Overall rating and opinion of "Beyond the Golden Door: Seeing the American Dream Through an Immigrant's Eyes" by Ali Mas

Use this forum to discuss the February 2024 Book of the Month, "Beyond the Golden Door: Seeing the American Dream Through an Immigrant's Eyes" by Ali Master
Forum rules
Only people who purchase and read the book can post in this forum. If you purchased the book, please upload a copy of your receipt at:

https://onlinebookclub.org/verify-purch ... ook=402948

If your purchase of a previous Book of the Month was already marked verified, you will already have access to this forum.
Lisa P Cowling
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lisa-p-cowling.html
Latest Review: The one that kills you by Rick Rothermel

Re: Overall rating and opinion of "Beyond the Golden Door: Seeing the American Dream Through an Immigrant's Eyes" by Ali

Post by Lisa P Cowling »

The book receives a perfect rating from me. Looking closely at the cover of the book, it portrays the book's title excellently. The book had an amazing delivery and there was nothing to dislike about it.
Chidera Ezeakolam
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chidera-ezeakolam.html
Latest Review: Play Golf Better Faster: The Classic Guide to Optimizing Your Performance and Building Your Best Fast by Kalliope Barlis

Post by Chidera Ezeakolam »

Overall, "Beyond the Golden Door" by Ali Master is a compelling and highly recommended read, unique for its portrayal of the immigrant experience and the pursuit of dreams in America.
Sunday N Florence
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sunday-n-florence.html
Latest Review: Soul Seeker by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Sunday N Florence »

I rate the book five out of five stars. It's a compelling read that sheds light on the migration experience, and I believe many people will find value in the author's story. His journey offers valuable insights into how life unfolds in the face of challenges and transitions.
Aurora Benjamin
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 9
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aurora-benjamin.html
Latest Review: Nightlord: Sunset by Garon Whited

Post by Aurora Benjamin »

Book deserves five stars: Great read about migration. Author's story beneficial to many, reveals life outcomes.
Mark Maxwell 2
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mark-maxwell-2.html
Latest Review: The Boy who Lived with Ghosts by John Mitchell

Post by Mark Maxwell 2 »

The book delves into the multifaceted concept of freedom, exploring it from various perspectives. Through a compelling narrative, it offers a fresh take on the American Dream and the immigrant experience, shedding light on the significance and value of freedom in these contexts.
Elizabeth-Tush4Christ
Currently Reading: In It Together
Bookshelf Size: 68
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elizabeth-tush4christ.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer
2024 Reading Goal: 30
2024 Goal Completion: 40%

Post by Elizabeth-Tush4Christ »

I like that the book shares human values and helps other immigrants visualize what to expect in America. It talks about religion and shares the author's experience of life. deserves a 5 star
Amanda Kenneth
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amanda-kenneth.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by Amanda Kenneth »

I give this book a perfect rating of five stars because it beautifully explores the theme of migration, offering valuable insights into the author's journey that many readers will find beneficial. It provides a unique perspective on the American Dream and the immigrant experience, delving into the meaning and significance of freedom from various perspectives throughout the story.
Miriam Ratemo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 67
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-miriam-ratemo.html
Latest Review: Speedy Hurled Through Havoc by Dave Letterfly Knoderer

Post by Miriam Ratemo »

I rate this book 5/5. It gives a different perspective on how some Muslims see America. Most of the time, we are given the impression that all Muslims hate America. Ali gives us a different story.
Ika Apro
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 54
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ika-apro.html
Latest Review: Always Losing Something by Max Green

Post by Ika Apro »

For me it was very interesting getting an immigrant's point of view on the events, especially when Ali was from such a different culture. His culture is close to mine and I remembered my dream of going to the US. It was valuable story for me.
Daberechi Precious
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-daberechi-precious.html
Latest Review: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by Randy Miller

Post by Daberechi Precious »

The book teaches us about freedom, value and so much. I gave this book a 5 out of 5 stars and it deserves it.
Chinemezu Okafor
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 67
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chinemezu-okafor.html
Latest Review: Joy in the Valley by Alex D. Scottlynn

Post by Chinemezu Okafor »

Following the author's journey helped me get a new perspective to certain issues. I realized that not all muslims dislike the United States. Also, Ali Master mirrored his experienced in this book. Overall, it turned out to be a great read and I would rate it 5 out of 5.
Silvia Orenge
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12

Post by Silvia Orenge »

I share the author's opinion that all Muslims do not hate US. This book will serve as an inspiration to understand that America is not about ethnicity, religion or color of your skin but it's a state of mind. This book will serve as a motivation to new immigrant's to change and express their perspective
Kelvin Suraj
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:

Post by Kelvin Suraj »

I would give this book a perfect rating. I didn't dislike anything in this book.
Ouko Okach
Currently Reading:

Post by Ouko Okach »

The meaning and worth of freedom are examined from several angles throughout the book. It contains a moving tale that presents an original viewpoint on the American Dream and the experience of immigration.They will get to see how things turned out in the author's life.
Beatrice Mwangi 8
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13

Post by Beatrice Mwangi 8 »

Based on my understanding of this memoir and how to i loved it even reading it thrice...i will rate it a 5 out of 5 stars without any deduction

Return to “Discuss "Beyond the Golden Door: Seeing the American Dream Through an Immigrant's Eyes" by Ali Master”