Apart from the book, What are your thoughts on vaccines?

Use this forum to discuss the May 2024 Book of the Month, "Neither Safe Nor Effective (2nd Edition): The Evidence Against the COVID Vaccines" by Dr. Colleen Huber
Forum rules
Only people who purchase and read the book can post in this forum. If you purchased the book, please upload a copy of your receipt at:

https://onlinebookclub.org/verify-purch ... ook=600637

If your purchase of a previous Book of the Month was already marked verified, you will already have access to this forum.
Chideraa Ezeanwu
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chideraa-ezeanwu.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer

Re: Apart from the book, What are your thoughts on vaccines?

Post by Chideraa Ezeanwu »

I personally think that vaccines are very important and is a preemptive way if fighting diseases before they turn into a problem like a full-blown pandemic.
Mercy Bolo
Currently Reading: In It Together
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mercy-bolo.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by Mercy Bolo »

I think vaccines are a modern medical miracle, have saved the lives of countless people, and has helped to eradicate many diseases. However, the research and implementation of new vaccines shouldn't be rushed as the covid vaccine was. Big pharma, not wanting to miss out on the windfall, pushed a premature product onto the masses.
João Ramos
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jo-o-ramos.html
Latest Review: Neither Safe Nor Effective (2nd Edition) by Dr. Colleen Huber

Post by João Ramos »

I think a clear difference needs to be drawn between vaccines developed over decades that can be critically evaluated for their long-term results and those developed hastily. Even though Colleen Huber has a negative view of them all, I tend to trust the first ones more.
Hykaryh
Currently Reading: The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hykaryh.html
Latest Review: Enlightenment for the Things that Really Matter by Mark Gumbrell
2024 Reading Goal: 10
2024 Goal Completion: 130%

Post by Hykaryh »

Personally, vaccines really do have a place in prevention. We are not living in the Middle Ages, we can do so that our children live into adulthood.
Like all drugs, it can have side effects, but without it, infant mortality would still be a big problem in developed countries nowadays. Overall, I vote for the vaccine.
sanjeev maurya
Currently Reading: In It Together
Bookshelf Size: 67
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sanjeev-maurya.html
Latest Review: Are You Love Smart or Love Stupid by Dr. Rachel Sims

Post by sanjeev maurya »

Vaccines are rigorously tested for safety and effectiveness before being approved. While some people may have mild side effects, serious reactions are rare. The benefits of vaccination in preventing illness and protecting communities are greater than the risks.

Individuals must make informed decisions about vaccination based on reliable scientific evidence and advice from healthcare providers. Vaccination not only protects individuals but also helps create herd immunity, which reduces the spread of diseases in communities.

Regarding Covishield, very rare side effects may occur, but these are extremely uncommon. Some reports suggest a potential link between Covishield and rare blood clotting disorders, like thrombosis with thrombocytopenia syndrome (TTS). However, the overall risk of these side effects is considered very low, and the benefits of vaccination against COVID-19 outweigh the risks for most people.

It's important to note that the safety of vaccines, including Covishield, is closely monitored by regulatory agencies and public health authorities. Any reports of adverse events are thoroughly investigated to determine their potential link to the vaccine.
Stephanie Runyon
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Destiny Hawkins
Favorite Book: The Omicron Six
Currently Reading: Deadly Sexy Lizzy
Bookshelf Size: 1664
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stephanie-runyon.html
Latest Review: Neither Safe Nor Effective (2nd Edition) by Dr. Colleen Huber
Reading Device: B07R3HTWLN
fav_author_id: 100303
2024 Reading Goal: 50
2024 Goal Completion: 90%

Post by Stephanie Runyon »

Vaccines aren't always considered negatively. The issue I had with the COVID vaccine is it was not thoroughly tested and it did not prevent the infection. The three companies rushed to profit from the misfortune of the public. Looking at the numbers makes me wonder if this was a form of population control. Instilling fear in the masses allows for controlling the people (see Hitler's Third Reich for reference).
"Facts don't care about feelings." Ben Shapiro
"Don't try to keep up with me, I live on the edge too thin to see." Ryan Upchurch
"See, one man's inconvenience is another's joy." NF
Badger Martin
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-badger-martin.html
Latest Review: Of Zots and Xoodles by Zarqnon the Embarrassed

Post by Badger Martin »

