What did you think of the cover of this book?

This is a discussion forum for the April 2024 Book of the Month, "Launchpad Republic: America's Entrepreneurial Edge and Why It Matters" by Howard Wolk and John Landry
Forum rules
Only people who purchase and read the book can post in this forum. If you purchased the book, please upload a copy of your receipt at:

https://onlinebookclub.org/verify-purch ... ook=573230

If your purchase of a previous Book of the Month was already marked verified, you will already have access to this forum.
AvishaJain_13
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 76
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-avishajain-13.html
Latest Review: Opaque by Calix Leigh-Reign

Re: What did you think of the cover of this book?

Post by AvishaJain_13 »

The cover is aesthetically pleasing and also ironic in terms of the title of the book. It is professional and apt.
INZAMAMUL HAQUE3
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-inzamamul-haque3.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by INZAMAMUL HAQUE3 »

The book cover is simply outstanding. It beautifully displays the book title in a clear and prominent manner that immediately captures the reader's attention. The color scheme used is also incredibly eye-catching and visually appealing, making it a surefire way to draw the interest of potential readers towards it.
Seetha E
Currently Reading: The prodigy slave
Bookshelf Size: 179
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-seetha-e.html
Latest Review: The Attenuating Puritan by Robert McGuiness

Post by Seetha E »

I think that the subject matter of the book and the cover art do not match well, which might discourage potential readers from picking it up. However, I am still interested in reading it to learn about the subject matter. Only then will I be able to determine if the cover becomes relatable.
Mark Maxwell 2
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mark-maxwell-2.html
Latest Review: The Boy who Lived with Ghosts by John Mitchell

Post by Mark Maxwell 2 »

I believe that the cover page relate to the content of the book, While some feel the imagery doesn't align with the content, others believe it accurately represents the historical context of American business development during colonial times, depicting an open field of opportunities. This difference highlights the subjective nature of cover design interpretation and its potential impact on reader interest.
Alicia Tickler
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alicia-tickler.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by Alicia Tickler »

In considering the cover as it relates to the book, I do think it's appropriate. The steam engine evokes the idea of traditional American persistence and innovation. However, I'm not sure that it would draw me to the book on its own merit.
Mark Maxwell 2
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mark-maxwell-2.html
Latest Review: The Boy who Lived with Ghosts by John Mitchell

Post by Mark Maxwell 2 »

Based on the description of the cover, the book explores the intersection of business, entrepreneurship, and innovation, using imagery of a serene field with lush green vegetation to symbolize financial growth and success. The cover suggests a focus on strategies for business growth and perhaps the importance of innovation in entrepreneurial ventures.
Rocky Ellery James Tumbelaka
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 262
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rocky-ellery-james-tumbelaka.html
Latest Review: The Inheritance by Donna Sundblad

Post by Rocky Ellery James Tumbelaka »

For me, at first, I didn't understand the meaning of the cover. But after reading, I understand that it meant the lush and green field of opportunity to thrive in America. Even though I don't live in America, I could understand why it was seen as such.
Savina Visintin
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 96
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-savina-visintin.html
Latest Review: Appetite for Risk by Robert R Abbott

Post by Savina Visintin »

I loved the cover. It's inspiring and captivating. I think it makes you immediately understand that this book has something special, and when you read it, you realize you weren't wrong. Also, the subtitle makes you understand the topic straight away, and I really appreciated it.
Muhammad Haikal Birton
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-muhammad-haikal-birton.html
Latest Review: Anti-Black Prejudice In America by Anders Eklof

Post by Muhammad Haikal Birton »

It's important to note that the cover art of a book may not always match its subject matter. This can deter potential readers from picking up the book. However, I urge you to give it a chance and read it first. As readers, we deserve a cover that accurately represents the book's content. Hopefully, publishers will take this into consideration when designing covers for future books.
Jim Zosson
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jim-zosson.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by Jim Zosson »

The cover of the book is treat and instills the urge to read the book into readers. Congratulations to the designer for such a fabulous job.
Lisa P Cowling
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lisa-p-cowling.html
Latest Review: The Human of All by Ryan Parrett

Post by Lisa P Cowling »

I did not find the cover catchy. I believe it matches the content of the book. However, if I were to select books based on their cover, I would not easily pick this book. I believe more could have been done for the cover of the book.
mark liu
Currently Reading: If Time Stood Still
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mark-liu.html
Latest Review: Impromptu by Reid Hoffman

Post by mark liu »

I’m glad the author went with a classically aesthetic cover as opposed to one depicting business and industry in a more literal sense. Pleasing on the eye and drew me in more than I’d like to admit.
Donna Walker
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: The Vitality System
Bookshelf Size: 213
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-donna-walker.html
Latest Review: How to be a SuperStar Salesperson by Audri White

Post by Donna Walker »

I feel that the book cover does not correlate at all to the subject matter. It's an unusual choice of cover art for the title of the book.
Mayengbam Atulananda Singh
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mayengbam-atulananda-singh.html
Latest Review: The House on Tyner by Matthew O’Connell

Post by Mayengbam Atulananda Singh »

The cover doesn't go well with the subheading, 'America's Entrepreneurial Edge and Why It Matters.' But I assume the imagery is intentional, perhaps serving as a reminder of America's past and present. Even so, I would have preferred to see something related to technology, artificial intelligence (AI), or something else on the cover.
Muhammad Haikal Birton
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-muhammad-haikal-birton.html
Latest Review: Anti-Black Prejudice In America by Anders Eklof

Post by Muhammad Haikal Birton »

The cover shows an idyllic American countryside with hills, farms, and a train in the distance. It symbolizes entrepreneurship in America - rooted in tradition but always moving towards innovation and the future.

Return to “Discuss "Launchpad Republic: America's Entrepreneurial Edge and Why It Matters" by Howard Wolk and John Landry”