Who would you recommend this book to? Why?

Use this forum to discuss the March 2024 Book of the Month, "SandPeople: An Across Time Mystery" by Cheryl Kerr
Forum rules
Only people who purchase and read the book can post in this forum. If you purchased the book, please upload a copy of your receipt at:

https://onlinebookclub.org/verify-purch ... ook=453972

If your purchase of a previous Book of the Month was already marked verified, you will already have access to this forum.
Laney K
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 129
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-laney-k.html
Latest Review: Shadow Eclipse Voyage by E. M. Gale
2024 Reading Goal: 50
2024 Goal Completion: 56%

Re: Who would you recommend this book to? Why?

Post by Laney K »

I think this book is best suited for kids around the age of 10-12 so they are about the same age as Lea. I think that adults can also enjoy the story, but it's a middle grade novel so the target audience would be kids.
Laney K
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 129
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-laney-k.html
Latest Review: Shadow Eclipse Voyage by E. M. Gale
2024 Reading Goal: 50
2024 Goal Completion: 56%

Post by Laney K »

Kenechukwu Okoye wrote: 11 Mar 2024, 11:35 Young Adults and Middle-Graders: Given its protagonist, twelve-year-old Lea McKinney, it's perfect for young readers navigating the complexities of adolescence. The story's blend of adventure, mystery, and personal growth is likely to resonate with this age group.
I completely agree. I also think that children that age whose parents are divorcing would be able to find comfort and familiarity in the book.
Surabhi Rani
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Demonslayer
Bookshelf Size: 1929
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-surabhi-rani.html
Latest Review: How To Decorate Cookies With Your Kids in an Afternoon by Micah Rhodes
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Surabhi Rani »

I would recommend this book to growing kids and adolescents because it is the story of the growth and transition of a young girl. Learning about Lea's emotional development through the struggles of her life would be instructive for sensitive teenagers. Also, the mystery of finding a buried treasure illustrated in the story would appeal to a wide range of audiences.
_Rhea Jacob
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: In It Together
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rhea-jacob.html
Latest Review: The Magician's Secret by Charles Townsend

Post by _Rhea Jacob »

I would recommend the book to teenagers and those who love a suspenseful book. The book will help teenagers understand that they are not responsible for their parents action and that it is not their fault for their parents divorce.
Asibor Eromosele Emmanuel
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-asibor-eromosele-emmanuel.html
Latest Review: A Walk Through the Grapes by David Jackson

Post by Asibor Eromosele Emmanuel »

I would recommend this book to children and young teenagers I would also recommend this book for young adult to teach them how to understand their children
Shewaofafrica
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shewaofafrica.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings

Post by Shewaofafrica »

I recommend this book for young adults and readers who love heartfelt, coming-of-age tales that delve into personal growth during pivotal life moments. It's especially great for those interested in stories exploring family relationships, dealing with divorce, and finding one's true identity.
Sbitan Mohammad
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sbitan-mohammad.html
Latest Review: Devil in False Colors by Jack Winnick

Post by Sbitan Mohammad »

I recommend this book to parents so as to teach them better ways to listen to their children. I also recommend it to older teens and adults because of it's lessons.
Goodness Kene
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-goodness-kene.html
Latest Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

Post by Goodness Kene »

I recommend this book to young people, especially those experiencing serious family chaos. It will teach them a way of managing the situation in their own way, and reducing the effects on then.
Sky Revews
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 84
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sky-revews.html
Latest Review: A Place Under the Sun by Luis Urtueta

Post by Sky Revews »

Young adult readers, they seems to be the prime destination of this advertisement. The destination, the main character, and friendship will take on the role of the heart for this age group.
Ajain12
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 75
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ajain12.html
Latest Review: Parabolic Magnetic Key by Nicholas Wudtke

Post by Ajain12 »

I would recommend "SandPeople: An Across Time Mystery" by Cheryl Kerr to readers who enjoy mystery novels with a unique twist. This book combines elements of mystery with time travel, offering an intriguing and imaginative storyline. Fans of both genres would likely find it engaging. Additionally, readers who appreciate well-developed characters and intricate plots would enjoy delving into the mysteries presented in this novel. Overall, anyone looking for a captivating and thought-provoking read that blends mystery and speculative fiction would find "SandPeople" worth exploring.
Aurora Benjamin
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aurora-benjamin.html
Latest Review: The Tiger's Eye by Scott Delaney

Post by Aurora Benjamin »

the book would be a compelling read for young adults and anyone who enjoys emotionally charged coming-of-age narratives that delve into personal growth during pivotal life transitions.
Ophiohonren Hiram
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: The Hate U Give
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ophiohonren-hiram.html
Latest Review: Not Fishy Enough by Briton Kolber

Post by Ophiohonren Hiram »

This is a great read for young adults, teens, as well as parents. Relationships get more complicated as people age and when it comes to dealing with family, there are no accurate instructions, but merely stories of others told for our own benefit and admonition.
Amanda Kenneth
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amanda-kenneth.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by Amanda Kenneth »

This book is perfect for teenagers who can connect with Lea's character and enjoy suspenseful plots, with spooky elements that captivate readers. It also reassures teens about parental issues. For young adults seeking emotional coming-of-age stories, especially those exploring family dynamics, divorce challenges, and self-discovery, this book is highly recommended.
Lisa P Cowling
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lisa-p-cowling.html
Latest Review: The Human of All by Ryan Parrett

Post by Lisa P Cowling »

I believe children above 10 and teenagers will find this book useful. Lea's experiences will be helpful for children whose parents are getting a divorce or who are facing family problems.
Ashwini Tawade
Favorite Book: In It Together
Currently Reading: Keys to Healthy Communication
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ashwini-tawade.html
Latest Review: Who Will Accompany You? by Meg Stafford, Kate Stafford, Gale Stafford

Post by Ashwini Tawade »

I would recommend this book to my best friend. It would signify that true friendships are eternal.
And the youth can relate to this book more, so I will recommend that adolescents and teenagers read it!

Return to “Discuss "SandPeople: An Across Time Mystery" by Cheryl Kerr”