What themes jumped out at you?

Use this forum to discuss the January 2024 Book of the Month, "The Great Migration: Book One of the S'orne Saga" by Steve Ramirez
Forum rules
Only people who purchase and read the book can post in this forum. If you purchased the book, please upload a copy of your receipt at:

https://onlinebookclub.org/verify-purch ... ook=530813

If your purchase of a previous Book of the Month was already marked verified, you will already have access to this forum.
John-Michael Kibrick
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 7
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-john-michael-kibrick.html
Latest Review: Opaque by Calix Leigh-Reign

Icon What themes jumped out at you?

Post by John-Michael Kibrick »

I was surprised how thoroughly I enjoyed The Great Migration. Most of the time you expect sci-fi/fantasy/adventure novels to be light on meaning and focused more on keeping readers entertained, but this book did both. What jumped out at me the most was the story of Keldiari and S'orne. I was fascinated by the feeling of existential guilt that Keldiari carries with her, not only for the collapse of her own civilization, but for escaping to a world with no protection whatsoever for the S'orne fever. This struck me as a direct parallel to the guilt and despair younger generations today often feel when reading the news. The S'orne are clearly a mirror image of real-life humans, especially if we can't give up our frantic race toward a more technological future. I gave it a more in-depth review here https://storiesofyouandi.wordpress.com/ ... ok-review/ What are your thoughts on this theme and what are some others that jumped out at you?
Gerry Steen
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: The Impossible Mock Orange Trial
Bookshelf Size: 188
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gerry-steen.html
Latest Review: House of Eire by June Gillam

Post by Gerry Steen »

I have read up to page 51 so far. The themes that jumped out at me were: humble leadership and loyalty. These qualities were displayed by Luta. :techie-studyinggray:

Return to “Discuss "The Great Migration: Book One of the S'orne Saga" by Steve Ramirez”