What did you like most about this book?

This is a discussion forum for the April 2024 Book of the Month, "Launchpad Republic: America's Entrepreneurial Edge and Why It Matters" by Howard Wolk and John Landry
Forum rules
Only people who purchase and read the book can post in this forum. If you purchased the book, please upload a copy of your receipt at:

https://onlinebookclub.org/verify-purch ... ook=573230

If your purchase of a previous Book of the Month was already marked verified, you will already have access to this forum.
Melisa Jane
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: The Dead Speak
Bookshelf Size: 190
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-melisa-jane.html
Latest Review: In It Together (2nd Edition Hardcover from B&N) by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Melisa Jane »

This is a discussion topic for the April 2024 Book of the Month, "Launchpad Republic: America's Entrepreneurial Edge and Why It Matters" by Howard Wolk and John Landry

Attachments
MO240324 (22).jpg
MO240324 (22).jpg (5.87 MiB) Viewed 211 times
Insofar as the word 'should' even has meaning, then we must say that the past is exactly as it should be, everything that happened should have happened, and everything that should happen will happen
:techie-studyingbrown:

~ Scott Hughes
Savina Visintin
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 93
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-savina-visintin.html
Latest Review: You Made Me Momma by Linda Ruth Layer

Post by Savina Visintin »

I liked that the book is well documented and analyzes the evolution of entrepreneurship in America in chronological order, starting from the beginning up to the 21st century. It was an extraordinary journey that allowed me to broaden my horizons.
Tijesuni Ayobami
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tijesuni-ayobami.html
Latest Review: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by Randy Miller

Post by Tijesuni Ayobami »

Its fluid pace and plot. It was documented serenpidously and I enjoyed how it gave examples of incidents that related to the explanation of each topic in the book. It also explained and documented how entrepreneurship evolved in America till 21st century.
Muhammad Haikal Birton
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-muhammad-haikal-birton.html
Latest Review: Anti-Black Prejudice In America by Anders Eklof

Post by Muhammad Haikal Birton »

This book is a thrilling journey through the different stages of entrepreneurial development in America over the years, offering a perfect blend of education and information. You will be amazed at how it provides unique insights into the dynamic world of entrepreneurship that will leave you feeling inspired and motivated. Get ready to be swept away by this exciting read!
Muhammad Haikal Birton
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-muhammad-haikal-birton.html
Latest Review: Anti-Black Prejudice In America by Anders Eklof

Post by Muhammad Haikal Birton »

One of my favorite start-up success stories is Uber, discussed in the book "Launchpad Republic: America's Entrepreneurial Edge and Why It Matters". The book talks about how Uber shook up the taxi industry by using tech to connect riders with drivers, which made getting a ride much easier and more efficient compared to traditional taxi companies. The authors also mention how Uber's rise to success is a great example of the importance of property rights and the freedom to compete in America's entrepreneurial landscape, as it allowed Uber to challenge established taxi companies and change the way people get around cities.
mark liu
Currently Reading: If Time Stood Still
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mark-liu.html
Latest Review: Impromptu by Reid Hoffman

Post by mark liu »

There’s a lot to like about this book here. From its in depth dive into modern day entrepreneurship and its implications on the wider public, to tracing the origins of big business back to their origins. Each aspect followed closely by careful chronological and historically accurate retelling.
Andrew Darlington
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-andrew-darlington.html
Latest Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

Post by Andrew Darlington »

I so much liked the fact that proper research was carried before writing this book which authenticates the fact contained in it.
Dennis Kiage
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dennis-kiage.html
Latest Review: Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise by John K Danenbarger

Post by Dennis Kiage »

Quite a lot, but the most striking is the entrepreneurial info it has, both from the past and present day that will help people know how to act in terms of entrepreneurship and how best they can grow.
Dennis Kiage
Currently Reading:

Post by Dennis Kiage »

Muhammad Haikal Birton wrote: 15 Apr 2024, 00:28 One of my favorite start-up success stories is Uber, discussed in the book "Launchpad Republic: America's Entrepreneurial Edge and Why It Matters". The book talks about how Uber shook up the taxi industry by using tech to connect riders with drivers, which made getting a ride much easier and more efficient compared to traditional taxi companies. The authors also mention how Uber's rise to success is a great example of the importance of property rights and the freedom to compete in America's entrepreneurial landscape, as it allowed Uber to challenge established taxi companies and change the way people get around cities.
I remember that bit too! This and a ton of other interesting topics make it truly likeable.
Dennis Kiage
Currently Reading:

Post by Dennis Kiage »

Muhammad Haikal Birton wrote: 15 Apr 2024, 00:26 This book is a thrilling journey through the different stages of entrepreneurial development in America over the years, offering a perfect blend of education and information. You will be amazed at how it provides unique insights into the dynamic world of entrepreneurship that will leave you feeling inspired and motivated. Get ready to be swept away by this exciting read!
No one could have explained it better... And this information can generally be adopted by anyone to bring a huge impact to themselves and their businesses.
Amos Osinya
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amos-osinya.html
Latest Review: Launchpad Republic by Howard Wolk and John Landry

Post by Amos Osinya »

I liked how the author put together historical documentation of America's entrepreneurial culture from the precolonial period to the current state. The author did this using simpler terms that everyone would understand. The examples were chosen and case studies of big, small, startup, or incumbent entrepreneurial ventures fit perfectly into the topics of the author was discussing.
Tom Gada
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tom-gada.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Tom Gada »

What I particularly liked most about this book was its ability to weave together various historical, cultural, and policy factors into a comprehensive narrative of America’s economic development.
Stephen Somto E
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12

Post by Stephen Somto E »

I like the economic and political discussions in the book. Also, I love how the book explained the influences of these two factors to the society at large.
rudi dani
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 9
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rudi-dani.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Code® by Tony Jeton Selimi
2024 Reading Goal: 50
2024 Goal Completion: 6%

Post by rudi dani »

Well-researched historical perspective on American economic history.
rudi dani
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 9
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rudi-dani.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Code® by Tony Jeton Selimi
2024 Reading Goal: 50
2024 Goal Completion: 6%

Post by rudi dani »

It succeeded in blending historical analysis with practical takeaways. Also it’s accessible writing style despite scholarly nature was a great touch.

Return to “Discuss "Launchpad Republic: America's Entrepreneurial Edge and Why It Matters" by Howard Wolk and John Landry”