If there was anything I was blind to before this book it would be the side effects of vaccines. I had never given that so much thought.
Kutloano Makhuvhela
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kutloano-makhuvhela.html
Latest Review: Sip Lake by joseph basara

Post by Kutloano Makhuvhela »

Vaccines play a crucial role in fighting the spread of diseases and viruses, and I think today we downplay that because we don't see people dying as they used to before. But when the big pharma are in cahoots with the government and cutting corners in order to maximises their profits, that's when it gets dangerous and end up causing harm.
Joshua Sawders
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13

Post by Joshua Sawders »

Vaccines are indispensable tools in safeguarding public health by preventing infectious diseases. They not only protect individuals from illness but also confer community immunity, shielding vulnerable populations who cannot receive vaccines themselves. Through widespread vaccination, humanity has eradicated diseases like smallpox and significantly reduced the burden of others, such as polio and measles. I think Vaccines represent a triumph of science, saving millions of lives and serving great purposes, animals included
Ruka N
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 73
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ruka-n.html
Latest Review: Parabolic Magnetic Key by Nicholas Wudtke

Post by Ruka N »

I like vaccines. Not just because we have 2 doctors in my family but because they have done a lot for humanity. I think pharmaceutical companies not being transparent and being more about profit that has ruined the peoples trust in vaccines. It’s made me a bit of a skeptic now.
Sameeha Ismail
Currently Reading: Jane Austen at Home
Bookshelf Size: 232
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sameeha-ismail.html
Latest Review: Not Fishy Enough by Briton Kolber

Post by Sameeha Ismail »

Before I took my vaccine, I kept hearing a lot of side effects because of the injection. So, I wouldn't have been surprised if I'd had a heart attack after I took the injection. It is dramatic, but I was imagining such a scenario at the time. Lol.
One book, printed in the heart's own wax Is worth a thousand in the stacks.
INZAMAMUL HAQUE3
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 65
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-inzamamul-haque3.html
Latest Review: Fast Starting a Career of Consequence: Workbook by Fred Sievert

Post by INZAMAMUL HAQUE3 »

Covishield, an Indian vaccine, has been found to have various side effects, ranging from mild to severe. Do you think that all vaccines are equal and adhere to the claim that they are "neither safe nor effective"? Personally, I believe that vaccines are incredible innovations. Rather than relying solely on your body's natural immune response, vaccines assist in building immunity to different diseases. Through vaccination, the likelihood of contracting a specific disease is significantly reduced, thus helping to prevent widespread outbreaks.
Shiru Elizabeth
Currently Reading: The Riddle of Alchemy
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shiru-elizabeth.html
Latest Review: From Flames to Valor by Jose L Berrios

Post by Shiru Elizabeth »

More severe adverse effects are relatively infrequent, but they can happen in very rare situations. According to certain studies, there may be a connection between Covishield and uncommon blood clotting conditions such thrombosis with thrombocytopenia syndrome (TTS). For most individuals, however, the advantages of vaccination in preventing COVID-19 outweigh the dangers, and the total risk of these uncommon adverse effects is thought to be extremely low.
Carlos Mata Saenz
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-carlos-mata-saenz.html
Latest Review: Alpha Buddies Land by Donna Marie Rink

Post by Carlos Mata Saenz »

I talk as a healthcare professional but as well as a person with my own perspectives and thoughts. I think vaccines are one of the most important outcomes of medicine in the history. A lot of diseases have almost disappeared thanks to vaccines, and if they haven’t gone completely is because there are people who don’t get vaccinated. Even those vaccines that don’t exclude the risk of infection (as flu or covid) show benefits of you get infected.
Amanda Meira
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amanda-meira.html
Latest Review: Fireproof Happiness by Dr. Randy Ross

Post by Amanda Meira »

I think of vaccination as a social deal. It is a way we protect those who cannot be vaccinated due to health problems and are, generally, at a higher risk. These people may be just strangers to me, but they are someone's family, and I fully respect that. Mass vaccination has proven to be one of the most effective ways to protect the population, see by polio; it has been considered eradicated since the '90s. When any cases occur, they are isolated and usually come from abroad. I work in the research area, and I know very well what the research stages are like. Here, the health policies are strict, making them even more reliable. Vaccines save lives!

Return to “Discuss "Neither Safe Nor Effective (2nd Edition): The Evidence Against the COVID Vaccines" by Dr. Colleen Huber”