Do you think the book is more suitable to Christians only or to all religious backgrounds?

Use this forum to discuss the February 2024 Book of the Month, "Beyond the Golden Door: Seeing the American Dream Through an Immigrant's Eyes" by Ali Master
Forum rules
Only people who purchase and read the book can post in this forum. If you purchased the book, please upload a copy of your receipt at:

https://onlinebookclub.org/verify-purch ... ook=402948

If your purchase of a previous Book of the Month was already marked verified, you will already have access to this forum.
David Samanthaa
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-david-samanthaa.html
Latest Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

Re: Do you think the book is more suitable to Christians only or to all religious backgrounds?

Post by David Samanthaa »

No, I think everyone despite your religion can read this book because it doesn't just talk about master's Christain faith but also all other things he experienced as an immigrant living in America.
Krebs Karen
Currently Reading: The Fish House
Bookshelf Size: 83
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-krebs-karen.html
Latest Review: Creative Destruction by Alastair Bowman

Post by Krebs Karen »

I love how the writer was very open about changing his religion despite backlash from other religions. And I still believe this book would be suitable for everyone including Christians and non-Christians since that's a part of the plot and not what this whole book entails.
Kevin Kipngeno
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kevin-kipngeno.html
Latest Review: Play Golf Better Faster: The Little Golf Bag Book by Kalliope Barlis

Post by Kevin Kipngeno »

I feel the book is more suitable for Christians. The fact that Ali Master shifted from The Muslim religion to Christianity may not go well with those still embracing the Muslim religion. Some comparisons made between Muslims and Christianity may also make some people from the Muslim religion feel that their own is being viewed as the wrong religion. I therefore recommend it to Christians.
Elizabeth-Tush4Christ
Favorite Book: The Magician's Secret
Currently Reading: Secrets of the Kashmir Valley
Bookshelf Size: 81
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elizabeth-tush4christ.html
Latest Review: Fireproof Happiness by Dr. Randy Ross
2024 Reading Goal: 30
2024 Goal Completion: 70%

Post by Elizabeth-Tush4Christ »

While Ali talks extensively about his conversion and life as a Christian, the book encompasses themes that everyone can learn from. It begins with an overview of Ali's life, detailing his journey through education, marriage, and a successful career where he achieved multiple promotions despite numerous challenges. By sharing these experiences, the book offers insights that can resonate with readers from various religious backgrounds, making it a valuable and relatable read for all.

Ali's story provides a deep dive into his personal growth and the transformation he experienced through his faith. However, it also highlights universal themes such as perseverance, professional dedication, and the pursuit of personal excellence. This makes the book appealing not only to those interested in spiritual journeys but also to readers looking for inspiration in overcoming life's obstacles. The narrative demonstrates that regardless of one’s background, there are lessons to be gleaned from Ali's experiences, encouraging readers to reflect on their paths and growth.
That I may know Him :arrow: Philippians 3:10
Uma gupta
Currently Reading: Broken Faith
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-uma-gupta.html
Latest Review: ARKO by U.W. Leo
2024 Reading Goal: 100
2024 Goal Completion: 38%

Post by Uma gupta »

Despite its Christian themes, the book offers universal insights into personal transformation and spirituality, making it valuable for readers of all backgrounds interested in exploring identity, purpose, and faith.
Latest Review: ARKO by U.W. Leo

Return to “Discuss "Beyond the Golden Door: Seeing the American Dream Through an Immigrant's Eyes" by Ali Master”