Overall rating and opinion of "Launchpad Republic: America's Entrepreneurial Edge and Why It Matters" by Howard Wolk

This is a discussion forum for the April 2024 Book of the Month, "Launchpad Republic: America's Entrepreneurial Edge and Why It Matters" by Howard Wolk and John Landry
Forum rules
Only people who purchase and read the book can post in this forum. If you purchased the book, please upload a copy of your receipt at:

https://onlinebookclub.org/verify-purch ... ook=573230

If your purchase of a previous Book of the Month was already marked verified, you will already have access to this forum.
Melisa Jane
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: The Dead Speak
Bookshelf Size: 190
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-melisa-jane.html
Latest Review: In It Together (2nd Edition Hardcover from B&N) by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Overall rating and opinion of "Launchpad Republic: America's Entrepreneurial Edge and Why It Matters" by Howard Wolk

Post by Melisa Jane »

This is a discussion topic for the April 2024 Book of the Month, "Launchpad Republic: America's Entrepreneurial Edge and Why It Matters" by Howard Wolk and John Landry

What is your overall opinion of the book? What do you like most about it? What do you like the least? What did you think of the writing style? What genre is the book? What genres are woven into the text? What did you think of the cover and title? What was the greatest lesson you learned from the book? Will you recommend the book to other people? Why or why not?

Please remember to add your actual rating using the book's page on the Bookshelf.
Insofar as the word 'should' even has meaning, then we must say that the past is exactly as it should be, everything that happened should have happened, and everything that should happen will happen
:techie-studyingbrown:

~ Scott Hughes
cathydl874
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cathydl874.html
Latest Review: Exploring Wine Regions – Bordeaux France by Michael C. Higgins, PhD

Post by cathydl874 »

Overall, Launchpad Republic offers a comprehensive examination of America's evolution into a global hub of entrepreneurship, tracing the interplay of political, economic, and social factors. I appreciate its meticulously researched retrospective on American economic history and the blend of extensive historical analysis with practical insights. The writing style is scholarly yet accessible, and the book effectively illustrates the vital role of America's distinctive form of entrepreneurship in driving industry disruptions and economic growth. It belongs to the genre of economic history and incorporates themes of competition, innovation, and regulatory dynamics. The cover and title seem appropriate, reflecting the book's focus on America's entrepreneurial spirit and its role in shaping the nation's economy. One of the greatest takeaways for me was the importance of limited government intervention in nurturing innovation. I would recommend this book to anyone interested in understanding how entrepreneurship has shaped America’s economic landscape and its relevance in today’s world. It’s a fascinating exploration that’s both enlightening and enjoyable to read.
Dem Dem
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dem-dem.html
Latest Review: Exodus by Jean Hackensmith

Post by Dem Dem »

Wow, this book sure sounds like an interesting read. Especially since I want to be an entrepreneur. I'll make sure to read it next.
Rupali Mishra
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rupali-mishra.html
Latest Review: It's Hard to Be a Vampire by Viktoria Faust

Post by Rupali Mishra »

What a fascinating read this book seems to be. in particular, given my desire to launch my own business. Next time, I'll definitely read it.
Olga Markova
Currently Reading: The Postscript Murders
Bookshelf Size: 112
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-olga-markova.html
Latest Review: The DrugTech Trilogy by Marcel Victor Sahade

Post by Olga Markova »

I am halfway through this audiobook, and I am magnetized. It is very informative and explains the American business tapestry viewed against all forces that influence it. In addition to rich content, the style of narration is very easy to comprehend. Nothing negative from me about this awesome book.
Shewaofafrica
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shewaofafrica.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Shewaofafrica »

Launchpad Republic provides a scholarly yet accessible analysis of America's entrepreneurial evolution, blending historical retrospectives with practical insights, showcasing the vital role of American entrepreneurship in driving economic growth and industry disruptions. So I think that it'll get a perfect 5-star rating.
RJ Reviews
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 75
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rj-reviews.html
Latest Review: Jirvania by Jan Anderegg
Reading Device: 1400697484
2024 Reading Goal: 24
2024 Goal Completion: 91%

Post by RJ Reviews »

