't that bad because even if I did not go back and reread, I would have understood the storyline enough to enjoy the story. Hopefully, Ramirez does better exposition of mysterious and historical anecdotes in his next story.
Alissa Deann Devargas
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alissa-deann-devargas.html
Latest Review: A Long Ago place by Donna Betten

Post by Alissa Deann Devargas »

I found Luta's explanations of how the s'orne's origin difficult to read because he made it look tedious. The explanations were too long and he didn't try enough to make it interesting. Also, the deaths in the book were quite gruesome.
Dem Dem
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dem-dem.html
Latest Review: American Fools Day by Anthony Kishko

Post by Dem Dem »

Shirley Ann Riddern Labzentis wrote: 19 Jan 2024, 18:43 I found that the beginning of the book was the hardest to read. The brutal murders of humans and animals was quite disturbing.
I totally agree with you. No doubt, the hardest parts were the deaths of humans and animals. The best part was "Artificial Intelligence" one, as I'm from the same field.
Mari Thompson
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mari-thompson.html
Latest Review: Play Golf Better Faster: The Little Golf Bag Book by Kalliope Barlis

Post by Mari Thompson »

A common theme seems to be that the start of the book is the most gruesome and hard to read. If a person can make it past the start then the rest of the book is very engaging and worth it.
Chockanathan G
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chockanathan-g.html
Latest Review: How to be a SuperStar Salesperson by Audri White
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 26%

Post by Chockanathan G »

To be honest, it was hard for me to read this book from the beginning since it started with the cruel deaths of her comrades. Since it was the first time, it was difficult for me to read this kind of brutality.
Barongo Mosera
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34

Post by Barongo Mosera »

Personally, I find topics involving excessive violence and highly descriptive scenes of brutality to be challenging to read. While I acknowledge the necessity of portraying the grim consequences of the s'orne invasion from the human perspective in "The Great Migration," it brought to my attention how limited knowledge about our surroundings can cloud our judgment and potentially lead to misguided decisions.
williams Emerald
Favorite Book: In It Together
Currently Reading: The Cackling of the Crows
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-williams-emerald.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Post by williams Emerald »

Personally, I found it tough to stomach the brutal deaths of some characters. But I appreciated how they stayed true to themselves, bravely sacrificing to help others. The book’s discussion of artificial intelligence reminded me of today’s concerns about its effects and ethical questions.
Raymonda Onwuka 1
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Banished
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-raymonda-onwuka-1.html
Latest Review: Butterfly Awakens by Meg Nocero

Post by Raymonda Onwuka 1 »

The part about brutal killing of people and animals was written in a way that you can easily imagine it and it was very hard to read that part.
The similar part as to regards the current events is the AI part.

Return to “Discuss "The Great Migration: Book One of the S'orne Saga" by Steve Ramirez”