Would you consider changing your religion?

Use this forum to discuss the February 2024 Book of the Month, "Beyond the Golden Door: Seeing the American Dream Through an Immigrant's Eyes" by Ali Master
Forum rules
Only people who purchase and read the book can post in this forum. If you purchased the book, please upload a copy of your receipt at:

https://onlinebookclub.org/verify-purch ... ook=402948

If your purchase of a previous Book of the Month was already marked verified, you will already have access to this forum.
Aditii Mehta
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aditii-mehta.html
Latest Review: Unyielding Destiny by Spiros Gratsias (author of Unyielding Destiny)

Re: Would you consider changing your religion?

Post by Aditii Mehta »

I am always intrigued by different religions and their beliefs. But, I will never consider myself changing my religion. Every religion has its importance and is a complete guide to live life. I trust my beliefs and we all should respect each other's too.
Daberechi Precious
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-daberechi-precious.html
Latest Review: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by Randy Miller

Post by Daberechi Precious »

I would never consider changing my religion because I strongly believe in whom I serve.
Ganeefa Karan
Currently Reading: The In-Between
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ganeefa-karan.html
Latest Review: Saving KC by Grinnell Desjarlais

Post by Ganeefa Karan »

We are taught many things from a young age, and sometimes we grow up with beliefs that are deeply engraved within us; however, there comes a time in one's life where you have to use your own intellect to dissect what rings true, and I've reached that stage in my life where I can 100% say that I have found the clear and true path, so there's absolutely no way I could give up something that is clear for something that is doubtful.
Miracle Kingss
Currently Reading: EMA
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-miracle-kingss.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Code® by Tony Jeton Selimi

Post by Miracle Kingss »

No, I wouldn't. I am not merely proclaiming myself a Christian because I was born into a Christian home, I am a true believer . I have personally experienced God's awesomeness and I am a living testimony of his grace and mercy, so I would never waver in my faith.
Naushin Moledina
Favorite Book: The Canterville Ghost
Currently Reading: Boundaries
Bookshelf Size: 67
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-naushin-moledina.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 20%

Post by Naushin Moledina »

Exploring other religions and knowing their beliefs is a different thing, but changing a religion will never be for me. I don't think I will ever think about changing my religion.
To hate is an easy lazy thing, but to love takes strength everyone has, but not all are willing to practice
Onyinyechi Obi
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-onyinyechi-obi.html
Latest Review: Papi, Por Favor! by Rossana Snee

Post by Onyinyechi Obi »

My religion and belief are firmly rooted in my heart. However, I respect and appreciate other religions. There are differences between religions, but there are also principles that are common to all.
Miriam Ratemo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 67
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-miriam-ratemo.html
Latest Review: Of Zots and Xoodles by Zarqnon the Embarrassed

Post by Miriam Ratemo »

:tiphat: I'm always interested in learning about different religions and beliefs. Exploring other perspectives can be enriching and help me understand the world better. However, my current faith holds deep meaning for me, so while I'm open to learning, I don't foresee changing it.
However, here's an alternative question to consider: Would Ali have reached the stage of altering his religion if he hadn't encountered Judy?
Kelvin Suraj
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18

Post by Kelvin Suraj »

I don't see anything changing my religion. In fact my religion is the pillar of my life so I don't think I can ever change it.
Ludovica Peruzzi
Currently Reading: Blockhead
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ludovica-peruzzi.html
Latest Review: Fireproof Happiness by Dr. Randy Ross

Post by Ludovica Peruzzi »

I'm open to all religions and I definitely do borrow beliefs from different creeds - I don't follow everything my religion says to the letter. However, changing my religion officially would be unthinkable, as it's culturally steeped in my country and in my family. I'm not sure I'd even want to, though I still like learning more about other religions and how they see the world.
Ouko Okach
Currently Reading:

Post by Ouko Okach »

Exploring other perspectives can be enriching and help me understand the world better. However, my current faith holds deep meaning for me, so while I'm open to learning, I don't foresee changing it.For religious people to change, that seems like an unlikely thing but I can see it when the person grows up within religion and follows it just because parents do and later they find their own belief as an adult.
Stephen Somto E
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stephen-somto-e.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Code® by Tony Jeton Selimi

Post by Stephen Somto E »

I really won’t consider changing my religion. At this point, I am forever indebted to try religion, it gave me everything.
Osakwe Favour
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 63
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-osakwe-favour.html
Latest Review: The Legacy of Job's Wife by Cynthia Koelker

Post by Osakwe Favour »

I don't think I see myself changing my religion anytime soon because I have a strong belief in it. However, I would still love to learn how other people's religion works.
Sameeha Ismail
Currently Reading: Jane Austen at Home
Bookshelf Size: 232
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sameeha-ismail.html
Latest Review: Not Fishy Enough by Briton Kolber

Post by Sameeha Ismail »

It will destroy me to change my religion. It's a part of me. My identity. So, no, I don't think I will ever change my religion.
One book, printed in the heart's own wax Is worth a thousand in the stacks.

Return to “Discuss "Beyond the Golden Door: Seeing the American Dream Through an Immigrant's Eyes" by Ali Master”