Did this book change your view on entrepreneurship?

This is a discussion forum for the April 2024 Book of the Month, "Launchpad Republic: America's Entrepreneurial Edge and Why It Matters" by Howard Wolk and John Landry
Forum rules
Only people who purchase and read the book can post in this forum. If you purchased the book, please upload a copy of your receipt at:

https://onlinebookclub.org/verify-purch ... ook=573230

If your purchase of a previous Book of the Month was already marked verified, you will already have access to this forum.
Rashad Deniro Price
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 115
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rashad-deniro-price.html
Latest Review: The Hero of Hawk's Nest Beach: A Sea Turtle Rescue by Barbara Gervais Ciancimino

Re: Did this book change your view on entrepreneurship?

Post by Rashad Deniro Price »

Sure, the book changed some of my previous perspectives about entrepreneurship, although there are moments the author sounds incredibly subjective. The American dream and the evolving status quos in businesses and innovations are amazing things we can look back to and smile.
Chikamnele Favour
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chikamnele-favour.html
Latest Review: The DrugTech Trilogy by Marcel Victor Sahade

Post by Chikamnele Favour »

Let's say I started trying out entrepreneurship life right from tender age. This book didn't only change my mindset on what being an entrepreneur entails, it broadened it to what I couldn't see then. I'm glad this book came at the right time.
Chikamnele Favour
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chikamnele-favour.html
Latest Review: The DrugTech Trilogy by Marcel Victor Sahade

Post by Chikamnele Favour »

Let's say I started trying out entrepreneurship life right from tender age. This book didn't only change my mindset on what being an entrepreneur entails, it broadened it to what I couldn't see then. I'm glad this book came at the right time.
Isaac Oh
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 89
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-isaac-oh.html
Latest Review: Trees For the Forest by Paul Ownman

Post by Isaac Oh »

It didn't really resonate with me because it was not relatable to the way businesses are run in my country.
Miriam Ratemo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 67
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-miriam-ratemo.html
Latest Review: Untouchable by Charles Alexander

Post by Miriam Ratemo »

Romance isn’t my thing but I recognise this book has more than just a love story. There are other intrigues running parallel which gives this book another dimension. The first few pages are exciting and the book continues in this easy to read fashion.
Miriam Ratemo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 67
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-miriam-ratemo.html
Latest Review: Untouchable by Charles Alexander

Post by Miriam Ratemo »

Romance isn’t my thing but I recognise this book has more than just a love story. There are other intrigues running parallel which gives this book another dimension. The first few pages are exciting and the book continues in this easy to read fashion.
Tom Gada
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tom-gada.html
Latest Review: The Unbound Soul by Richard L. Haight

Post by Tom Gada »

Yes.
Launchpad Republic provided me with a renewed perspective on entrepreneurship, highlighting its essential role in the evolution of the American economy. The book illuminated the importance of factors such as cultural norms, political decisions, legal frameworks, and even geographic and historical factors that have shaped the nation's unique approach to entrepreneurship.

Moreover, I have come to appreciate the fact that entrepreneurship is not just about individual wealth creation, but also about job creation, innovation, and overall economic growth. It is a process that not only transforms industries but also shapes societies, communities, and entire nations.
rudi dani
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rudi-dani.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings
2024 Reading Goal: 50
2024 Goal Completion: 24%

Post by rudi dani »

This book was a strong reminder of the importance of entrepreneurship in driving innovation and economic growth. The author effectively compared the US entrepreneurial landscape to others, using real-world examples. Insights into the challenges faced by both startups and established companies were valuable. While the book didn't offer entirely groundbreaking ideas, it provided a well-researched and engaging exploration of the topic.
Gerrard Mark
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gerrard-mark.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings

Post by Gerrard Mark »

Yes it changed. I never wanted to be one. But I think this is the best time to be an entrepreneur. It is the backbone of the society.
Dickson Bricks
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dickson-bricks.html
Latest Review: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by Randy Miller

Post by Dickson Bricks »

The book did not for once change my view on entrepreneurship. It only consolidated my view on it. It was a really nice book .
Kelvin Suraj
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kelvin-suraj.html

Post by Kelvin Suraj »

Well, the book was an eye opener to some extent. I've read a lot of books like this and I must say there wasn't much difference but some points were unique and great.
Ashleigh Henderson 1
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ashleigh-henderson-1.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Code® by Tony Jeton Selimi

Post by Ashleigh Henderson 1 »

It might reinforce existing views or introduce the idea that cultural factors play a significant role in entrepreneurial success.
Ray Thompson
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ray-thompson.html
Latest Review: The Unbound Soul by Richard L. Haight

Post by Ray Thompson »

The book changed my view on entrepreneurship. It broadened my horizon. I used to be very limited in my capacity of thinking about business, but this book made me think very deeply. It totally redefined my view on entrepreneurship.
Daniel Obi 2
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-daniel-obi-2.html
Latest Review: Fireproof Happiness by Dr. Randy Ross

Post by Daniel Obi 2 »

Launchpad Republic" definitely shifted my perspective on entrepreneurship. It highlighted the cultural factors that fuel American innovation and the importance of fostering a supportive environment for startups.
Jacy Covers
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jacy-covers.html
Latest Review: Soul Seeker by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Jacy Covers »

No, I don't think it changed my view because I already had the same view. It however, widened my view on entrepreneurship.

Return to “Discuss "Launchpad Republic: America's Entrepreneurial Edge and Why It Matters" by Howard Wolk and John Landry”