Overall rating and opinion of "Launchpad Republic: America's Entrepreneurial Edge and Why It Matters" by Howard Wolk

This is a discussion forum for the April 2024 Book of the Month, "Launchpad Republic: America's Entrepreneurial Edge and Why It Matters" by Howard Wolk and John Landry
Forum rules
Only people who purchase and read the book can post in this forum. If you purchased the book, please upload a copy of your receipt at:

https://onlinebookclub.org/verify-purch ... ook=573230

If your purchase of a previous Book of the Month was already marked verified, you will already have access to this forum.
Onyango ochieng
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-onyango-ochieng.html
Latest Review: Krazy Tales From the World of Golf by Gail K. Holden

Re: Overall rating and opinion of "Launchpad Republic: America's Entrepreneurial Edge and Why It Matters" by Howard Wol

Post by Onyango ochieng »

The practical and insightful approach to the relationship between the flourish of entrepreneurship and economic growth is intriguing.am halfway through this audiobook, and I am magnetized. It is very informative and explains the American business tapestry viewed against all forces that influence it.
Wilfred Patrick
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wilfred-patrick.html
Latest Review: The Angel of Death Origins by Laurent Cousineau

Post by Wilfred Patrick »

By fusing historical retrospectives with useful lessons, Launchpad Republic offers a rigorous yet approachable account of America's entrepreneurial past, highlighting the crucial role that American entrepreneurship plays in promoting economic progress and upending established industries. Thus, I believe it will receive a flawless 5-star rating.
Stephen Somtochukwu Ezeme
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stephen-somtochukwu-ezeme.html
Latest Review: A King Amongst Us by A.D. Lewis

Post by Stephen Somtochukwu Ezeme »

Launchpad Republic by Howard is a great book that taught me the niti-gritty of how to be an entrepreneur. The lessons I learnt from the book are great.
Sonia Lurk
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sonia-lurk.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings

Post by Sonia Lurk »

After listening to this audiobook for half of the day, I'm hooked. It explains the American corporate landscape in contrast to all the factors influencing it and is highly interesting. The narrative style is highly comprehensible in addition to having abundant material. I have nothing bad to say about this fantastic book.
Dani Elle Ele
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 54
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dani-elle-ele.html
Latest Review: It Was What It Was by Daniel Pace

Post by Dani Elle Ele »

The book's theories and examples have universal relevance, transcending geographical boundaries, making it a valuable resource for understanding the symbiotic relationship between entrepreneurship and economic growth. The author's practical and insightful approach makes the book a compelling read, with little to no drawbacks, offering a wealth of knowledge and inspiration for entrepreneurs and policymakers worldwide.
Beatrice Mwangi 8
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20

Post by Beatrice Mwangi 8 »

The book "Launchpad Republic: America's Entrepreneurial Edge and Why It Matters" by Howard Wolk and John Landry deservesa a high ratings of atleast 4 out of 5 stars.

Here are some of my opinions:
- The book offers a comprehensive examination of America's evolution into a global hub of entrepreneurship, with a meticulously researched retrospective on American economic history
- It is a well-written, with convincing arguments that make it a joy to read.
- It is recommended for anyone interested in starting their own business, learning more about entrepreneurship, or investors looking for new opportunities.

Overall, the book is well-received for its in-depth analysis and accessible writing, making it a valuable read for those interested in the entrepreneurial landscape of America.
Bradley Twesten
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bradley-twesten.html
Latest Review: The Unbound Soul by Richard L. Haight

Post by Bradley Twesten »

Rupali Mishra wrote: 31 Mar 2024, 11:55 What a fascinating read this book seems to be. in particular, given my desire to launch my own business. Next time, I'll definitely read it.
The book gives fantastic history and perspective. Not a lot of advice for the beginning entrepreneur but talks about the cycles of startup vs. incumbent.
Jane Honda
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 58
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jane-honda.html
Latest Review: 30th Century: Escape (General Audience Edition) by Mark Kingston Levin PhD

Post by Jane Honda »

This book recieve a five out of five star rating from me. The reason is because it addressed the main theme of this book to a great extent.
Jahan Firdaus
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 7
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jahan-firdaus.html
Latest Review: Chasing Dragons between Dimensions by Matthew Emmanuel Weinberg

Post by Jahan Firdaus »

Launchpad Republic provides a scholarly yet easy-to-understand examination of entrepreneurial development in America. It combines historical reviews with practical advice and highlights the crucial role of American entrepreneurship in fueling economic growth and industry transformations. Therefore, I believe it deserves a flawless 5-star rating.
Dana Lawrence Lohn
Favorite Book: The Upstairs Delicatessen
Currently Reading: In the Garden of Beasts
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dana-lawrence-lohn.html
Latest Review: The Wicked Wives by Gus Pelagatti
2024 Reading Goal: 75
2024 Goal Completion: 20%

Post by Dana Lawrence Lohn »

I love the original poster’s language around “the flourish of entrepreneurship.” That’s exactly true, with respect to how the work of individual business owners flows over into generation of extreme economic growth. I love the review and the language therein.
Zicker Angel
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zicker-angel.html
Latest Review: Launchpad Republic by Howard Wolk and John Landry

Post by Zicker Angel »

The book provides a valuable perspective on American entrepreneurship. It's informative and engaging, but could benefit from addressing the evolving landscape of starting a business today. I will definitely give it a full star rating.
Mary Clarkee
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: We Are Voulhire
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mary-clarkee.html
Latest Review: A Holistic Strategy to Beat Cancer by Nguyen Minh Hai

Post by Mary Clarkee »

I will rate this book five out of five stars due to it's approach of narration and how the topics were addressed.
Slayton Natasha Tillett
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-slayton-natasha-tillett.html
Latest Review: Love and Nature/Amor y Naturaleza by Abraham Garcia

Post by Slayton Natasha Tillett »

It's a very good book and I don't think there is any reason to rate it less. Therefore it a full star
Tochukwu Nwaji
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tochukwu-nwaji.html
Latest Review: Somawise by Luke Sniewski

Post by Tochukwu Nwaji »

This book isn't just a historical account; it's a call to action. By grasping the delicate balance that drives American innovation, both citizens and policymakers can collaborate to preserve its strengths, fix its weaknesses, and unlock its full potential for future challenges. That's why I give this book 5 star rating
Colleado Keana Rose
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-colleado-keana-rose.html
Latest Review: Rise and Conquer by Juan Partida

Post by Colleado Keana Rose »

Launchpad Republic offers a thorough and engaging examination of America's entrepreneurial journey, combining historical context with practical wisdom. It highlights the significant impact of American entrepreneurship on economic growth and innovation, making it a deserving 5-star read.

Return to “Discuss "Launchpad Republic: America's Entrepreneurial Edge and Why It Matters" by Howard Wolk and John Landry”