What did you like most about this book?

This is a discussion forum for the April 2024 Book of the Month, "Launchpad Republic: America's Entrepreneurial Edge and Why It Matters" by Howard Wolk and John Landry
Forum rules
Only people who purchase and read the book can post in this forum. If you purchased the book, please upload a copy of your receipt at:

https://onlinebookclub.org/verify-purch ... ook=573230

If your purchase of a previous Book of the Month was already marked verified, you will already have access to this forum.
rudi dani
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rudi-dani.html
Latest Review: Not Fishy Enough by Briton Kolber
2024 Reading Goal: 50
2024 Goal Completion: 28%

Re: What did you like most about this book?

Post by rudi dani »

This book effectively highlights the role of American entrepreneurship in driving innovation and economic growth. It was a fascinating exploration that is both informative and enjoyable.
Brigid Wandera
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-brigid-wandera.html
Latest Review: Zonas de quema by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by Brigid Wandera »

I liked that the book is well documented and analyzes the evolution of entrepreneurship in America in chronological order, starting from the beginning up to the 21st century. It was an extraordinary journey that allowed me to broaden my horizons.
Kelvin Suraj
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kelvin-suraj.html

Post by Kelvin Suraj »

I loved the fact that the book exposed me to new things. The political discussions were great and insightful.
Kelvin Suraj
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kelvin-suraj.html

Post by Kelvin Suraj »

I loved the fact that the book exposed me to new things. The political discussions were great and insightful.
Ashleigh Henderson 1
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ashleigh-henderson-1.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Code® by Tony Jeton Selimi

Post by Ashleigh Henderson 1 »

The insightful analysis of what makes America a launchpad for entrepreneurs and the potential challenges it faces.
Ray Thompson
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ray-thompson.html
Latest Review: The Unbound Soul by Richard L. Haight

Post by Ray Thompson »

I liked how extensive the book is. It covers a lot about business. It is one thing to write about entrepreneur and a lot of other related content, and it is another to actually have a lot of depth and cover a list of extensive topics. I liked that most about the book.
SweetSourSalty AndSpicy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 246
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sweetsoursalty-andspicy.html
Latest Review: I Wonder Why It's Christmas by Esther Ekunola

Post by SweetSourSalty AndSpicy »

The casual discussion in the book is what I enjoyed the most. A subject that seems technical and needs some prior knowledge becomes more approachable.  As a result, it speaks to a larger audience.
Onyango ochieng
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-onyango-ochieng.html
Latest Review: The Painting by Michael C Reid

Post by Onyango ochieng »

I liked that the book is well documented and analyzes the evolution of entrepreneurship in America in chronological order, starting from the beginning up to the 21st century. It was an extraordinary journey that allowed me to broaden my horizons.
Lily Rita
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lily-rita.html

Post by Lily Rita »

I liked the book's comprehensive examination of America's entrepreneurial history and its ability to draw parallels between historical events and modern challenges. The insights into innovation, property rights, and entrepreneurial competition were particularly enlightening for policymakers and business leaders.
Sonia Lurk
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sonia-lurk.html

Post by Sonia Lurk »

There is a good amount of stuff, but what stands out the most is the entrepreneurial information it contains, from the past and the present, which will guide individuals in how to act as entrepreneurs and maximize their own growth.
Chideraa Ezeanwu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chideraa-ezeanwu.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Chideraa Ezeanwu »

I like that the book contains facts and none of what is discussed in it is twisted for promotion. It just does what it says it will do in its description.
Christine Catarino
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: House of Spies
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christine-catarino.html
Latest Review: Launchpad Republic by Howard Wolk and John Landry

Post by Christine Catarino »

This book was filled with examples of various entrepreneurial successes and perhaps some failures. At the beginning of the book, Howard Wolk and John Landry dove into how Uber started here in the U.S., some of the obstacles thrown their way via red tape, entering other markets, and how they were affected by their global competition. Midway through the book, I was fascinated to read about Alexander Hamilton and his vision for the need for industrial development.
Muhammad Haikal Birton
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-muhammad-haikal-birton.html
Latest Review: Anti-Black Prejudice In America by Anders Eklof

Post by Muhammad Haikal Birton »

Dennis Kiage wrote: 25 Apr 2024, 04:33
Muhammad Haikal Birton wrote: 15 Apr 2024, 00:26 This book is a thrilling journey through the different stages of entrepreneurial development in America over the years, offering a perfect blend of education and information. You will be amazed at how it provides unique insights into the dynamic world of entrepreneurship that will leave you feeling inspired and motivated. Get ready to be swept away by this exciting read!
No one could have explained it better... And this information can generally be adopted by anyone to bring a huge impact to themselves and their businesses.
Thank you so much for your kind words I'm thrilled to hear that the information was helpful and that you believe it can have a significant impact on individuals and their businesses. I completely agree, and I'm always eager to share insights that can make a positive difference in people's lives and professional endeavors.
pokey Jake
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pokey-jake.html
Latest Review: Nightlord: Sunset by Garon Whited

Post by pokey Jake »

This book offers the ideal balance of knowledge and instruction as it takes readers on an exciting journey through the many stages of American entrepreneurship development over time. You'll be astounded by how it offers distinctive perspectives into the ever-evolving realm of entrepreneurship, guaranteed to excite and encourage you. Prepare to be enthralled with this captivating novel!
Hemry Brent
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hemry-brent.html

Post by Hemry Brent »

The author's historical record of America's entrepreneurial culture, spanning from precolonial times to the present, was well-assembled. The author used easier language that was understandable to all. The case studies of large, small, startup, and established entrepreneurial endeavors were carefully selected, and they were a perfect fit for the issues the author was covering.

Return to “Discuss "Launchpad Republic: America's Entrepreneurial Edge and Why It Matters" by Howard Wolk and John Landry”