What do you think of the AI art created by the author?

Use this forum to discuss the January 2024 Book of the Month, "The Great Migration: Book One of the S'orne Saga" by Steve Ramirez
Forum rules
Only people who purchase and read the book can post in this forum. If you purchased the book, please upload a copy of your receipt at:

https://onlinebookclub.org/verify-purch ... ook=530813

If your purchase of a previous Book of the Month was already marked verified, you will already have access to this forum.
mark liu
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: If Time Stood Still
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mark-liu.html
Latest Review: Impromptu by Reid Hoffman

Re: What do you think of the AI art created by the author?

Post by mark liu »

AI artwork is a matter that really divides us. I have no problem with it when used well and without malicious intent. That being said, the cover looks enhanced by the art and I have no issues with it.
Sean Patrick Tracy
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sean-patrick-tracy.html
Latest Review: Olympus Bound by Zoë Routh

Post by Sean Patrick Tracy »

I love the AI art. This because it provides faces to the story. I'm not concern if it's artificial looking, since the story itself is fiction I am not expecting real beings. It ok by me.
Kristin Cowan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 70
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kristin-cowan.html
Latest Review: The Aviculturist by Ann Smythe

Post by Kristin Cowan »

I like the war scenes! It’s hard to get the characters right after creating them in my head!
williams Emerald
Favorite Book: In It Together
Currently Reading: The Cackling of the Crows
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-williams-emerald.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Post by williams Emerald »

If Steve Ramirez is creating AI-generated art to accompany or represent “The Great Migration: Book One of the S’orne Saga,” that’s quite a fascinating addition. Utilizing AI art can offer a unique visual dimension that enriches the reader’s experience and expands their imagination. It’s particularly effective in sci-fi settings, where unconventional and otherworldly visuals can play a crucial role in storytelling. This integration of AI art likely enhances the book’s themes and settings, giving readers a more immersive view into the author’s envisioned world.

Return to “Discuss "The Great Migration: Book One of the S'orne Saga" by Steve Ramirez”