Would you consider changing your religion?

Use this forum to discuss the February 2024 Book of the Month, "Beyond the Golden Door: Seeing the American Dream Through an Immigrant's Eyes" by Ali Master
Forum rules
Only people who purchase and read the book can post in this forum. If you purchased the book, please upload a copy of your receipt at:

https://onlinebookclub.org/verify-purch ... ook=402948

If your purchase of a previous Book of the Month was already marked verified, you will already have access to this forum.
Samina Moiyadi
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Unlight
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 86
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samina-moiyadi.html
Latest Review: Not Fishy Enough by Briton Kolber

Re: Would you consider changing your religion?

Post by Samina Moiyadi »

Every religion follows the same principles to turn its followers into good human beings. It is the superstitious stuff and orthodox mindset of people that make the faith unbearable for me. Since these things can be found in all religions of the world, there is no point in changing the religion.
Loretta Morris 1
Currently Reading: First Survivor
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-loretta-morris-1.html
Latest Review: Fireproof Happiness by Dr. Randy Ross
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
2024 Reading Goal: 25
2024 Goal Completion: 44%

Post by Loretta Morris 1 »

Yes I would consider changing my religion if I were not a Christian today. Most people believe there is a higher power, and you must be confident in your beliefs.
Jenna Padayachee
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: The Unfakeable Code®
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jenna-padayachee.html
Latest Review: Fireproof Happiness by Dr. Randy Ross
Signature Addition: Jenna Padayachee

Post by Jenna Padayachee »

I was born Christian and practiced Christianity most of my life.
My grandparents practiced Hindu and Tamil rituals.
My cousins were Muslims and as I grew up I became fascinated learning about other cultures and religions ( despite there being a lack of tolerance from most to each other in General).

I got married Islamically and still remain married 17 years later with respect and tolerance for all religions and cultures.

I prefer to refer to my path as spirituality now and not a religion. I pray with my husband and daughter, I honor and love my ancestors and my Christian Dad who passed on through the authentic expression of my life experience, I believe in my heart that this truthful expression is an honor to all Divine.

I occasionally practice yoga, I enjoy meditation and martial arts, and lately a lot of Qi Qong ( which weaves the fabric of vitality and serenity to my 24-hour gifted day).

My experiences explorations and tolerance towards religion have often been misunderstood and I have grown to accept that my experience of spirituality is a personal journey, I am glad when I connect with individuals who share the core belief that we are all part of creation and the Divine love and wisdom which connects the human race. I have learned not to entertain conversations that are intended at purposefully disrespecting and slandering my life choices. I know what is my experience and this no longer requires anyone's validation.
The only objective is to focus on strengthening and nourishing my true being so that my light may naturally lead those who temporarily need such light to aid their own individual flames(i.e. until we all eventually return to the Eternal One).

I choose to focus on the similarities in the variety of scriptures and beliefs that universally connect us in creation throughout our journey on earth and into the ultimate path of elevated consciousness.
"Mastering others is strength; mastering yourself is true power." Lao Tzu
Jenna Padayachee
Sushan Ekanayake
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: Uplifting The Pain of Behavioral and Learning Styles Through Poetry Now
Bookshelf Size: 408
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sushan-ekanayake.html
Latest Review: Unsettled Disruption by Juana Catalina Rodriguez
Reading Device: B0794JC2K5

Post by Sushan Ekanayake »

I am a Buddhist, deeply engaged in exploring the philosophical aspects of my religion while setting aside the mythical and superstitious elements. So far, I have not encountered another religion with such profound philosophical depth. Should I discover one that meets this criterion, I am open to altering my belief system. However, I view changing religions as a legal or administrative act, which holds no intrinsic value for me.
We all need people who will give us feedback. That’s how we improve.

- Bill Gates -

:lire4: $u$han €kanayak€ :text-feedback:
Sarah Zain
Favorite Book: Wutheing heights
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 67
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarah-zain.html
Latest Review: EMA by Aian D. Grey

Post by Sarah Zain »

My religion and belief are firmly rooted in my heart. However, I respect and appreciate other religions. There are differences between religions, but there are also principles that are common to all.
Life is hard on its own so let's make it easier for each other if we could.
Latest Review: EMA by Aian D. Grey
Seval Duygu Ozler
Currently Reading: Anatomy of Revenge
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-seval-duygu-ozler.html
Latest Review: Catch a Falling Star by Keith Julius
2024 Reading Goal: 100
2024 Goal Completion: 22%

Post by Seval Duygu Ozler »

We live in a century where the phenomenon of religion is constantly changing. Questions about the religion we believe in never stop. The debate on religion will never end, as it has always existed from past to present. I can change to another religion and belief when it is more suitable for my view of life and logic.
Risper Ouma Lisa Anyango
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-risper-ouma-lisa-anyango.html
Latest Review: Telling Your Story, Developing Your Brand by Henry Wong

Post by Risper Ouma Lisa Anyango »

Absolutely not, I love my religion and wouldn't change it for any reason even though it was because of a spouse.
Sunday N Florence
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sunday-n-florence.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by Sunday N Florence »

I'm a strong Christian,yet I remain open to learning about other religions and beliefs. However, I do not envision changing my current religion.
Lisa P Cowling
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lisa-p-cowling.html
Latest Review: The one that kills you by Rick Rothermel

Post by Lisa P Cowling »

I do not have a specific religion at the moment. Therefore, I am open to change if I am convinced to believe in a religion at any point. It may not pose that much of a struggle if I truly find a reason to believe.
Mayengbam Atulananda Singh
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mayengbam-atulananda-singh.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings

Post by Mayengbam Atulananda Singh »

Short answer: No. Though I'm interested in learning more about other beliefs, I have never thought about changing my religion and I doubt ever will. Although, there are times when I question my own religion. I'd prefer not to adhere to any specific religion rather than changing my current one.
Ruka N
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 70
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ruka-n.html
Latest Review: Tropical Scandal by David Myles Robinson

Post by Ruka N »

No, it took me years of thinking over why i should follow my religion. I didn’t base my choice on solely because I was born into it or whether my parents would be disappointed in me if I denounce it. I also think it aligns more closely to my values than other religions.
Ruka N
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 70
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ruka-n.html
Latest Review: Tropical Scandal by David Myles Robinson

Post by Ruka N »

Sarah Zain wrote: 29 Mar 2024, 12:54 My religion and belief are firmly rooted in my heart. However, I respect and appreciate other religions. There are differences between religions, but there are also principles that are common to all.
Yes, this is very true.
Cristiano Bellucci
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cristiano-bellucci.html
Latest Review: The Successful Business Startup Action Guide by Husam S. AlSaleh
2024 Reading Goal: 5
2024 Goal Completion: 440%

Post by Cristiano Bellucci »

Our religion is deep into us. We probably need something massive and extraordinary to change something so important for us.
Book allow you to fully explore a topic and immerse yourself in a deeper way than most media today. Mark Zuckerberg.
Miriam Ratemo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30

Post by Miriam Ratemo »

So for me that would be more of a would I start following any religion. Which obviously is much easier decision. Yet I am not sure I could commit to any. Probably if some life changing event happened to me that would convince me
Ika Apro
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 54
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ika-apro.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by Ika Apro »

I have read many books about people changing or standing up for their religions and I was always amazed by their patience and power. I was always frightened by the subject, but now I am so sure in my religion, I don't think I'd even change it.

Return to “Discuss "Beyond the Golden Door: Seeing the American Dream Through an Immigrant's Eyes" by Ali Master”