What would you do to survive S'orne attack?

Use this forum to discuss the January 2024 Book of the Month, "The Great Migration: Book One of the S'orne Saga" by Steve Ramirez
Forum rules
Only people who purchase and read the book can post in this forum. If you purchased the book, please upload a copy of your receipt at:

https://onlinebookclub.org/verify-purch ... ook=530813

If your purchase of a previous Book of the Month was already marked verified, you will already have access to this forum.
Aleya Logan Moreno
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aleya-logan-moreno.html
Latest Review: Teen Life Skills by Florance Philip
2024 Reading Goal: 15
2024 Goal Completion: 93%

Re: What would you do to survive S'orne attack?

Post by Aleya Logan Moreno »

The S’orne seem way too fast and strong for me to outrun or defend myself against them. I guess that only leaves hiding and hoping they move on before I run out of food and water. It would b terrifying to live in that world and even if I hid I would probably still manage to get attacked by a S’orne.
Giridhar Achary
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-giridhar-achary.html
Latest Review: Reconceptualizing Mental Illness in the Digital Age by Elliott B. Martin, Jr.

Post by Giridhar Achary »

I have no idea how to deal with the infected in the event of a s'orne attack in my city. It might be hiding underground to keep away from other afflicted people. If I can, I also think about hiding in the water or pouring alcohol on my body so that they can't sense human or blood smells.
Williams Nnodim
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 94
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-williams-nnodim.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings

Post by Williams Nnodim »

In the face of S'orne's attack, survival instinct dictates a strategic retreat until the threat subsides. Without advanced technology or fortified shelters, escaping to a remote, predator-aware location offers the best chance of evading danger. Preparation is crucial due to the planet's perilous wildlife.
P Sudam Patra
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-p-sudam-patra.html
Latest Review: The Illusion of Superiority by Christopher Joseph

Post by P Sudam Patra »

I don't know what I should do in that situation, but I definitely should have done any option as possible or necessary, as discussed with people above.
Tukuna Sahu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tukuna-sahu.html
Latest Review: Love Letters to the Virgin Mary by David Richards

Post by Tukuna Sahu »

To ensure my safety, I shall do everything possible to avoid the s'orne. Most of the time, I prefer to hide from them or pour alcohol all over my body to avoid the smell of human blood.
williams Emerald
Favorite Book: In It Together
Currently Reading: The Cackling of the Crows
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-williams-emerald.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by williams Emerald »

Surviving a S’orne attack would likely require quick thinking, resourcefulness, and cooperation with others. Seeking shelter in fortified areas, forming alliances with fellow survivors, and staying vigilant to avoid S’orne creatures would be crucial. Additionally, having access to supplies like food, water, and medical supplies would increase chances of survival. Ultimately, adaptability and resilience would be key traits in navigating such a dangerous situation.
Sharon Mwendwa1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sharon-mwendwa1.html
Latest Review: Zonas de quema by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by Sharon Mwendwa1 »

Surviving a S'orne attack would likely require quick thinking, resourcefulness, and perhaps some luck. My strategies could include finding shelter, seeking help from allies or authorities, defending myself with whatever means available, or attempting to evade the attackers altogether. Remaining calm and assessing the situation carefully would be crucial for making effective decisions in such a perilous scenario.
Olivier Muhammad
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: In It Together
Bookshelf Size: 13

Post by Olivier Muhammad »

In the face of a S'orne attack, survival would demand a calculated approach and quick thinking. The first priority would be to find a secure place where immediate danger can be avoided, seeking refuge indoors or using natural barriers for protection. Remaining alert and attentive to the surroundings becomes crucial, listening for any signs of approaching S'orne or other threats. Strength lies in numbers, so collaborating with others for safety and support would greatly increase the chances of survival. Engaging in direct confrontation with a S'orne should be avoided whenever possible, unless there is a clear advantage or means of defense.

Return to “Discuss "The Great Migration: Book One of the S'orne Saga" by Steve Ramirez”