Which entrepreneurs mentioned in this book do you admire the most? Why?

This is a discussion forum for the April 2024 Book of the Month, "Launchpad Republic: America's Entrepreneurial Edge and Why It Matters" by Howard Wolk and John Landry
Forum rules
Only people who purchase and read the book can post in this forum. If you purchased the book, please upload a copy of your receipt at:

https://onlinebookclub.org/verify-purch ... ook=573230

If your purchase of a previous Book of the Month was already marked verified, you will already have access to this forum.
Melisa Jane
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: The Dead Speak
Bookshelf Size: 190
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-melisa-jane.html
Latest Review: In It Together (2nd Edition Hardcover from B&N) by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Melisa Jane »

This is a discussion topic for the April 2024 Book of the Month, "Launchpad Republic: America's Entrepreneurial Edge and Why It Matters" by Howard Wolk and John Landry

Attachments
MO240324 (17).jpg
MO240324 (17).jpg (2.99 MiB) Viewed 423 times
Insofar as the word 'should' even has meaning, then we must say that the past is exactly as it should be, everything that happened should have happened, and everything that should happen will happen
:techie-studyingbrown:

~ Scott Hughes
Bradley Twesten
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bradley-twesten.html
Latest Review: Truth and Evil by G. Edward Martin

Post by Bradley Twesten »

Sure there was Andrew Carnegie, Henry Ford, John D. Rockefeller and other pillars of industry, but no one compares to the OG American inventor Ben Franklin. I don't know how he did financially, but his contributions to science have always been amazing. Isn't every school kid first enamored with science picturing him getting electrocuted with his key and kite?

I do wish that Elon and Bezos would direct more of their money into engineering that can reverse climate change. Sure it was great not having to shovel much this winter, but the floods and horrible events happening worldwide have to reversed. Musk is throwing his efforts into escaping to Mars. How about saving the rest of us stranded on earth? I'm sure there is money to be made in it.
Cristiano Bellucci
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cristiano-bellucci.html
Latest Review: Consider It Done by Akomolede Oladapo Amos
2024 Reading Goal: 5
2024 Goal Completion: 540%

Post by Cristiano Bellucci »

I like Andrew Carnegie and his imprenditorial spirit. He changed the way transportation works. He managed to make a fortune even if railway is not as important as it is in other countries.
Book allow you to fully explore a topic and immerse yourself in a deeper way than most media today. Mark Zuckerberg.
Donna Walker
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: The Vitality System
Bookshelf Size: 213
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-donna-walker.html
Latest Review: How to be a SuperStar Salesperson by Audri White

Post by Donna Walker »

I am currently reading "How to Own Your Mind" by Napoleon Hill, where he is interviewing Andrew Carnegie. I do most certainly admire both of these men. They were pioneers.

Return to “Discuss "Launchpad Republic: America's Entrepreneurial Edge and Why It Matters" by Howard Wolk and John Landry”