What did you think of the cover of this book?

Use this forum to discuss the February 2024 Book of the Month, "Beyond the Golden Door: Seeing the American Dream Through an Immigrant's Eyes" by Ali Master
Forum rules
Only people who purchase and read the book can post in this forum. If you purchased the book, please upload a copy of your receipt at:

https://onlinebookclub.org/verify-purch ... ook=402948

If your purchase of a previous Book of the Month was already marked verified, you will already have access to this forum.
Lauren Victoria
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lauren-victoria.html
Latest Review: One If by Carol B Allen
2024 Reading Goal: 100
2024 Goal Completion: 12%

Re: What did you think of the cover of this book?

Post by Lauren Victoria »

I really like the perspective of this book cover. The idea of the glasses and looking through multiple viewpoints was well thought out and clever in how they put the different flags in each lense.
Silvia Orenge
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12

Post by Silvia Orenge »

I believe that if you look closely, the book cover holds a deeper significance. The glasses with various flags on the lenses suggest the viewpoint of someone who has experienced different cultures and perspectives, and can provide their unique narrative as a result.
BRIGID Wandera
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-brigid-wandera.html
Latest Review: Zonas de quema by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by BRIGID Wandera »

I believe that if you look closely, the book cover holds a deeper significance. The glasses with various flags on the lenses suggest the viewpoint of someone who has experienced different cultures and perspectives, and can provide their unique narrative as a result.
Ohmy Book
Currently Reading: You Can Heal Your Life
Bookshelf Size: 72
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ohmy-book.html
Latest Review: Alpha Buddies Land by Donna Marie Rink

Post by Ohmy Book »

I like the cover. I like the colours on it. It gives an idea what the book is about, which makes it a good cover. It is simple and not too harsh on the eyes. The glasses might represent perspective which is interesting.
Ludovica Peruzzi
Currently Reading: Blockhead
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ludovica-peruzzi.html
Latest Review: Fireproof Happiness by Dr. Randy Ross

Post by Ludovica Peruzzi »

The book cover I see on my country's Amazon is different from the one everyone else seems to be talking about, which explains my initial confusion at these replies. The cover I see is pretty straightorward and intuitive - just a golden door opening on the Statue of Liberty. I'd dare say it's almost *too* on the nose, but as far as I can tell, pretty fitting for this book.
Ouko Okach
Currently Reading:

Post by Ouko Okach »

The lenses in the glasses reflect the two flags representing the two countries. The color scheme works with the symbolism of seeing the American dream through the immigrant's eyes. I get it but I won't write home to Mom about it.
Austin Rhodes
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-austin-rhodes.html
Latest Review: The Transcendental Tangle: Untying the Enigmatic Knots of the Infinite by Matthew Emmanuel Weinberg

Post by Austin Rhodes »

Ali Master did a good job with the book cover. It also gives an idea of the content of the book. The US flag being on one part of the lens and the Pakistan flag being on the other part of the lens.
Beatrice Mwangi 8
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20

Post by Beatrice Mwangi 8 »

I believe the cover page just reflects the entire book and all the excipactations someone might have about this book.. The author did excellent job on it

Return to “Discuss "Beyond the Golden Door: Seeing the American Dream Through an Immigrant's Eyes" by Ali Master”