Did this book meet your expectations?

This is a discussion forum for the April 2024 Book of the Month, "Launchpad Republic: America's Entrepreneurial Edge and Why It Matters" by Howard Wolk and John Landry
Forum rules
Only people who purchase and read the book can post in this forum. If you purchased the book, please upload a copy of your receipt at:

https://onlinebookclub.org/verify-purch ... ook=573230

If your purchase of a previous Book of the Month was already marked verified, you will already have access to this forum.
Brigid Wandera
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-brigid-wandera.html
Latest Review: Zonas de quema by Jorge P. Newbery

Re: Did this book meet your expectations?

Post by Brigid Wandera »

I just finished reading "Launchpad Republic: America's Entrepreneurial Edge and Why It Matters" by Howard Wolk and John Landry. Let me tell you, it definitely lived up to my expectations! The book is informative, educational, and well-researched, with a focus on the entrepreneurial landscape in the United States compared to other countries. The authors' expertise in entrepreneurship, investment, and company building, along with John Landry's background as an independent business historian and writer, make for a comprehensive analysis of the entrepreneurial edge in America. What's more, it's an easy read, with engaging stories about startup companies, making it a valuable resource for entrepreneurs and anyone interested in understanding the economies and politics of various countries."
Gerrard Mark
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gerrard-mark.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Gerrard Mark »

This book actually did more than I imagined. I was really suspicious about it. But I thank God I bought it. Great book.
Dickson Bricks
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dickson-bricks.html
Latest Review: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by Randy Miller

Post by Dickson Bricks »

The book met my expectations. I was surprised that this book was able to meet my expectations. For someone that has high taste.
Kelvin Suraj
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kelvin-suraj.html

Post by Kelvin Suraj »

I'm totally satisfied with what I have here. I must say I was even shock to see more inspiring read because the cover was dull.
Ashleigh Henderson 1
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ashleigh-henderson-1.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Code® by Tony Jeton Selimi

Post by Ashleigh Henderson 1 »

Depends on your expectations. It delves into the "why" behind America's entrepreneurial edge, not necessarily a "how-to" guide.
Ray Thompson
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ray-thompson.html
Latest Review: Fireproof Happiness by Dr. Randy Ross

Post by Ray Thompson »

The book did meet my expectations. I came across it at a time in my life when I was very confused about entrepreneurial activities. It was then able to clarify all the questions I had and made me stronger in business aspect. This will surely meet everyone's expectations.
Ouko Okach
Currently Reading:

Post by Ouko Okach »

I was hoping the get important and useful information about entrepreneurship and I must say that I've been impressed so far.
Onyango ochieng
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-onyango-ochieng.html
Latest Review: Zonas de quema by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by Onyango ochieng »

authors' expertise in entrepreneurship, investment, and company building, along with John Landry's background as an independent business historian and writer, make for a comprehensive analysis of the entrepreneurial edge in America.
Wilfred Patrick
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wilfred-patrick.html
Latest Review: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by Randy Miller

Post by Wilfred Patrick »

yes the book lived up to expectation. normally I don't like this kind of books, but I love everything about this book. great book
Lily Rita
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lily-rita.html
Latest Review: The Unbound Soul by Richard L. Haight

Post by Lily Rita »

Yes, "Launchpad Republic" met my expectations. It provided a comprehensive analysis of America's entrepreneurial history, offering valuable insights into the relationship between entrepreneurship and economic growth. The book effectively discussed key themes and drew relevant parallels, making it a valuable read for policymakers and business leaders.
Sonia Lurk
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sonia-lurk.html

Post by Sonia Lurk »

Yes, given that I only recently acquired this book and have spent the entire morning reading it. It has undoubtedly surpassed expectations. I'm eager to continue reading, needless to say.
Chideraa Ezeanwu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chideraa-ezeanwu.html

Post by Chideraa Ezeanwu »

I expected the best from the book and that was what it turned out to be. It was one if the best books I've ever read about entrepreneurship.
Enock Nyangau
Currently Reading:

Post by Enock Nyangau »

It explained historical factors that contributed to the American entrepreneural economy and compared it to that of other countries, which I loved.
pokey Jake
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pokey-jake.html
Latest Review: Nightlord: Sunset by Garon Whited

Post by pokey Jake »

I was pleasantly surprised by this book. My perspective was widened mostly because I was unsure of the precise lessons I would be learning from it. I really liked how it compared the American entrepreneurial economy to other nations and described historical events that influenced it.
Hemry Brent
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hemry-brent.html

Post by Hemry Brent »

I have really enjoyed reading this book, even though I haven't finished it. I was hoping to learn something significant and practical about business before I started reading it, and I have to admit that thus far, I've been impressed.

Return to “Discuss "Launchpad Republic: America's Entrepreneurial Edge and Why It Matters" by Howard Wolk and John Landry”