Did this book meet your expectations?

Use this forum to discuss the February 2024 Book of the Month, "Beyond the Golden Door: Seeing the American Dream Through an Immigrant's Eyes" by Ali Master
Forum rules
Only people who purchase and read the book can post in this forum. If you purchased the book, please upload a copy of your receipt at:

https://onlinebookclub.org/verify-purch ... ook=402948

If your purchase of a previous Book of the Month was already marked verified, you will already have access to this forum.
Ouko Okach
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18

Re: Did this book meet your expectations?

Post by Ouko Okach »

I didn't finish reading the book, but I love it. It is more than I expected, it is the author's story but it is also the story of so many. I can relate to some of the challenges, expectations, and culture shock.
Stephen Somto E
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stephen-somto-e.html
Latest Review: 480 Codorus Street by Sandra L. Kearse-Stockton

Post by Stephen Somto E »

Yes. The book meet my expectations, The story in the book is so tremendous and quit important. I really enjoyed the highs and lows.
Ashley Hodgins
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 7
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ashley-hodgins.html
Latest Review: Beyond the Golden Door by Ali Master

Post by Ashley Hodgins »

This book exceeded my expectations! It is not the typical type of book I would choose, which is why I chose it, I'm trying to diversify my bookshelves. When I started reading it I couldn't stop. I read the book in 1.5 days and found it very engaging.
Somto Nwachukwu 1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14

Post by Somto Nwachukwu 1 »

Fair enough! In short, the book probably even surpassed my expectations with its captivating narrative and thought-provoking themes.

Return to “Discuss "Beyond the Golden Door: Seeing the American Dream Through an Immigrant's Eyes" by Ali Master”