What did you think of Princess Dorinda's character?

Use this forum to discuss the January 2024 Book of the Month, "The Great Migration: Book One of the S'orne Saga" by Steve Ramirez
Forum rules
Only people who purchase and read the book can post in this forum. If you purchased the book, please upload a copy of your receipt at:

https://onlinebookclub.org/verify-purch ... ook=530813

If your purchase of a previous Book of the Month was already marked verified, you will already have access to this forum.
Melisa Jane
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: The Dead Speak
Bookshelf Size: 190
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-melisa-jane.html
Latest Review: In It Together (2nd Edition Hardcover from B&N) by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Melisa Jane »

This is a discussion topic for the January 2024 Book of the Month, "The Great Migration: Book One of the S'orne Saga" by Steve Ramirez

Attachments
09.jpg
09.jpg (8.78 MiB) Viewed 1156 times
Insofar as the word 'should' even has meaning, then we must say that the past is exactly as it should be, everything that happened should have happened, and everything that should happen will happen
:techie-studyingbrown:

~ Scott Hughes
Aida Nuria Montenegro Jerez
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aida-nuria-montenegro-jerez.html
Latest Review: Fouling in Business and College Athletics by Gonzalo Fernandez

Post by Aida Nuria Montenegro Jerez »

Honestly, I think that her behavior was due to a lack of paternal affection and continued drug use that was pronounced during the summer solstice holidays.
Macelo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-macelo.html
Latest Review: A Secret Life by Mina Bancheva

Post by Macelo »

I liked her attitude despite being a rude princess, when the time came for her to become responsible sue did her best and remained strong supporting his father through the entire ordeal and that's l pretty remarkable
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: The Writing for the Vialins
Bookshelf Size: 433
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe Morrow
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 45%

Post by NetMassimo »

She shows all the complexity of a teenager who can be spoilt and feel entitled to act out and at the same time she has some personal issues that might be connected to what happened in her family, so in normal situations she's not easy to deal with. However, in a time of crisis, another side came out.
Ciao :)
Massimo
Susan Ledezma
Favorite Book: The Warrior's Curse
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 82
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-susan-ledezma.html
Latest Review: Unsettled Disruption by Juana Catalina Rodriguez
2024 Reading Goal: 125
2024 Goal Completion: 33%

Post by Susan Ledezma »

When I first started reading the book, I didn't like her character. As the story progressed, she grew on me as her motivations and reasoning were displayed. While she wasn't my favorite character, there were qualities in her that I found remarkable, such as how she reacted in difficult situations. I'm curious to see how her character develops as the series progresses.
“Great books help you understand, and they help you feel understood.” -John Green :techie-studyinggray:
Macelo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-macelo.html
Latest Review: A Secret Life by Mina Bancheva

Post by Macelo »

The princess represented both good and bad character, her attitude was pretty bad in the beginning but thanks to the incursion we got to see the best of her, she was always ready to help just to get their kingdom back in track and that's really commendable after all sometimes bad things are what bring good results and the best out of a person.
Ruth Chege 2
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ruth-chege-2.html
Latest Review: Madam Vice President by Julian Mann

Post by Ruth Chege 2 »

Honestly, Princess Dorinda is quite an entitled one, and her continued drug usage added to her negativity. However, when needed to fulfill her duties, she did her best, which was a positive aspect about her.
Ruth Chege 2
Currently Reading:

Post by Ruth Chege 2 »

Macelo wrote: 28 Jan 2024, 09:39 The princess represented both good and bad character, her attitude was pretty bad in the beginning but thanks to the incursion we got to see the best of her, she was always ready to help just to get their kingdom back in track and that's really commendable after all sometimes bad things are what bring good results and the best out of a person.
There was quite a negative representation of her in the beginning. Fortunately, we see that just as coin is two-sided, the princess had her good side.
Ruth Chege 2
Currently Reading:

Post by Ruth Chege 2 »

