What Were Your First Impressions on The Great Migration?

Use this forum to discuss the January 2024 Book of the Month, "The Great Migration: Book One of the S'orne Saga" by Steve Ramirez
Forum rules
Only people who purchase and read the book can post in this forum. If you purchased the book, please upload a copy of your receipt at:

https://onlinebookclub.org/verify-purch ... ook=530813

If your purchase of a previous Book of the Month was already marked verified, you will already have access to this forum.
Gerry Steen
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: The Impossible Mock Orange Trial
Bookshelf Size: 188
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gerry-steen.html
Latest Review: House of Eire by June Gillam

Re: What Were Your First Impressions on The Great Migration?

Post by Gerry Steen »

I have read the first fourteen pages. I was immediately enthralled by the beginning of the story. Bellona was surveying the damage left by the attack of the barongs during the night. The descriptions given by the narrator were very vivid. The introduction of the main characters who were part of a group with Bellona led me to respect them for their bravery, prowess, and stoicism. I am looking forward to reading the rest of this novel. I am hooked! :techie-studyinggray:
Marina Flisvou
Currently Reading: Jake Fortina and the Roman Conspiracy
Bookshelf Size: 118
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marina-flisvou.html
Latest Review: Voices of the Basque Signet by GalaGabirondo

Post by Marina Flisvou »

The book introduces the Zuni people and their close relationship with the environment, which adds depth to the story. It also shows how human actions can affect nature, making you think about the impact of these actions. The book combines exciting moments with thoughtful insights, exploring both a dangerous physical journey and a deep moral one. It seems like it will be a compelling series.
Marina
Barongo Mosera
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34

Post by Barongo Mosera »

I thought it had a great start. The feelings for Bellona aligned well with how I would picture the scene of losing people to an animal attack. I like the amount of detail included because it felt ominous as the group travels while they know the Barong are still following them.
williams Emerald
Favorite Book: In It Together
Currently Reading: The Cackling of the Crows
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-williams-emerald.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Post by williams Emerald »

My first impression of “The Great Migration” is that it offers a compelling and immersive journey into a richly detailed and complex world. The vivid language and intricate character dynamics immediately draw readers in, while the juxtaposition of serene landscapes with brutal realities adds depth to the narrative. It seems like a captivating read with plenty of intrigue and adventure to explore.
Elijah Reuben
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elijah-reuben.html
Latest Review: Love All the Way by Aurora Carafa

Post by Elijah Reuben »

My first impression was one of fear. I expected it to be one in which human lives are not valued. The existing ones do anything to survive.
Raymonda Onwuka 1
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Banished
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-raymonda-onwuka-1.html
Latest Review: Butterfly Awakens by Meg Nocero

Post by Raymonda Onwuka 1 »

I love stories withe female protagonists, don't get me wrong I don't hate those with make protagonists but I enjoy ones with female protagonist better. Additionally,Bellona is a great and amazing character.
Centrine Nelima
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14

Post by Centrine Nelima »

The feelings for Bellona aligned well with how I would picture the scene of losing people to an animal attack. I like the amount of detail included because it felt ominous as the group travels while they know the Barong are still following them.Especially taking into consideration the amount of deaths that occur right away. But suddenly I couldn't put it down anymore.
Frank Ngwele
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-frank-ngwele.html
Latest Review: Zonas de quema by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by Frank Ngwele »

My first impressions of "The Great Migration: Book One of the S'orne Saga" are quite positive. The book painted a vivid picture of a richly crafted fantasy world filled with adventure, intrigue, and philosophical depth.

Return to “Discuss "The Great Migration: Book One of the S'orne Saga" by Steve Ramirez”