Did this book change your view on entrepreneurship?

This is a discussion forum for the April 2024 Book of the Month, "Launchpad Republic: America's Entrepreneurial Edge and Why It Matters" by Howard Wolk and John Landry
Forum rules
Only people who purchase and read the book can post in this forum. If you purchased the book, please upload a copy of your receipt at:

https://onlinebookclub.org/verify-purch ... ook=573230

If your purchase of a previous Book of the Month was already marked verified, you will already have access to this forum.
Colleado Keana Rose
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-colleado-keana-rose.html
Latest Review: Rise and Conquer by Juan Partida

Re: Did this book change your view on entrepreneurship?

Post by Colleado Keana Rose »

The book has had a positive impact on your perspective, expanding your understanding of entrepreneurship and the factors that contribute to its success. It has provided clarity on key concepts and shed light on the necessary conditions for entrepreneurship to flourish, enriching your knowledge and insight.
Krebs Karen
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: The Fish House
Bookshelf Size: 83
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-krebs-karen.html
Latest Review: Creative Destruction by Alastair Bowman

Post by Krebs Karen »

I love a book that talks about the history and I would say this book just got what I look up to. This book broadened my view on entrepreneurship and somehow made me want to step up my game in entrepreneurship.
Benson Ken
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-benson-ken.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings

Post by Benson Ken »

It didn't change my view at all. What It did was to solidify what I've always believed in. Great book and I think every body in the US should read this book. Entrepreneurs are good for this country.
Henry Chude
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-henry-chude.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Henry Chude »

"Launchpad Republic" by Howard Wolk and John Landry reinforced and expanded my understanding of entrepreneurship rather than dramatically changing my view. The book offers fresh perspectives on the historical and cultural factors that have shaped the entrepreneurial landscape in the United States, emphasizing the unique characteristics of the American entrepreneurial ecosystem, such as its adaptability and resilience.

The success stories and historical trends presented in the book made me appreciate the critical role of supportive policies and societal attitudes in fostering innovation. While it didn't radically alter my fundamental beliefs about entrepreneurship, it enriched my appreciation of the intricate dynamics that contribute to entrepreneurial success. "Launchpad Republic" underscored the importance of nurturing an environment conducive to innovation, making me more aware of the various factors that support and sustain entrepreneurial ventures.
Onwuesi Promise
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-onwuesi-promise.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Onwuesi Promise »

It didn't change my view on entrepreneur though. It only made me know more of entrepreneur especially the history aspect of it. It didn't change the fact that entrepreneur is to make profit and building business activities as we were being taught in High School.
Chidinma Dijeh
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 95
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chidinma-dijeh.html
Latest Review: Brian, Created Intelligence by AJ Pagan IV

Post by Chidinma Dijeh »

The book reinforce my existing views on entrepreneurship. There are so many new things i learned from it.
chakri wang
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chakri-wang.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by chakri wang »

This book didn't change my core beliefs, but it definitely gave me a wider perspective. It helped me solidify some ideas I had and gave me a clearer picture of what makes a country a good breeding ground for entrepreneurs.
Eobi jonh
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eobi-jonh.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Eobi jonh »

This book totally transformed the way I see entrepreneurship! It opened my eyes to all the amazing benefits and possibilities. So glad I picked it up!
Adaolisa Okoye
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-adaolisa-okoye.html
Latest Review: In It Together by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes

Post by Adaolisa Okoye »

Yes. I was quite narrow-minded initially in the entrepreneurship aspect, but now it has broadened my perspective. I have acquired a lot of knowledge from this book which isn't easy to come by.
Pascal Junior
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pascal-junior.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Code® by Tony Jeton Selimi

Post by Pascal Junior »

Absolutely, this book really shifted my perspective on entrepreneurship. I hadn't given much thought to it before. The historical insights about how our English ancestors were restricted in trading and ownership based on their social class were eye-opening. This book has made me much more appreciative of capitalism and the entrepreneurial spirit.
Pascal Junior
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pascal-junior.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Code® by Tony Jeton Selimi

Post by Pascal Junior »

Reading about the success stories and historical trends in the book gave me a deeper appreciation for how important supportive policies and positive societal attitudes are for fostering innovation. "Launchpad Republic" really emphasized the need for an environment that nurtures innovation, making me more aware of the various factors that help new ventures thrive. While it didn't change my core beliefs about entrepreneurship, it definitely enhanced my understanding of the complex dynamics that contribute to success.
Sylveria Savage
Favorite Book: Diary of a Talking (war) Dog
Currently Reading: The Promise of Whiteness
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sylveria-savage.html
Latest Review: Fear To Freedom by Dr Keith L Marshall, PsyD, MHD

Post by Sylveria Savage »

Yes, this book changed my view on entrepreneurship. It helped me appreciate capitalism's benefits, helped me understand how various factors affect startups, and reinforced my love for entrepreneurship. It was a great read, but didn't offer any groundbreaking new insights.
Nwachukwu Chrysogonus_
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 9
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nwachukwu-chrysogonus.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by Nwachukwu Chrysogonus_ »

It expanded upon it in addition to altering it. This book went deeper and altered my perspective on startups and entrepreneurship. It also kind of opened my eyes to the possibility of variables that I had never considered before that could have an impact on a startup in another nation.
Chibyke Icarus
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chibyke-icarus.html
Latest Review: Fireproof Happiness by Dr. Randy Ross

Post by Chibyke Icarus »

With the little entrepreneurship experience I’ve had in the past, I don’t think the book changed my view much. I can only say it increased my knowledge in entrepreneurship.
ezinne philo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17

Post by ezinne philo »

I would say this book has definitely added to my entrepreneurship knowledge rather than changed it, and it has also helped me understand the positive and negative impacts on how to run a business in a capitalist society.

Return to “Discuss "Launchpad Republic: America's Entrepreneurial Edge and Why It Matters" by Howard Wolk and John Landry”