Would you consider changing your religion?

Use this forum to discuss the February 2024 Book of the Month, "Beyond the Golden Door: Seeing the American Dream Through an Immigrant's Eyes" by Ali Master
Forum rules
Only people who purchase and read the book can post in this forum. If you purchased the book, please upload a copy of your receipt at:

https://onlinebookclub.org/verify-purch ... ook=402948

If your purchase of a previous Book of the Month was already marked verified, you will already have access to this forum.
Ramadevi Tatavarthi
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 95
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ramadevi-tatavarthi.html
Latest Review: The Illusion of Superiority by Christopher Joseph

Re: Would you consider changing your religion?

Post by Ramadevi Tatavarthi »

No, I wouldn't consider changing my religion. I have a lot of faith in my religion, and the values associated with it are very strong. I would definitely explore various faiths of other religions, but I will never change my religion.
Priyankan Nayak
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-priyankan-nayak.html
Latest Review: The Way of the Goddess by Ananta Ripa Ajmera

Post by Priyankan Nayak »

Right now I am not considering changing my religion. But I am not against anybody or any person practising a different religion. I will always respect other religions.
I still have a long way to go as I haven't yet completely known or researched about my religion.
Clauson Justin
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 62
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-clauson-justin.html
Latest Review: You Own Me by Susan Shumaker

Post by Clauson Justin »

I don't think I will ever consider changing my religion. I was born a Christian and I personally belief that I have felt God's presence in my life. I have very strong faith in my present religion and I don't think it is easy to change something like that.
Dalia Chf
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 80
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dalia-chf.html
Latest Review: Infinity by Catalina DuBois

Post by Dalia Chf »

As a daughter of immigrants who grew up learning one religion while living in a country with a different religion, I can definitely say that it is not easy to be different from everyone else. But I would never change my religion. I think this comes down to how parents teach religion, and my parents were great at it, they made me love it so much I'm going to defend it till the day I die!
Angus Zonny
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-angus-zonny.html
Latest Review: Roan by E. R. Barr

Post by Angus Zonny »

No, I will not consider changing my religion. It is very good and I love my God dearly. I love my religion and faith.
Latest Review: Roan by E. R. Barr
Malleswararao Dasari
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 54
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-malleswararao-dasari.html
Latest Review: Spirituality In Practice by Dr. Krishnamoorthy (Subbu) Subramanian

Post by Malleswararao Dasari »

No, I would never consider changing my religion because I have strong faith in my religion and its customs. My religion teaches all the values that a human should possess in order to be a ideal human being.
Alice Fu
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: What Every Teen Should Know About Money, Accumulating Wealth and Becoming a Millionaire
Bookshelf Size: 100
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alice-fu.html
Latest Review: The Caroler by Liza Martini

Post by Alice Fu »

The idea of changing my relationship is a highly probable event because while I have a general stable core belief, I find that I am learning new things and further discovering elements of myself everyday, so you just never know.
Kristine Mariel Diaz
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 247
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kristine-mariel-diaz.html
Latest Review: 30th Century: Escape (General Audience Edition) by Mark Kingston Levin PhD

Post by Kristine Mariel Diaz »

I was raised in a Catholic home, attended a Catholic school, and received all the sacraments required to be received by my church as an adult.
But as I grew older and could clearly see the types of people who controlled the church, especially after I began studying the Bible on my own, I came to the realization that none of that made sense. I gradually left the religion and came to terms with the fact that I had to take responsibility for my own life and become the best version of myself.
Michelle Chafins
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Caroline Peckham
Currently Reading: Zodiac Academy
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-michelle-chafins.html
Latest Review: Fireproof Happiness by Dr. Randy Ross
fav_author_id: 46995
2024 Reading Goal: 30
2024 Goal Completion: 43%

Post by Michelle Chafins »

I like to explore different beliefs and religions but it's just to gain an understanding out of curiosity. I would never change my religion, I've been a Christian all my life. I'm not prejudiced, to each their own, but I could never go against my faith.
Joy Wendy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joy-wendy.html
Latest Review: Then Comes The Flood by John Payne

Post by Joy Wendy »

With the way I was brought up in my religion. I don't think I would ever have a thought of changing my religion. Changing religion would seem like a crime to me. So, in my opinion I don't think so.
Jennifer Coxon
Currently Reading: Cancer, Faith & Butterflies
Bookshelf Size: 65
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jennifer-coxon.html
Latest Review: Love Letters to the Virgin Mary by David Richards
2024 Reading Goal: 15
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Post by Jennifer Coxon »

I have become much more interested in learning more about religion of late, including my own religion. I knew there were similarities between some religions, but I hadn't realised how many, and I hadn't realised that was due to the source of those religions. However, I would not consider changing religions.
Ivy_Nesty28
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ivy-nesty28.html
Latest Review: The Mission by Tara Basi

Post by Ivy_Nesty28 »

I love learning about other people's culture and religious ideologies. That said, I'm entirely devoted to my religion and wouldn't like changing it for another religion. My ideology is that I would love to establish friends with people from diverse culture and learn about them but I won't be comfortable changing my religion at all.
passionatereader2
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-passionatereader2.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Post by passionatereader2 »

No I wouldn't. I know there are many problematic things in my religion but there are also some great things and traditions. Cultural beliefs and traditions that are on par with modern life.
Bettny Andrade
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 127
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bettny-andrade.html
Latest Review: The Prodigy Slave, Book One: Journey to Winter Garden by Londyn Skye

Post by Bettny Andrade »

I was born under the belief of a specific religion. Now, I don't consider myself to be of any particular religion. I like to read and learn a little more about everything every day and I always respect all other beliefs and currents of thought.
shvarya malai
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shvarya-malai.html
Latest Review: Of Zots and Xoodles by Zarqnon the Embarrassed

Post by shvarya malai »

Though I have a deep connection to my faith, I'm always willing to learn more about different religions and ideologies. However, I don't see me changing my present religion.

Return to “Discuss "Beyond the Golden Door: Seeing the American Dream Through an Immigrant's Eyes" by Ali Master”