Do you think the book is more suitable to Christians only or to all religious backgrounds?

Use this forum to discuss the February 2024 Book of the Month, "Beyond the Golden Door: Seeing the American Dream Through an Immigrant's Eyes" by Ali Master
Forum rules
Only people who purchase and read the book can post in this forum. If you purchased the book, please upload a copy of your receipt at:

https://onlinebookclub.org/verify-purch ... ook=402948

If your purchase of a previous Book of the Month was already marked verified, you will already have access to this forum.
Elizabeth-Tush4Christ
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: In It Together
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elizabeth-tush4christ.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer
2024 Reading Goal: 30
2024 Goal Completion: 40%

Re: Do you think the book is more suitable to Christians only or to all religious backgrounds?

Post by Elizabeth-Tush4Christ »

This book is generally suited for everyone, the team contains values to learn whether you're a religious person or not, there is a piece for everyone.
Amanda Kenneth
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amanda-kenneth.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by Amanda Kenneth »

I feel the book is equally suitable for all other religions
Miriam Ratemo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 67
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-miriam-ratemo.html
Latest Review: Speedy Hurled Through Havoc by Dave Letterfly Knoderer

Post by Miriam Ratemo »

"The Master's candid description of his conversion to Christianity in Texas and his subsequent love for Christ may lead some to believe that the book is primarily intended for Christian readers. However, it is important to consider that a book's readership should not be exclusively determined by religion.

While the theme of Christianity may hold significant relevance and resonance for Christian readers, the book can still offer valuable insights and perspectives to readers of diverse backgrounds and beliefs. The Master's personal journey and his exploration of faith can serve as a catalyst for introspection, regardless of one's religious affiliation.

The themes of personal transformation, spiritual growth, and the search for meaning are universal, transcending specific religious contexts. By delving into broader human experiences, the book has the potential to resonate with readers who are interested in exploring themes of identity, purpose, and the complexities of faith.
Ika Apro
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 54
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ika-apro.html
Latest Review: Always Losing Something by Max Green

Post by Ika Apro »

I think the book is suitable to people of all religious beliefs. Ali shares his journey with us and I think it would be interesting to everyone how he came to such beliefs and what played the biggest part in the process.
Daberechi Precious
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-daberechi-precious.html
Latest Review: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by Randy Miller

Post by Daberechi Precious »

For me, the story was ont bent on religion only, it's just a general overview for everyone.
Silvia Orenge
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12

Post by Silvia Orenge »

While the book might hold specific interest for Christian readers due to the author's religious background and experiences, its themes and narrative should not limit its audience. Readers of various faiths, as well as those interested in immigration, self-discovery, and the American Dream, can find value and meaning within its pages.
Kelvin Suraj
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18

Post by Kelvin Suraj »

The story doesn't focus mainly on religion so this will be a good and normal read to everyone irrespective of their religion.
Raymonda Onwuka 1
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-raymonda-onwuka-1.html
Latest Review: Butterfly Awakens by Meg Nocero

Post by Raymonda Onwuka 1 »

I feel like Christians will find it more relatable bit then I think it is suitable for everyone. People of other religious background can still get immerse value from this book .
Ouko Okach
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18

Post by Ouko Okach »

its themes and narrative should not limit its audience. Readers of various faiths, as well as those interested in immigration, self-discovery, and the American Dream, can find value and meaning within its pages
Mayengbam Atulananda Singh
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mayengbam-atulananda-singh.html
Latest Review: The House on Tyner by Matthew O’Connell

Post by Mayengbam Atulananda Singh »

The American Dream is a universal aspiration, irrespective of religion. So, I'm confident individuals from all religious backgrounds will find value in the book.
Loretta Morris 1
Currently Reading: SandPeople
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-loretta-morris-1.html
Latest Review: Enlightenment for the Things that Really Matter by Mark Gumbrell
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
2024 Reading Goal: 25
2024 Goal Completion: 48%

Post by Loretta Morris 1 »

Hi!

I believe the book "Beyond the Golden Door" is suitable for all religious background. This book is well-written and has learning lessons for everyone. The book was informative, and when it comes to sharing knowledge, not one person should be limited.
Beatrice Mwangi 8
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17

Post by Beatrice Mwangi 8 »

I think this is someone's understanding on where the book might be based on but for me i just feel anyone can read this book as much as I want to do
Osakwe Favour
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 63
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-osakwe-favour.html
Latest Review: The Legacy of Job's Wife by Cynthia Koelker

Post by Osakwe Favour »

The book might contain some Christian topics but I still think everyone should read this book despite their religious beliefs.

Return to “Discuss "Beyond the Golden Door: Seeing the American Dream Through an Immigrant's Eyes" by Ali Master”