What did you think of Princess Dorinda's character?

Use this forum to discuss the January 2024 Book of the Month, "The Great Migration: Book One of the S'orne Saga" by Steve Ramirez
Forum rules
Only people who purchase and read the book can post in this forum. If you purchased the book, please upload a copy of your receipt at:

https://onlinebookclub.org/verify-purch ... ook=530813

If your purchase of a previous Book of the Month was already marked verified, you will already have access to this forum.
Chikamnele Favour
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chikamnele-favour.html
Latest Review: My Spouse, my friend by Ingiete Oyama

Re: What did you think of Princess Dorinda's character?

Post by Chikamnele Favour »

She played a very nice character. It was a never see this coming moment when she acted as a bully and later it turned out it was to help her fellow citizen
Marina Flisvou
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Jake Fortina and the Roman Conspiracy
Bookshelf Size: 118
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marina-flisvou.html
Latest Review: Voices of the Basque Signet by GalaGabirondo

Post by Marina Flisvou »

Princess Dorinda is a complex and vivid character. She's known for her fiery and rebellious nature, often fighting against authority and expressing herself strongly during arguments. Despite her tough exterior, she shows moments of vulnerability and deep care for her people, especially in crisis situations where she steps up to lead.
Marina
Barongo Mosera
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34

Post by Barongo Mosera »

When I first started reading the book, I didn't like her character. As the story progressed, she grew on me as her motivations and reasoning were displayed. While she wasn't my favorite character, there were qualities in her that I found remarkable, such as how she reacted in difficult situations. I'm curious to see how her character develops as the series progresses.
williams Emerald
Favorite Book: In It Together
Currently Reading: The Cackling of the Crows
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-williams-emerald.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Post by williams Emerald »

Princess Dorinda’s character have a complex and evolving nature. While initially unlikable, her development throughout the story reveals layers of depth and nuance, making her a compelling figure. Her reactions in challenging circumstances demonstrate resilience and perhaps even hidden strengths. It’ll be intriguing to witness her further growth and transformation as the series unfolds.
Centrine Nelima
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14

Post by Centrine Nelima »

At first, I did not like her character. She behaved like a spoilt brat for a princess but later her transformation took me by surprise. I think her initial behavior was caused by a lack of affection. But as her story progressed I could see that there is a lot of her that we don't fully know, I think we will understand her even better when we get to know what happened in her family with her mother and her brothers.

Return to “Discuss "The Great Migration: Book One of the S'orne Saga" by Steve Ramirez”