Have you read or willing to read this book?

Use this forum to discuss the May 2024 Book of the Month, "Neither Safe Nor Effective (2nd Edition): The Evidence Against the COVID Vaccines" by Dr. Colleen Huber
Forum rules
Only people who purchase and read the book can post in this forum. If you purchased the book, please upload a copy of your receipt at:

https://onlinebookclub.org/verify-purch ... ook=600637

If your purchase of a previous Book of the Month was already marked verified, you will already have access to this forum.
Mary Clarkee
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: We Are Voulhire
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mary-clarkee.html
Latest Review: A Holistic Strategy to Beat Cancer by Nguyen Minh Hai

Re: Have you read or willing to read this book?

Post by Mary Clarkee »

I am interested to read the book. I have downloaded the copy I was a witness of COVID-19 so I would also love to know about it better.
Bron Bakers
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 82
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bron-bakers.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by Bron Bakers »

I am currently reading this book. I am more than willing to continue reading it till the very end. It is an amazing book.
Badger Martin
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-badger-martin.html
Latest Review: Of Zots and Xoodles by Zarqnon the Embarrassed

Post by Badger Martin »

I have downloaded the kindle version of this book and I am very much willing to read especially for the fact that it discussed the global pandemic which affected everyone.
INZAMAMUL HAQUE3
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 65
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-inzamamul-haque3.html
Latest Review: Fast Starting a Career of Consequence: Workbook by Fred Sievert

Post by INZAMAMUL HAQUE3 »

I typically wouldn't gravitate towards literature centered on the topic of COVID; however, I am intrigued by the author's perspective on the efficacy and safety of vaccines. Given the extensive promotion of vaccine safety by governments, it is disconcerting to note the unfortunate passing of a healthy family member subsequent to receiving the inoculation.
Ivy_Nesty28
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ivy-nesty28.html
Latest Review: The Mission by Tara Basi

Post by Ivy_Nesty28 »

I haven't yet read this book but I will be reading it. In this current scenario, there were several news about the vaccines and I believe that this book will help me gain more clarity on the same, so I'll be reading this.
Hy Be
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: The Impossible Mock Orange Trial
Bookshelf Size: 288
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hy-be.html
Latest Review: Wilderness Cry by Hilary L Hunt M.D.

Post by Hy Be »

After finding impressive reviews and catchy title , I am indeed interested to read the book. With ongoing debate on safety of vaccines, I would definitely would like to get clear picture on the topic.
Julie Basil
Favorite Book: The Little Prince
Currently Reading: Circe
Bookshelf Size: 204
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-julie-basil.html
Latest Review: Voices from a Forgotten Letter by Seif-Eldeine
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Julie Basil »

I have not read this book and don't think I am going to get to it before the end of this month, so I probably won't read it.
"It is only with the heart that one can see clearly, what's essential is invisible to the eye." ~ Antoine St. Exupery
Nancy004
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 135
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nancy004.html
Latest Review: The Way of the Goddess by Ananta Ripa Ajmera

Post by Nancy004 »

I haven't finished the book yet, but I definitely plan to. As a medical student, this topic really piques my interest. The use of vaccines and medicines without thorough safety measures is something that needs more discussion. When a quick cure is needed, studies and safety measures can take a backseat. Controlling the disease became more important than considering long-term side effects, which can be seen as a negligent approach. However, if action hadn’t been taken promptly, many more lives could have been lost to Covid. It's a very complex and grey area for discussion.
Seetha E
Currently Reading: The prodigy slave
Bookshelf Size: 183
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-seetha-e.html
Latest Review: Ultra Top Secret SCI by Elton M Hudgins jr

Post by Seetha E »

The COVID-19 phase with parents over 70 and 2 daughter's in their teens and husband employed overseas, all seemed utter chaos in the initial stages. (There was a phase where once COVID-19 was detected the patient was sent to an isolation center without visiting rights for the family)

I am certainly interested in what the naturopathy practitioner opines abt the whole episode. I too am pro ayurvedic/homeopathy/siddha / naturopathy lines of meds where ever possible.

I want to know if the said line of medicine had better & safer alternatives to what was available. As it is a 477 pages book, I will be picking it up when I am mentally prepared as we have lost family members during that phase and know of close friends ... healthiest of person who passed away before the vaccine was known.
Jane Honda
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jane-honda.html
Latest Review: Inspirational Love by Vernon John Sinnott

Post by Jane Honda »

I am definitely going to read the book COVID is a word I can't forget in a hurry. I would always love to see people's view on it.
Shiru Elizabeth
Currently Reading: The Riddle of Alchemy
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shiru-elizabeth.html
Latest Review: From Flames to Valor by Jose L Berrios

Post by Shiru Elizabeth »

Though I'm not sure if it's the proper book for me, I kind of want to. There is a great deal of disagreement on COVID vaccinations. Determining what is true is difficult. Hard evidence would be required before I could believe anything.
Carlos Mata Saenz
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-carlos-mata-saenz.html
Latest Review: Alpha Buddies Land by Donna Marie Rink

Post by Carlos Mata Saenz »

Personally I’m not very interested on reading it. I lived the Covid-19 from the hospital ward, working on the first Covid-19 ward in my city. I saw patients younger than me being admitted, intubated and dying every week without us being able to do anything to stop it. I had to tell the same person that their mum and dad had passed away within three days of difference, without them being able to give their last goodbye. I have had to treat colleagues and friends. I had to organise a protocol for belongings collection because we didn’t have space to store them any more and they had to wait days before family members could come to collect them. And when it started to improve, and we were having a death every few days instead of every day, then I got sick, I needed chemotherapy and I saw how I had to fully isolate of almost everyone I knew because having any contact with someone infected could have (literally) killed me. And go on my own to the appointments. And spend some of the most difficult weeks of my life almost on my own. So as professional and as a person, getting the covid vaccine in the marked was without any doubt a game changer. Yep, people died from complications of the vaccine, as many people die every year from taking ibuprofen or by mixing alternative remedies in the wrong way. That’s obviously a tragedy and would have been amazing if had been avoided. But many more died from covid.
Carlos Mata Saenz
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-carlos-mata-saenz.html
Latest Review: Alpha Buddies Land by Donna Marie Rink

Post by Carlos Mata Saenz »

And I just want to clarify I don’t pretend with my previous message to change other people’s mind or make them thing as me. I just hope to explain what I think and why do I think so. I feel that sometimes seeing things from other perspectives make you understand other opinions.
Jevonte Malik
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jevonte-malik.html
Latest Review: The Solution is Political Revolution by Jillion R Rising

Post by Jevonte Malik »

I'm already halfway done with it. Y'all do not wanna miss this one, I tell you.
Amanda Meira
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amanda-meira.html
Latest Review: Fireproof Happiness by Dr. Randy Ross

Post by Amanda Meira »

I started it, but I don't know if I'll finish it. Despite being in favor of vaccines, I like reading the arguments of those who aren't because I think it's very valid and I can always learn from it. However, I found the arguments so far superficial. I don't know whether the author will explore further and explain her points better later on, but for now, I don't know if I will continue.

Return to “Discuss "Neither Safe Nor Effective (2nd Edition): The Evidence Against the COVID Vaccines" by Dr. Colleen Huber”