Overall rating and opinion of "SandPeople: An Across Time Mystery" by Cheryl Kerr

Use this forum to discuss the March 2024 Book of the Month, "SandPeople: An Across Time Mystery" by Cheryl Kerr
Forum rules
Only people who purchase and read the book can post in this forum. If you purchased the book, please upload a copy of your receipt at:

https://onlinebookclub.org/verify-purch ... ook=453972

If your purchase of a previous Book of the Month was already marked verified, you will already have access to this forum.
Anthony Ambrose
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anthony-ambrose.html
Latest Review: Somawise by Luke Sniewski

Re: Overall rating and opinion of "SandPeople: An Across Time Mystery" by Cheryl Kerr

Post by Anthony Ambrose »

The past is not a relic; it is a vibrant force. It influences our present and future, linking us to our ancestors and heritage. It imparts valuable lessons and motivates us to craft our own narratives. "SandPeople" blends mystery, history, and heartfelt moments, offering an engaging read for both young and adult readers.
Ukaegbu Confidence
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Author: Jaide Harley
Favorite Book: The Elder series
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 85
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ukaegbu-confidence.html
Latest Review: The Lightning Child by Quinn Lamothe
2024 Reading Goal: 52
2024 Goal Completion: 13%

Post by Ukaegbu Confidence »

SandPeople: An Across Time Mystery by Cheryl Kerr was an impressive read. I would rate it five out of five stars. I love that the book contains elements of mystery and suspense, including fantastic life lessons. There wasn't an overload of characters and I really appreciated that.
Beatrice Omasaki
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11

Post by Beatrice Omasaki »

The book majorly centers on twelve-year-old Lea McKinney, who, amidst her parents' separation, spends the summer with her aunt in a small Texas fishing village. There, she delves into local legends and mysteries, providing both an adventurous and emotional narrative. I think the overall plot is good, which makes me rate it 4 out of 5 overall.
Beatrice Omasaki
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11

Post by Beatrice Omasaki »

Also, I think it deserves a perfect score because of its engaging blend of history, mystery, and coming-of-age themes. It was an interesting read with only a few opportunities for improvement.
Adaboo King
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-adaboo.html
Latest Review: In It Together by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
2024 Reading Goal: 70
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Post by Adaboo King »

Rahul Singh 29 wrote: 02 Mar 2024, 03:07 This reminds me of a famous quote by Aristotle: Knowing yourself is the beginning of all wisdom. Lea sets out on a journey towards wisdom, slowly uncovering the different parts of her own personality and acquiring knowledge that molds her perception of the world.
"Knowing yourself is the beginning of all wisdom. " That's for sure. :techie-studyingbrown:
Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of intelligent effort.

© John Ruskin @quote
Zanne Crystle
Favorite Book: Rules of Redemption (The Firebird Chronicles Book 1)
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 63
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zanne-crystle.html
Latest Review: Deceitful Reflection by Jessica Tepper

Post by Zanne Crystle »

I found the book to be quite enjoyable, although it was a bit slow-paced for my taste. I generally prefer more fast-paced books, but I still found it fun to read. I particularly liked the character of Lea and her friendship with Teri. Teri was portrayed as a very supportive friend, and I appreciated the dynamic between the two characters. It was heartwarming to see Lea surrounded by so many people who were willing to help her with the investigation. Overall, I couldn't find anything to dislike about the book, so I would give it a full rating.
David Awunor
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-david-awunor.html
Latest Review: Alpha Buddies Land by Donna Marie Rink

Post by David Awunor »

The book is a young Adult mixed with mystery genre and I particularly enjoyed it. despite it being quite saturated.
AlesiaE
Currently Reading: Hanging Out with the Most High God Books One and Two
Bookshelf Size: 20
2024 Reading Goal: 100
2024 Goal Completion: 16%

Post by AlesiaE »

Title: Sand People, All Across Mystery
Author: Cheryl

Review:

“Sand People, All Across Mystery” by Cheryl offers an intriguing premise set in an enigmatic desert landscape. The book’s strength lies in its vivid descriptions and atmospheric setting, which transport the reader to a world filled with mystique and wonder. Cheryl’s writing paints a beautiful picture of the desert, making it almost a character in its own right.
Adaboo King
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-adaboo.html
Latest Review: In It Together by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
2024 Reading Goal: 70
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Post by Adaboo King »

Good summary, ask everyone for a rating. I rate it 5 out of 5 stars.
Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of intelligent effort.

© John Ruskin @quote
Naushin Moledina
Favorite Book: The Canterville Ghost
Currently Reading: Boundaries
Bookshelf Size: 71
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-naushin-moledina.html
Latest Review: Seduction and Securities of a Billionaire by Hadley Jayne
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 28%

Post by Naushin Moledina »

Aaron Joseph Maupin wrote: 01 Mar 2024, 12:44 SandPeople: An Across Time Mystery by Cheryl Kerr falls primarily into the genres of mystery and time travel. These genres are woven together throughout the book, creating a unique blend of suspense, historical exploration, and puzzle-solving.
However, it's always good to read reviews, synopses, or sample chapters to determine if a book aligns with one's personal preferences before making a decision to read it. Nonetheless, I'll recommend it.
The book sounds interesting from the way you describe it. I will definitely give it a try.
To hate is an easy lazy thing, but to love takes strength everyone has, but not all are willing to practice

Return to “Discuss "SandPeople: An Across Time Mystery" by Cheryl Kerr”