Who would you recommend this book to? Why?

This is a discussion forum for the April 2024 Book of the Month, "Launchpad Republic: America's Entrepreneurial Edge and Why It Matters" by Howard Wolk and John Landry
Forum rules
Only people who purchase and read the book can post in this forum. If you purchased the book, please upload a copy of your receipt at:

https://onlinebookclub.org/verify-purch ... ook=573230

If your purchase of a previous Book of the Month was already marked verified, you will already have access to this forum.
Joule Mwendwa
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 83
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joule-mwendwa.html
Latest Review: Play Golf Better Faster: The Classic Guide to Optimizing Your Performance and Building Your Best Fast by Kalliope Barlis

Re: Who would you recommend this book to? Why?

Post by Joule Mwendwa »

Definitely the book perfectly fits business minded people. Reading this book will add a business development idea to what they already have
The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall. -Nelson Mandela
Victory Stone
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-victory-stone.html
Latest Review: Matchbox Dreams by Douglas Schwartz

Post by Victory Stone »

I would recommend this book to anyone who is interested into venturing into business. They would pick up a lot of information about what business is all about. Not just business but good business
N parvin
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-n-parvin.html
Latest Review: Murder Under Redwood Moon by Sherri Lynn Dodd

Post by N parvin »

I would definitely recommend it to entrepreneurs, economics enthusiasts, and business students as it will offer them a wide range of knowledge in one place.
Princewill Uchenna
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-princewill-uchenna.html
Latest Review: Everything We Had by Tom Burkhalter

Post by Princewill Uchenna »

This is a full star book. I learnt a lot while reading this book. The stories were very encouraging.
Jnapika D
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jnapika-d.html
Latest Review: From Drift to SHIFT by Jody B. Miller

Post by Jnapika D »

I would like to recommend this book to all the people pursuing a career in business and trying to become entrepreneurs.
Chikamnele Favour
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chikamnele-favour.html
Latest Review: The DrugTech Trilogy by Marcel Victor Sahade

Post by Chikamnele Favour »

If there is anyone looking forward to becoming a successful entrepreneur, this is book will be very helpful. So I recommend to aspiring entrepreneurs and those already in the field.
Isaac Oh
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 89
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-isaac-oh.html
Latest Review: Trees For the Forest by Paul Ownman

Post by Isaac Oh »

I recommend this book to lovers of entrepreneurial and business-inclined novels. It may be tedious for a while though.
Tom Gada
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tom-gada.html
Latest Review: The Unbound Soul by Richard L. Haight

Post by Tom Gada »

I would heartily recommend this book to anyone who shares an interest in economics, entrepreneurship, and the history of the United States.

If you are a budding entrepreneur, Launchpad Republic could serve as a rich source of inspiration, imbuing you with the deep-seated factors that have fostered America's unparalleled entrepreneurial spirit and competitive economy. The authors offer valuable insights into the environment that nurtured entrepreneurial ventures such as Ford, Apple, Amazon, and countless others, thereby equipping you with the tools to potentially replicate such successes.
rudi dani
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rudi-dani.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer
2024 Reading Goal: 50
2024 Goal Completion: 28%

Post by rudi dani »

I think this book is ideal for anyone interested in the role of entrepreneurship in shaping the US economy and its ongoing relevance.
Brigid Wandera
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-brigid-wandera.html
Latest Review: Zonas de quema by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by Brigid Wandera »

I would definitely recommend this book for AP students in high school who are studying economics, or college majors that are economics and/or business majors. Reading this as a 30 year old agricultural teacher did give me a different out look and perspective on the entrepreneurial aspect of the US. I think it also gave me personally, a better understanding and foundation to guide some of my students who are already starting their own business and taking on the financial responsibilities. Overall, I think anyone would benefit from this book, but those that are actually interested/involved with business should definitely read it.
Kelvin Suraj
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kelvin-suraj.html

Post by Kelvin Suraj »

I will love to recommend this book to entrepreneurs or business minded people looking forward to starting business no matter the region they stay. I think adopting some practice in this book will be useful to stand firm.
Ashleigh Henderson 1
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ashleigh-henderson-1.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Code® by Tony Jeton Selimi

Post by Ashleigh Henderson 1 »

This book is valuable for aspiring entrepreneurs and policymakers. It offers insights into the American system that fuels startups and its potential challenges.
Lily Rita
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lily-rita.html
Latest Review: The Unbound Soul by Richard L. Haight

Post by Lily Rita »

I would recommend "Launchpad Republic" to policymakers, entrepreneurs, and business leaders seeking to understand the historical foundations of entrepreneurship in America and its implications for economic growth. The book provides valuable insights into innovation, property rights, and competition, offering relevant lessons for shaping policy and business strategies.
Sonia Lurk
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sonia-lurk.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Sonia Lurk »

For anyone who is interested in innovation and progress, "Launchpad Republic: America's Entrepreneurial Edge and Why It Matters" is an essential read. It provides insightful analyses of the intersections between entrepreneurship, democracy, and progress, and it will inspire you to change the world, whether you're a business professional, an educator, or just interested in the ways that societies change.
Mayengbam Atulananda Singh
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mayengbam-atulananda-singh.html
Latest Review: The House on Tyner by Matthew O’Connell

Post by Mayengbam Atulananda Singh »

I'd recommend the book to entrepreneurs or anyone interested in grasping the essence of entrepreneurship. Not every aspect may resonate with non-Americans, but I still believe it's worth exploring. After all, there's no harm in expanding one's knowledge.

Return to “Discuss "Launchpad Republic: America's Entrepreneurial Edge and Why It Matters" by Howard Wolk and John Landry”