What would you do to survive S'orne attack?

Use this forum to discuss the January 2024 Book of the Month, "The Great Migration: Book One of the S'orne Saga" by Steve Ramirez
Forum rules
Only people who purchase and read the book can post in this forum. If you purchased the book, please upload a copy of your receipt at:

https://onlinebookclub.org/verify-purch ... ook=530813

If your purchase of a previous Book of the Month was already marked verified, you will already have access to this forum.
Melisa Jane
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: The Dead Speak
Bookshelf Size: 190
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-melisa-jane.html
Latest Review: In It Together (2nd Edition Hardcover from B&N) by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Melisa Jane »

This is a discussion topic for the January 2024 Book of the Month, "The Great Migration: Book One of the S'orne Saga" by Steve Ramirez

Attachments
08.jpg
08.jpg (7.72 MiB) Viewed 665 times
Insofar as the word 'should' even has meaning, then we must say that the past is exactly as it should be, everything that happened should have happened, and everything that should happen will happen
:techie-studyingbrown:

~ Scott Hughes
Macelo
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-macelo.html
Latest Review: A Secret Life by Mina Bancheva

Post by Macelo »

I would likely hide on underground bunker used by the military if you can't outrun the virus you might as well hide
Kristine Mariel Diaz
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 244
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kristine-mariel-diaz.html
Latest Review: 30th Century: Escape (General Audience Edition) by Mark Kingston Levin PhD

Post by Kristine Mariel Diaz »

I don't think I can do anything but hide (that is, if I don't freeze in front of them). In my personal experience, I don't have any combat training, and the infected don't show any rational way to approach them. I would definitely need to find a strong and safe place to hide.
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: The Writing for the Vialins
Bookshelf Size: 433
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe Morrow
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 45%

Post by NetMassimo »

I'm on a low-tech planet, so no fancy bunker full of the equipment you need to survive for months. That means that I might try to run as far away as I can from the city invaded by the s'orne, possibly going to some very remote place. Note that I should be prepared in advance, as that world seems inhabited by very dangerous predators, so it's not that you can just go anywhere into the wood to hide.
Ciao :)
Massimo
Sameeha Ismail
Currently Reading: Jane Austen at Home
Bookshelf Size: 230
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sameeha-ismail.html
Latest Review: Not Fishy Enough by Briton Kolber

Post by Sameeha Ismail »

Macelo wrote: 31 Jan 2024, 10:13 I would likely hide on underground bunker used by the military if you can't outrun the virus you might as well hide
When I read the form topic I thought, Bunder down, what else is there to do! I, perhaps, would have hide as well. Glad to see we have the same idea.
One book, printed in the heart's own wax Is worth a thousand in the stacks.
Priyankan Nayak
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-priyankan-nayak.html
Latest Review: The Way of the Goddess by Ananta Ripa Ajmera

Post by Priyankan Nayak »

To survive S'orne's attack I would hide naturally. I would hide till all the infected ones die and the s'orne have been killed. I would not try to come forward and be brave in this kind of situation. Because I know I won't have any kind of suit or weapon that will save me from the sudden attack.
Carol McCoy Phelps
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: Waterworks
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 67
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-carol-mccoy-phelps.html
Latest Review: Obsidian Tomorrow by Chad Wannamaker
2024 Reading Goal: 100
2024 Goal Completion: 56%

Post by Carol McCoy Phelps »

According to the book, there are few ways to survive.

First, it is absolutely imperative to avoid contact with those who are infected with the virus. They bite, they are fast, and they are strong. Outrunning them is unlikely once the pandemonium begins. So, finding a secure place to hide might be a possible way to outlast them, since they die quickly. However, they also appear to have heightened senses and can see and hear movements. In this case, my preference would be to hide underground if possible.

