Overall rating and opinion of "SandPeople: An Across Time Mystery" by Cheryl Kerr

Use this forum to discuss the March 2024 Book of the Month, "SandPeople: An Across Time Mystery" by Cheryl Kerr
Forum rules
Only people who purchase and read the book can post in this forum. If you purchased the book, please upload a copy of your receipt at:

https://onlinebookclub.org/verify-purch ... ook=453972

If your purchase of a previous Book of the Month was already marked verified, you will already have access to this forum.
Jeevanesh
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jeevanesh.html
Latest Review: The Black Problem In America by Steven B Lofton

Re: Overall rating and opinion of "SandPeople: An Across Time Mystery" by Cheryl Kerr

Post by Jeevanesh »

This middle-grade fiction novel impressively blends elements of coming-of-age, historical fiction, and mystery into a compelling narrative that captures the essence of growth and self-discovery. What stands out to me the most is Kerr's ability to create vivid, imaginative scenes that not only entertain but also immerse the reader in Lea's journey through a summer of unexpected challenges and adventures. This is a great book that everyone should definitely give a read.
Stephanie Runyon
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Destiny Hawkins
Favorite Book: The Omicron Six
Currently Reading: Deadly Sexy Lizzy
Bookshelf Size: 1660
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stephanie-runyon.html
Latest Review: A Fated Beginning by Neko Craft
Reading Device: B07R3HTWLN
fav_author_id: 100303

Post by Stephanie Runyon »

I scored it a four, The part where Greta was on a ship in the beginning of the book was a spoiler for Lea's search for the identity of the ghost. The focus on the research was written well.
"Facts don't care about feelings." Ben Shapiro
"Don't try to keep up with me, I live on the edge too thin to see." Ryan Upchurch
"See, one man's inconvenience is another's joy." NF
Rishaunda Lynnette Britton
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 138
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rishaunda-lynnette-britton.html
Latest Review: I Wonder Why It's Christmas by Esther Ekunola

Post by Rishaunda Lynnette Britton »

I would rate the book five out of five stars. It teaches readers, especially young readers important lessons about life and that other people's actions and choices shouldn't dictate our future. I also like the compelling storyline.
shvarya malai
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shvarya-malai.html
Latest Review: The Prodigy Slave, Book One: Journey to Winter Garden by Londyn Skye

Post by shvarya malai »

I'm intrigued by this book and reading all the positive reviews is encouraging me to read this asap. I look forward to reading this unique take on coming-of-age mystery novel.
_Rhea Jacob
Currently Reading: In It Together
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rhea-jacob.html
Latest Review: Not Fishy Enough by Briton Kolber

Post by _Rhea Jacob »

I loved the book! It was very interesting and kept me engaged till the end. Can anyone recommend similar books?
Asibor Eromosele Emmanuel
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-asibor-eromosele-emmanuel.html
Latest Review: Earthships, book 2 by Bonnie Jane Hall

Post by Asibor Eromosele Emmanuel »

I would rate this book a full 5 out of 5, the story has a wonderful story line, professionally edited and error free. I love the message it passes to young people
Lisa P Cowling
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lisa-p-cowling.html
Latest Review: The one that kills you by Rick Rothermel

Post by Lisa P Cowling »

Sandpeople is a beautiful book with a mix of various genres. I loved it. It receives a five out of five from me. Children will find the book helpful. I love how easy to follow the book was.
Shewaofafrica
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shewaofafrica.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings

Post by Shewaofafrica »

The past isn't just something that's gone and done with; it's alive and kicking, shaping where we are now and where we're headed. It's our link to those who came before us and the stories they left behind. 'SandPeople' blends mystery, history, and heartfelt moments to create a story that appeals to both young and adult readers alike.
Aurora Benjamin
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 9
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aurora-benjamin.html
Latest Review: Nightlord: Sunset by Garon Whited

Post by Aurora Benjamin »

The book received a perfect 4 star rating due to its engaging mystery involving ghosts, shipwrecks, museum trips, archaeology, and interpersonal conflicts. It also effectively conveys to young readers that their parents' divorce isn't their fault, emphasizing the parents' issues as the cause.
Ruka N
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 72
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ruka-n.html
Latest Review: Worldlines by Adam Guest

Post by Ruka N »

I just started reading it, which I know is a bit late, but reading peoples replies makes me want to read it faster.
Patricia_Silva
Currently Reading: Metaphase
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-patricia-silva.html
Latest Review: The End of May by Kem Richards
2024 Reading Goal: 30
2024 Goal Completion: 33%

Post by Patricia_Silva »

In general, I enjoyed the book. I really liked the mystery and the ghosts. However, in my opinion, the archaeology parts were a little bit unrealistic, because I don’t think children would be allowed in a digging site. Apart from that, I enjoyed the characters, the storyline, and the lessons it can teach young readers.
Victor Obonyo
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14

Post by Victor Obonyo »

SandPeople: An Across Time Mystery by Cheryl Kerr falls primarily into the genres of mystery and time travel. These genres are woven together throughout the book, creating a unique blend of suspense, historical exploration, and puzzle-solving.
Ouko Okach
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18

Post by Ouko Okach »

These genres are woven together throughout the book, creating a unique blend of suspense, historical exploration, and puzzle-solving.
However, it's always good to read reviews, synopses, or sample chapters to determine if a book aligns with one's personal preferences before making a decision to read it. Nonetheless

Return to “Discuss "SandPeople: An Across Time Mystery" by Cheryl Kerr”