Ordering copy of Book from Barnes & Noble as today’s book of the day

This is a discussion forum for the April 2024 Book of the Month, "Launchpad Republic: America's Entrepreneurial Edge and Why It Matters" by Howard Wolk and John Landry
Forum rules
Only people who purchase and read the book can post in this forum. If you purchased the book, please upload a copy of your receipt at:

https://onlinebookclub.org/verify-purch ... ook=573230

If your purchase of a previous Book of the Month was already marked verified, you will already have access to this forum.
Julie Basil
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: The Little Prince
Currently Reading: Launchpad Republic
Bookshelf Size: 201
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-julie-basil.html
Latest Review: Voices from a Forgotten Letter by Seif-Eldeine
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Ordering copy of Book from Barnes & Noble as today’s book of the day

Post by Julie Basil »

With the book of the month being today’s book of the day, I opted to purchase and review it. The instructions specified that a copy needed to be purchased from Barnes & Noble. I placed an order online at the Barnes & Noble website and was originally given an estimated arrival date early next week and a few hours later I received an update email saying that there was a delay with the book and it would not arrive for two weeks. Did anyone else opt to purchase the book from Barnes and Noble and receive a similar message about shipping delays?
"It is only with the heart that one can see clearly, what's essential is invisible to the eye." ~ Antoine St. Exupery
Shewaofafrica
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shewaofafrica.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings

Post by Shewaofafrica »

I did not have an issue with the delivery. Although I heard that the copies were somewhat limited.
Bradley Twesten
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bradley-twesten.html
Latest Review: Truth and Evil by G. Edward Martin

Post by Bradley Twesten »

I had been wanting to read this one a few weeks ago but Barnes and Noble was reporting it out of stock back then.
Julie Basil

Post by Julie Basil »

Shewaofafrica wrote: 02 Apr 2024, 05:17 I did not have an issue with the delivery. Although I heard that the copies were somewhat limited.
Thanks for the reply, they must have received a fair number of orders from Book of the Month participants.
"It is only with the heart that one can see clearly, what's essential is invisible to the eye." ~ Antoine St. Exupery
Julie Basil

Post by Julie Basil »

Bradley Twesten wrote: 02 Apr 2024, 06:11 I had been wanting to read this one a few weeks ago but Barnes and Noble was reporting it out of stock back then.
I was surprised about the delay because it wasn’t listed as out of stock when I was ordering and they originally said it would be delivered early next week, or even as early as this Thursday if I wanted to pay for expedited shipping. Thanks for the helpful information!
Kenneth Onyenwe
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 139
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kenneth-onyenwe.html
Latest Review: The Final Keystone by John Kevin Crowley

Post by Kenneth Onyenwe »

Well, the website doesn't accept ATM cards from certain countries I noticed. Please do look at this as fixing it could help booster your profit margin. Cheers!!
Bertha Jackson
Bookshelves Moderator
Favorite Book: Launchpad Republic: America's Entrepreneurial Edge and Why It Matters
Currently Reading: Trouble In The Triangle
Bookshelf Size: 772
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bertha-jackson.html
Latest Review: Bailout Conspiracy by Frank Latell

Post by Bertha Jackson »

It took me a little longer to receive this book than it has for other books I have ordered from them, but I did finally receive it.
Bertha R. Jackson :D
Book Reviewer at OnlineBookClub.org
Julie Basil

Post by Julie Basil »

Bertha Jackson wrote: 09 Apr 2024, 12:44 It took me a little longer to receive this book than it has for other books I have ordered from them, but I did finally receive it.
Thanks for the update! I just received a notification today that my order has shipped, but the tracking information is not available yet. Hopefully the book will arrive soon.
Julie Basil

Post by Julie Basil »

My copy of the book arrived today! Originally Barnes & Noble said that it would not be here until late next week, but the delay ended up only being a couple of days after their original estimated date. I am looking forward to reading it now that I have obtained my copy and being able to participate in more of the discussion about this book.
Wilfred Patrick
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wilfred-patrick.html
Latest Review: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by Randy Miller

Post by Wilfred Patrick »

When I placed my order, it wasn't indicated as being out of stock, and they had stated that it would arrive early the following week or even this Thursday if I wanted to pay for expedited shipping, so I was taken aback by the delay. I appreciate the useful information you provided.

Return to “Discuss "Launchpad Republic: America's Entrepreneurial Edge and Why It Matters" by Howard Wolk and John Landry”