Spoiler alert* What did you think of the ending?

Use this forum to discuss the March 2024 Book of the Month, "SandPeople: An Across Time Mystery" by Cheryl Kerr
Forum rules
Only people who purchase and read the book can post in this forum. If you purchased the book, please upload a copy of your receipt at:

https://onlinebookclub.org/verify-purch ... ook=453972

If your purchase of a previous Book of the Month was already marked verified, you will already have access to this forum.
Melisa Jane
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: The Dead Speak
Bookshelf Size: 190
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-melisa-jane.html
Latest Review: In It Together (2nd Edition Hardcover from B&N) by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Melisa Jane »

This is a discussion topic for the March 2024 Book of the Month, "SandPeople: An Across Time Mystery" by Cheryl Kerr

Attachments
MO240226 (20).jpg
MO240226 (20).jpg (5.31 MiB) Viewed 536 times
Insofar as the word 'should' even has meaning, then we must say that the past is exactly as it should be, everything that happened should have happened, and everything that should happen will happen
:techie-studyingbrown:

~ Scott Hughes
Kaitlin Bryant
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kaitlin-bryant.html
Latest Review: Snatched Up to Heaven for Kids by Jemima Paul, Arvind Paul

Post by Kaitlin Bryant »

Honestly, I was hoping for even more to the mystery. I really wanted to read more about Greta and what happened with her. The mystery surrounding Greta was so compelling but then kind of fell short at the end in my opinion.
Laney K
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 128
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-laney-k.html
Latest Review: Shadow Eclipse Voyage by E. M. Gale
2024 Reading Goal: 50
2024 Goal Completion: 54%

Post by Laney K »

Kaitlin Bryant wrote: 18 Mar 2024, 22:08 Honestly, I was hoping for even more to the mystery. I really wanted to read more about Greta and what happened with her. The mystery surrounding Greta was so compelling but then kind of fell short at the end in my opinion.
I completely agree. There had been a scene early in the book from Greta's perspective and I hoped for many another one later on to give a bit more of her story.
Kaitlin Bryant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kaitlin-bryant.html
Latest Review: Snatched Up to Heaven for Kids by Jemima Paul, Arvind Paul

Post by Kaitlin Bryant »

Laney K wrote: 19 Mar 2024, 06:52
Kaitlin Bryant wrote: 18 Mar 2024, 22:08 Honestly, I was hoping for even more to the mystery. I really wanted to read more about Greta and what happened with her. The mystery surrounding Greta was so compelling but then kind of fell short at the end in my opinion.
I completely agree. There had been a scene early in the book from Greta's perspective and I hoped for many another one later on to give a bit more of her story.
Yes, I still enjoyed the book for what it was. I thought there was a missed opportunity for a truly engaging and thrilling mystery. Had we seen more of Greta or Lea learning morning about Greta, I think this would have been an even better book for sure.
Kathy Smith 16
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kathy-smith-16.html
Latest Review: The Story Of... by Shirley B Novack

Post by Kathy Smith 16 »

Laney K wrote: 19 Mar 2024, 06:52
Same, I thought we would read more from Greta's point of view (outside of her diary). I was pretty unsatisfied by the ending.
Patricia_Silva
Currently Reading: Metaphase
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-patricia-silva.html
Latest Review: The End of May by Kem Richards
2024 Reading Goal: 30
2024 Goal Completion: 36%

Post by Patricia_Silva »

I found the ending a bit disappointing, I was expecting to learn more about Greta's story.

Return to “Discuss "SandPeople: An Across Time Mystery" by Cheryl Kerr”