Who would you recommend this book to? Why?

Use this forum to discuss the March 2024 Book of the Month, "SandPeople: An Across Time Mystery" by Cheryl Kerr
Forum rules
Only people who purchase and read the book can post in this forum. If you purchased the book, please upload a copy of your receipt at:

https://onlinebookclub.org/verify-purch ... ook=453972

If your purchase of a previous Book of the Month was already marked verified, you will already have access to this forum.
Chikamnele Favour
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chikamnele-favour.html
Latest Review: My Spouse, my friend by Ingiete Oyama

Re: Who would you recommend this book to? Why?

Post by Chikamnele Favour »

Lea's character in the book is the situation most teenagers are in, so I would recommend it to teenagers.
There's no doubt that listening to kids is very important hence I would also recommend this book to parents so they will see the need to listen to their kids and young ones.
Michelle Chafins
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Caroline Peckham
Currently Reading: Zodiac Academy
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-michelle-chafins.html
Latest Review: Fireproof Happiness by Dr. Randy Ross
fav_author_id: 46995
2024 Reading Goal: 30
2024 Goal Completion: 43%

Post by Michelle Chafins »

I would recommend this book to young adults because the struggles Lea is facing in the book with her parents separation is similar to a lot of emotions most of us had to learn to overcome as well.
Ram Uday Mahajan
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 102
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ram-uday-mahajan.html
Latest Review: The Glorious Beast! by Scott L.Chally

Post by Ram Uday Mahajan »

I would recommend "SandPeople: An Across Time Mystery" by Cheryl Kerr to middle-grade readers aged eight to fourteen who enjoy coming-of-age stories with elements of history and mystery. This book would be especially suitable for readers who can relate to themes of family separation, adjustment to change, and the exploration of new experiences and relationships.
Marina Flisvou
Currently Reading: Jake Fortina and the Roman Conspiracy
Bookshelf Size: 119
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marina-flisvou.html
Latest Review: SMALL TOWN BIG CITY (When Time Stood Still) by Jeff A Lopez

Post by Marina Flisvou »

I'd suggest "SandPeople" to anyone who likes stories that mix old times with today, uncovering family secrets and adventures. It's great for readers who enjoy seeing how the past affects the present, offering exciting stories and deep thoughts about family and growing up.
Marina
Carlos Mata Saenz
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-carlos-mata-saenz.html
Latest Review: Alpha Buddies Land by Donna Marie Rink

Post by Carlos Mata Saenz »

I think this kind of books can be interesting for any teenager and young adult, independently of if they are going through difficult situations or not. It can help with emotional management.
Melvis Okoye
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-melvis-okoye.html
Latest Review: The Artificial Intelligence Rights and Responsibilities Act” by Alton Booth

Post by Melvis Okoye »

I recommend "Sand People: An Across Time Mystery" for middle-grade readers who enjoy adventure and mystery, as well as for adults seeking books that address deeper themes in a way that is accessible and engaging for children
Kenechukwu Okoye
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 62
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kenechukwu-okoye.html
Latest Review: The Artificial Intelligence Rights and Responsibilities Act” by Alton Booth

Post by Kenechukwu Okoye »

Young Adults and Middle-Graders: Given its protagonist, twelve-year-old Lea McKinney, it's perfect for young readers navigating the complexities of adolescence. The story's blend of adventure, mystery, and personal growth is likely to resonate with this age group.
Oluwagbenga Akangbe
Favorite Book: Fireproof Happiness
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 73
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oluwagbenga-akangbe.html
Latest Review: Ophelia by Norman Bacal
2024 Reading Goal: 20
2024 Goal Completion: 270%

Post by Oluwagbenga Akangbe »

"SandPeople: An Across Time Mystery" by Cheryl Kerr seems to be a young adult novel that could appeal to readers aged 8 to 14 years. It's set on the Texas Coast and involves a twelve-year-old girl named Lea McKinney who spends the summer in a fishing village, encountering a mystery, a ghost, and new friends. The book also touches on themes of family, as Lea deals with her parents' divorce. I recommend it to young readers who enjoy stories about adventure, mystery, and personal growth, as well as those who might relate to family changes and challenges.
Onyinyechi Obi
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-onyinyechi-obi.html
Latest Review: Papi, Por Favor! by Rossana Snee

Post by Onyinyechi Obi »

I would recommend the book to children between 8-12 because of the mystery it contains and suspense it contains. Adults won’t feel this emotion I must say
Kristine Mariel Diaz
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 248
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kristine-mariel-diaz.html
Latest Review: ARKO by U.W. Leo

Post by Kristine Mariel Diaz »

This book, in my opinion, is ideal for anyone seeking guidance on their own personal development. The book offers strategies for reaching your objectives and growing as a person.
This book is a great resource for anyone who needs assistance understanding and navigating life's transitions, which can be challenging.
Latest Review: ARKO by U.W. Leo
Ram Sahni
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ram-sahni.html
Latest Review: Reconceptualizing Mental Illness in the Digital Age by Elliott B. Martin, Jr.

Post by Ram Sahni »

"SandPeople" is here for a young reader who wants to plunge into a cute summer adventure with just right amount of mystery, emphasising emotional development.
Joy Wendy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joy-wendy.html
Latest Review: Then Comes The Flood by John Payne

Post by Joy Wendy »

This book would be suitable for teenagers who have faced the consequences of divorced parents. They would relate more to the book. The book teaches a lot about family problems.
britcott30
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: Hello, My Love
Currently Reading: The Overdue Life of Amy Byler
Bookshelf Size: 77
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-britcott30.html
Latest Review: My Trip To Adele by R.I.Alyaseer and A. I Alyaseer

Post by britcott30 »

I would recommend this book to young adults who are facing the family problems such as the divorce of their parents. I also would to recommend this book to those who loves mystery.
Sheen Jenny
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sheen-jenny.html
Latest Review: Almost Everything You Wanted To Know About Tickling by Duncan Taub

Post by Sheen Jenny »

I'd suggest this book to young adults and readers who enjoy emotionally charged, coming-of-age stories centered on personal growth during major life changes. It particularly appeals to those intrigued by narratives delving into the intricacies of family dynamics, the hurdles of divorce, and the journey towards self-understanding.
Jeevanesh
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jeevanesh.html
Latest Review: Sojourner To Stoner by Gordon Schwerzmann

Post by Jeevanesh »

I would recommend "SandPeople: An Across Time Mystery" by Cheryl Kerr to young adults and teenagers navigating life's transitions, especially those interested in themes of family dynamics and self-discovery. It's also perfect for readers who love a blend of mystery, and elements of surprise making it a great pick for anyone who enjoys unraveling a good mystery.

Return to “Discuss "SandPeople: An Across Time Mystery" by Cheryl Kerr”