Susan Ledezma wrote: 27 Jan 2024, 19:18 When I first started reading the book, I didn't like her character. As the story progressed, she grew on me as her motivations and reasoning were displayed. While she wasn't my favorite character, there were qualities in her that I found remarkable, such as how she reacted in difficult situations. I'm curious to see how her character develops as the series progresses.
I'm actually curious to see how Princess Dorinda acts in the next installment. That's what exciting about adding a series of books to your bookshelf. How vengeful will she get?
Susan Ledezma
Favorite Book: The Warrior's Curse
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 82
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-susan-ledezma.html
Latest Review: Unsettled Disruption by Juana Catalina Rodriguez
2024 Reading Goal: 125
2024 Goal Completion: 33%

Post by Susan Ledezma »

Ruth Chege 2 wrote: 29 Jan 2024, 06:32
Susan Ledezma wrote: 27 Jan 2024, 19:18 When I first started reading the book, I didn't like her character. As the story progressed, she grew on me as her motivations and reasoning were displayed. While she wasn't my favorite character, there were qualities in her that I found remarkable, such as how she reacted in difficult situations. I'm curious to see how her character develops as the series progresses.
I'm actually curious to see how Princess Dorinda acts in the next installment. That's what exciting about adding a series of books to your bookshelf. How vengeful will she get?
I completely agree. There's still so much time for her character to develop and change throughout the series.
“Great books help you understand, and they help you feel understood.” -John Green :techie-studyinggray:
Nompulelo Moyo
Currently Reading: Cynthia and Dan, Cyber War
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lelo-19.html
Latest Review: Fireproof Happiness by Dr. Randy Ross

Post by Nompulelo Moyo »

At first, I did not like her character. She behaved like a spoilt brat for a princess but later her transformation took me by surprise. I think her initial behavior was caused by a lack of affection. I think it was a cry for help.
Kristine Mariel Diaz
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 251
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kristine-mariel-diaz.html
Latest Review: ARKO by U.W. Leo

Post by Kristine Mariel Diaz »

This character was amazingly created, at first you hate her for being a bully and a spoiled princess. But as her story progressed I could see that there is a lot of her that we don't fully know, I think we will understand her even better when we get to know what happened in her family with her mother and her brothers.
Latest Review: ARKO by U.W. Leo
Sameeha Ismail
Currently Reading: Jane Austen at Home
Bookshelf Size: 232
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sameeha-ismail.html
Latest Review: Not Fishy Enough by Briton Kolber

Post by Sameeha Ismail »

I liked her character even when she was a bulling student of Laena. She's forcing Laena to grow. And then when the s'orne attacked she showed up with all her charisma. It was a wonderful surprise.
One book, printed in the heart's own wax Is worth a thousand in the stacks.
Priyankan Nayak
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-priyankan-nayak.html
Latest Review: Marijuana Martinis by Liv Hamrick
2024 Reading Goal: 15
2024 Goal Completion: 153%

Post by Priyankan Nayak »

I think Dorinda Merovian has played her part significantly twice in this book.
First when she was against learning about the faiths in her class. She was one of the members of her group who were taunting her tutor. She was behaving immaturely. She was disrespectful.
Second, after the city got attacked by the infected and the S'orne. She helped her fellow remaining citizens in piling up the dead bodies. She had learned combat skills from the Commander Ryker. That's why she was confident about her skills. She showed empathy and compassion for others. She was behaving maturely. She was in grief after hearing about his young brother's death.
Kathy Smith 16
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kathy-smith-16.html
Latest Review: The Thing at the Edge of Blundertown by Jane M. Bloom

Post by Kathy Smith 16 »

Kristine Mariel Diaz wrote: 31 Jan 2024, 13:13 This character was amazingly created, at first you hate her for being a bully and a spoiled princess. But as her story progressed I could see that there is a lot of her that we don't fully know, I think we will understand her even better when we get to know what happened in her family with her mother and her brothers.
I agree. Initially, she was THE WORST. But now we are seeing more depth to her and maybe an understanding as to why she acts out as she does.

Return to “Discuss "The Great Migration: Book One of the S'orne Saga" by Steve Ramirez”