The theories and examples provided in this book may find their relevance in other countries, too. The practical and insightful approach to the relationship between the flourish of entrepreneurship and economic growth is intriguing. There is hardly any negative aspects of this book.
"The gods grow jealous of too much contentment anywhere, and they show their displeasure all of a sudden.” - R. K. Narayan, Maldudi Days
Chidinma Dijeh
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 83
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chidinma-dijeh.html
Latest Review: Not Fishy Enough by Briton Kolber

Post by Chidinma Dijeh »

I found the book well-researched, engagingly written, and persuasive in its arguments, which made me give it a high rating.
INZAMAMUL HAQUE3
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 56
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-inzamamul-haque3.html
Latest Review: Unyielding Destiny by Spiros Gratsias (author of Unyielding Destiny)

Post by INZAMAMUL HAQUE3 »

I have to say, I was thoroughly impressed with the book I just finished reading. From the very first page, I could tell that the author had put a lot of effort and time into researching the topic. The book was well-written and the arguments were convincing, which made it a joy to read.

One thing that stood out to me was how the author managed to combine historical retrospectives with practical insights. It was refreshing to read a book that not only delved into the past but also provided valuable information that could be applied in the present. The book was a great mix of theory and application, which made it an easy read.

But what I appreciated most about the book was its focus on American entrepreneurship. The author highlighted the crucial role played by entrepreneurship in driving economic growth and disruption in various industries. This is something that I find fascinating and I believe that the book does a great job of shedding light on this topic.
Emmamackenzieee
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
2024 Reading Goal: 52
2024 Goal Completion: 28%

Post by Emmamackenzieee »

Overall, was this my favorite book that I have ever read? No. But it is filled with great knowledge and wisdom from these two authors that put a very good foundation on the history and why entrepreneurship in the USA is the way it is. I rated it as 5 out of 5 because I feel as if anyone can learn something and can take away the main points of this book. I think the only thing I can say I dislike after having a week to think about this book is that they do not mention much about agriculture and I think that could have been a very large topic. Again, might not had been something they felt comfortable writing about, but I think they could had added a lot of elements and examples from that perspective. As I mentioned, I did enjoy this book overall and would recommend it to anyone.
Abiodunakinola
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 53
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abiodunakinola.html
Latest Review: Mystery in the Metaverse by Nick Airus

Post by Abiodunakinola »

The practical aspect of the book stood out for me. Although the book focuses on American entrepreneurship, other countries could also benefit from it. The author's writing style is conversational, and the book cover is perfect.
Vivian Writes
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vivian-writes.html
Latest Review: Niching Up by Chris Dreyer

Post by Vivian Writes »

I appreciated the perspective this brought to the subject of entrepreneurship. It was a very approachable, nicely written book that is appropriate for beginners in the field, as well as those with more experience. However, I did find the book to be somewhat lacking in its critiques of American business, and how we might address them. The narrative was unrealistically positive and I would’ve found the author's arguments more convincing if they had been better balanced. three out of five from me.
Bertha Jackson
Bookshelves Moderator
Favorite Book: Launchpad Republic: America's Entrepreneurial Edge and Why It Matters
Currently Reading: The Newton Code
Bookshelf Size: 759
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bertha-jackson.html
Latest Review: Life at the Precipice by R.F. Vincent

Post by Bertha Jackson »

This is an excellent book for anyone interested in starting a business because the many stories about other entrepreneurs, both in America and other countries, provide insight into why some were successful and others failed. I gave this professionally edited book five out of five stars because its vital information was well-written, concise, and easy to understand.
Bertha R. Jackson :D
Book Reviewer at OnlineBookClub.org
Savina Visintin
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 88
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-savina-visintin.html
Latest Review: Love and Resistance by Marie J. Mond

Post by Savina Visintin »

I loved this book because it allowed me to understand entrepreneurship in America. This was something I always wanted to analyze in detail. As I wrote in my review, it was particularly enlightening that the authors compared the American way to that of other countries in Europe and China.
Lisa P Cowling
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lisa-p-cowling.html
Latest Review: The one that kills you by Rick Rothermel

Post by Lisa P Cowling »

The book receives a perfect rating from me. Although the cover could use certain changes, I found the book's content very insightful. Individuals living in America and even individuals in other countries will benefit from it.

Return to “Discuss "Launchpad Republic: America's Entrepreneurial Edge and Why It Matters" by Howard Wolk and John Landry”