Compelling and thought provoking

Use this forum to discuss the February 2024 Book of the Month, "Beyond the Golden Door: Seeing the American Dream Through an Immigrant's Eyes" by Ali Master
Forum rules
Only people who purchase and read the book can post in this forum. If you purchased the book, please upload a copy of your receipt at:

https://onlinebookclub.org/verify-purch ... ook=402948

If your purchase of a previous Book of the Month was already marked verified, you will already have access to this forum.
Harshita Goyal _
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-harshita-goyal.html
Latest Review: God's Gift (Woman) by Freddie Floyd Jr
2024 Reading Goal: 100
2024 Goal Completion: 29%

Compelling and thought provoking

Post by Harshita Goyal _ »

Beyond the Golden Door seems like a compelling narrative that follows the journey of Ali Master, a Pakistani Muslim who immigrates to the United States for college. Through his experiences, readers are challenged to reflect on the freedoms and liberties found in America, as well as their own spiritual paths. Ali's story highlights five transformative freedoms he discovers in his new home: the freedom to fail and begin anew, to love, to choose his faith, to pursue entrepreneurship, and to govern himself.
Harshita
Malleswararao Dasari
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 52
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-malleswararao-dasari.html
Latest Review: Spirituality In Practice by Dr. Krishnamoorthy (Subbu) Subramanian

Post by Malleswararao Dasari »

Yes, this book is compelling and thought-provoking. It makes the reader's to think beyond the boundaries, limitations and restrictions.
Cristina-Ioana Toader
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 53
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cristina-ioana-toader.html
Latest Review: Brief First Encounter by Thomas Miezejeski

Post by Cristina-Ioana Toader »

I totally agree! The story was both inspiring and thought-provoking. It really made me reflect on my own values and the concept of liberty. A truly impactful read!
Loretta Morris 1
Currently Reading: SandPeople
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-loretta-morris-1.html
Latest Review: Enlightenment for the Things that Really Matter by Mark Gumbrell
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
2024 Reading Goal: 25
2024 Goal Completion: 48%

Post by Loretta Morris 1 »

The book, "Beyond the Golden Door" does introduce different types of freedom that Ali experienced. A new country, Christianity, choice of friendships, educational choices in addition to a new home: the freedom to fail and begin anew, to love, to choose his faith, to pursue entrepreneurship, and to govern himself, as Harshita as mentioned. Each type of freedom experienced contributed to Ali's choice to be successful.
Daberechi Precious
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-daberechi-precious.html
Latest Review: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by Randy Miller

Post by Daberechi Precious »

Yes, this book is thought provoking and I learned alot from it. It also make me think about my life for a moment.

Return to “Discuss "Beyond the Golden Door: Seeing the American Dream Through an Immigrant's Eyes" by Ali Master”