From the five freedoms listed, which one are you most proud of? Why?

Use this forum to discuss the February 2024 Book of the Month, "Beyond the Golden Door: Seeing the American Dream Through an Immigrant's Eyes" by Ali Master
Forum rules
Only people who purchase and read the book can post in this forum. If you purchased the book, please upload a copy of your receipt at:

https://onlinebookclub.org/verify-purch ... ook=402948

If your purchase of a previous Book of the Month was already marked verified, you will already have access to this forum.
Chris Alex Powell
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 80
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chris-alex-powell.html
Latest Review: Machine Guns & Typewriters by Robert W. Wallace

Re: From the five freedoms listed, which one are you most proud of? Why?

Post by Chris Alex Powell »

I particularly like the freedom to fail. It showed me that failure isn't the end of the world. When one fails, all he/she has to do is to stand and strive for success. I think this is a great book and I recommend it to you adults.
Success Azuka
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-success-azuka.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Post by Success Azuka »

From the five freedom, the freedom to fail was so real. It shows no pressure should be mete on individuals if things doesn't go as planned. The minors need to know as well.
Kevin Kipngeno
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kevin-kipngeno.html
Latest Review: Play Golf Better Faster: The Little Golf Bag Book by Kalliope Barlis

Post by Kevin Kipngeno »

I am proud of the freedom to build. When it reaches a point in a country where anyone, including immigrants, has the freedom to develop their entrepreneurial skills, it is a great step. I believe each one of us has different skills, and together we can improve the economies of our countries.
Julius Peters
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-julius-peters.html
Latest Review: Nightlord: Sunset by Garon Whited

Post by Julius Peters »

In discussing "Beyond the Golden Door: Seeing the American Dream Through an Immigrant's Eyes" by Ali Master, choosing the most impactful freedom among the five freedoms listed in the book might vary based on personal values and experiences. For me, freedom of religion stands out as particularly significant.

Freedom of religion is a foundational aspect of the American Dream, allowing individuals to practice their faith without fear of persecution. This freedom is especially poignant for immigrants like Ali Master, who might come from countries where religious persecution is prevalent. The ability to freely express and practice one's beliefs not only provides a sense of security and acceptance but also fosters a diverse and tolerant society.

This freedom is integral to America's identity and is something to be proud of because it highlights the nation's commitment to upholding individual rights and respecting diverse backgrounds. It enables people from various religious and cultural contexts to coexist and contribute to a rich, multifaceted community, which is a cornerstone of the American Dream.
Adaolisa Okoye
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-adaolisa-okoye.html
Latest Review: In It Together by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes

Post by Adaolisa Okoye »

Freedom to fail because success and failure are quite intertwined. Success can equally be birthed from failure through continuous hard work backed with determination. When this knowledge is very much accessible, people won't find it difficult to make decisions or start something new.
R Chinaza Onwuka
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Banished
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-r-chinaza-onwuka.html
Latest Review: My Trip To Adele by R.I.Alyaseer and A. I Alyaseer

Post by R Chinaza Onwuka »

I will go for freedom to love. This is because even when we fail we need love from people dear to us to try again. Most times people fail over and over again and never give up because of a single person that believes in them.
rajesh kumar jain
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rajesh-kumar-jain.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by rajesh kumar jain »

I also agree. The freedom to fail tops the list for me, It is something I'm proud of.
Scott Hughess
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-scott-hughess.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings

Post by Scott Hughess »

The freedom to fail is the one that I believe the most. Everyone should be free to fail as it helps to build character.
David Samanthaa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-david-samanthaa.html
Latest Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

Post by David Samanthaa »

I agree that the freedom to fail is important, but I have been taught so strongly that failure is bad that I don't take advantage of that freedom. Success and failure are often beyond our control. However, we can learn from failure and gain valuable lessons from it.

Return to “Discuss "Beyond the Golden Door: Seeing the American Dream Through an Immigrant's Eyes" by Ali Master”