Secondly, no one really knows exactly where the S’orne invasions are going to pop up. But, once they begin, they travel town-to-town until the episode dies down. If lucky enough to hear about it before they reach my town, a decision to run away or seek shelter could be made more easily.
J. Carol McCoy-Phelps
Rebecca De Figueiredo
Favorite Book: Sent to Watch
Currently Reading: Enlightenment for the Things that Really Matter
Bookshelf Size: 88
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rebecca-de-figueiredo.html
Latest Review: When Business Is Love by Jan Ryde

Post by Rebecca De Figueiredo »

I think it would depend on whom I was with. If I were with a group of soldiers or young, fit people, it might be worth defending ourselves with our strength. If I were alone, or with the elderly and children, I think we would try to find hidden shelter.
Jennifer Yöda Bishop
Currently Reading: Hans Majestäts Drake
Bookshelf Size: 903
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jennifer-y-da-bishop.html
Latest Review: AfterLife by E. Vince
2024 Reading Goal: 50
2024 Goal Completion: 4%

Post by Jennifer Yöda Bishop »

For me, it would all depend on how well equipped I was. If living in that world, there's a good chance I'd know how to use a bow and arrow (I like to hunt and that's how you hunted there). Because of that, I'd try to find a rooftop somewhere with a locked roof access and, once all the infected have died, slowly pick off the s'orne that are left.

If I didn't have one handy, then I'd try to hide it out somewhere.
But Jesus looked at them and said, “With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.” - ‭‭Matthew‬ ‭19:26‬ ‭ESV‬‬
Latest Review: AfterLife by E. Vince
Pablo Josue Mendia
Favorite Book: Terms of Service
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 68
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pablo-josue-mendia.html
Latest Review: November Ever After by Craig T. Greenlee
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
2024 Reading Goal: 250
2024 Goal Completion: 27%

Post by Pablo Josue Mendia »

My human powers will certainly be outmatched by any S'orne. My survival tactic would be to run away and hide. It would be quite hard to survive a S'orne attack without a secret bunker or powerful military building. Finding daily food will be deadly. Luckily, trusting others might be easier than in a zombie apocalypse. Perhaps I might try running away on a boat. Maybe a boat is much faster than S'orne swimmers?
Atieno Magero
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 148
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-atieno-magero.html
Latest Review: Final Act by Van Fleisher

Post by Atieno Magero »

The S'orne attack is highly infectious and violent. I would probably run away and hide somewhere where I couldn't be found.
Alissa Deann Devargas
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alissa-deann-devargas.html
Latest Review: A Long Ago place by Donna Betten

Post by Alissa Deann Devargas »

I asked myself this question when I read that part of the book. How do I survive such virus that heightens people's senses and still makes them go rabid? A virus that spreads so fast through bite or contact. I concluded that I should hide, which is the most expected outcome of most people. However, I'm glad it won't be for too long since they don't last long. Soon enough the city would be cleared of the infected ones.
Janet Kimetto
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Gone With the Wind
Bookshelf Size: 83
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-janet-kimetto.html
Latest Review: Final Notice by Van Fleisher

Post by Janet Kimetto »

If I were lucky enough not to be caught up in the middle of an attack, the best bet would be to find somewhere secure to hole up for some time. Infected humans don't last more than half a day, and I'm assuming we'd have soldiers to deal with the infected s'orne after that.
“Be wary. Be clever. Be good.”
Chockanathan G
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chockanathan-g.html
Latest Review: How to be a SuperStar Salesperson by Audri White
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 26%

Post by Chockanathan G »

I think it's not easy to escape from them but it would be better if we leave or hide in underground. If we plan to leave without spotting by enemy, we have to take weapons along with a little food and water.
Jaituni Sanghavi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 158
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jaituni-sanghavi.html
Latest Review: Living Intentionally by Viterose Van huis

Post by Jaituni Sanghavi »

My first instinct would definitely be finding a nice place to hide. I don’t think I have the ability to fight the S’orne’s. However, if hiding is not an option, I will try finding alternative options to save myself!

Return to “Discuss "The Great Migration: Book One of the S'orne Saga" by Steve Ramirez”