Is there anything that you absolutely loved or detested about the book? 

Use this forum to discuss the January 2024 Book of the Month, "The Great Migration: Book One of the S'orne Saga" by Steve Ramirez
Forum rules
Only people who purchase and read the book can post in this forum. If you purchased the book, please upload a copy of your receipt at:

https://onlinebookclub.org/verify-purch ... ook=530813

If your purchase of a previous Book of the Month was already marked verified, you will already have access to this forum.
Leona Rodrigues
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-leona-rodrigues.html
Latest Review: Play Golf Better Faster: The Classic Guide to Optimizing Your Performance and Building Your Best Fast by Kalliope Barlis
Reading Device: 1400697484

Is there anything that you absolutely loved or detested about the book? 

Post by Leona Rodrigues »

What parts of the book did you find most enjoyable or least appealing? I'm curious to hear about its strengths and weaknesses from your perspective.
Attachments
Screenshot_2024-01-17-20-59-29-998-edit_in.amazon.mShop.android.shopping.jpg
Screenshot_2024-01-17-20-59-29-998-edit_in.amazon.mShop.android.shopping.jpg (1.15 MiB) Viewed 182 times
Pablo Josue Mendia
Favorite Book: Terms of Service
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 68
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pablo-josue-mendia.html
Latest Review: November Ever After by Craig T. Greenlee
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
2024 Reading Goal: 250
2024 Goal Completion: 27%

Post by Pablo Josue Mendia »

I absolutely loved the unique storytelling and setting. The Great Migration is a refreshing science fiction novel by a new author. There was nothing that I absolutely detested about the book. I was a little distracted by the sloppy editing sometimes but it did not affect my reading experience. I would recommend the book to anybody that has not read it yet.
Shirley Ann Riddern Labzentis
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 241
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shirley-ann-riddern-labzentis.html
Latest Review: The Girls in the Hall by Tony Andras
2024 Reading Goal: 30
2024 Goal Completion: 76%

Post by Shirley Ann Riddern Labzentis »

I loved everything about this book. So much so, I immediately downloaded the next two books in the series as soon as I finished reading this one. I only hope and pray that I have time to read them.
"Life is like a box of chocolates. You never know which one you are going to get!"
Kibet Hillary
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3061
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kibet-hillary.html
Latest Review: Arc by M. E. Lange

Post by Kibet Hillary »

The story itself is unique, with introductory chapters I loved, and the successful expedition is amazing, while Princess Dorinda's development and transformation as the story progressed also impressed me, deserving a perfect rating!
“It just hurts too much to admit what is wanted so badly when there’s no guarantee of its availability.”
- Dr. Larry Crabb
Latest Review: Arc by M. E. Lange
Tijesuni Ayobami
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tijesuni-ayobami.html
Latest Review: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by Randy Miller

Post by Tijesuni Ayobami »

Loved the storyline and the setting. It was quite revealing and unique, unfortunately it was slow at first and the pacing was uneven to me before I could finally settle in to enjoy it. If I'd been impatient, I'd have missed this good find
Sean Patrick Tracy
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sean-patrick-tracy.html
Latest Review: Olympus Bound by Zoë Routh

Post by Sean Patrick Tracy »

What I love most out of other many elements I love about the book, including the plot itself, is the writing style that exudes tension and vividly depict gory scenes. I was hooked without having to reach deep into the book.
Radiant3
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: Healing Your Attachment Wounds
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 148
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-radiant3.html
Latest Review: The DrugTech Trilogy by Marcel Victor Sahade

Post by Radiant3 »

From the start of the story, I was intrigued. I loved how the book encapsulated many genres, from science fiction to adventure to action and the plot flowed seamlessly from one to the other.

I look forward to reading the other two parts.
williams Emerald
Favorite Book: In It Together
Currently Reading: Trouble Ain't Nothin' But a Word
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-williams-emerald.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Post by williams Emerald »

From my perspective, the most enjoyable parts of “The Great Migration: Book One of the S’orne Saga” are its rich world-building, complex characters, and the tension-filled narrative that keeps readers engaged. The exploration of moral dilemmas and the dynamic interplay between characters are particularly compelling.
Elijah Reuben
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-agatha-4-life.html
Latest Review: Love All the Way by Aurora Carafa

Post by Elijah Reuben »

In as much as the creativity is applaudable, I didn't like the foreign names of the characters and places. I found them difficult to recall.
What I absolutely love about this book is the storyline and the fact that it explores so many themes.

Return to “Discuss "The Great Migration: Book One of the S'orne Saga" by Steve Ramirez”