Do you think this book will affect one's opinion on vaccines in general, not just COVID-19 vaccines?

Use this forum to discuss the May 2024 Book of the Month, "Neither Safe Nor Effective (2nd Edition): The Evidence Against the COVID Vaccines" by Dr. Colleen Huber
Forum rules
Only people who purchase and read the book can post in this forum. If you purchased the book, please upload a copy of your receipt at:

https://onlinebookclub.org/verify-purch ... ook=600637

If your purchase of a previous Book of the Month was already marked verified, you will already have access to this forum.
Melisa Jane
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: The Dead Speak
Bookshelf Size: 190
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-melisa-jane.html
Latest Review: In It Together (2nd Edition Hardcover from B&N) by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Do you think this book will affect one's opinion on vaccines in general, not just COVID-19 vaccines?

Post by Melisa Jane »

This is a discussion topic for the May 2024 Book of the Month, "Neither Safe Nor Effective (2nd Edition): The Evidence Against the COVID Vaccines" by Dr. Colleen Huber

Attachments
MO240503 (16).jpg
MO240503 (16).jpg (4.11 MiB) Viewed 154 times
Insofar as the word 'should' even has meaning, then we must say that the past is exactly as it should be, everything that happened should have happened, and everything that should happen will happen
:techie-studyingbrown:

~ Scott Hughes
Vincent Ondieki
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vincent-ondieki.html
Latest Review: Of Zots and Xoodles by Zarqnon the Embarrassed

Post by Vincent Ondieki »

Yes, after reading this people who got vaccinated will be affected mentally and those who haven't vaccinated will never want to be vaccinated hence making their health at threat from Covid 19
Do Thi Huong
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: In It Together
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-do-thi-huong.html
Latest Review: Neither Safe Nor Effective (2nd Edition) by Dr. Colleen Huber

Post by Do Thi Huong »

Definitely. Part 5 of the book covers a lot of detail about vaccines in general, including what's in a vaccine, how it interacts with our immune system. I think readers will become more skeptical as they learn more about vaccines.
Jevonte Malik
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jevonte-malik.html
Latest Review: Relish Your Retirement by Florance Philip

Post by Jevonte Malik »

I can't even imagine what does who have already been vaccinated will feel like after reading this.
Eugine Ingalwa
Currently Reading: The Three Card Trick
Bookshelf Size: 74
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eugine-ingalwa.html
Latest Review: In It Together by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes

Post by Eugine Ingalwa »

Yes, this book will affect people's opinions on vaccines in different ways. Before the pandemic, people would accept vaccination against other diseases without questioning or trying to understand how they work. Additionally, the vaccines came with minimal side effects that could normally resolve on their own. The COVID-19 vaccines came with a lot of controversy regarding their mode of action and their side effects. Seeing people develop serious conditions related to the vaccines discourages them from accepting even other vaccines that existed before. Unfortunately, I witnessed a lot of side effects that were not pleasant at all.
Bradley Twesten
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bradley-twesten.html
Latest Review: The Unbound Soul by Richard L. Haight

Post by Bradley Twesten »

I was very skeptical and angry with my friends that were refusing to take the vaccine. I kept asking myself why they wouldn't do their part to get us to herd immunity? It is a vaccine! We have had vaccines for decades!! Now reading this book and seeing the data, I am very concerned. I received the vaccine, as did my family. And then weeks to months later, we all got Covid. We re-assured ourselves with thoughts of how bad it was, but how much worse it could have been if we weren't vaccinated. Now all those thoughts are thrown out the window and I am concerned about the long term damage I might have done to my body.

As someone who works in data, you can always pull the data you want to tell your side of the story or back your opinion. So I would love to see if there is another MD's book that states all the research data that the vaccine was a good thing. If one exists.
Eromosele Success
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eromosele-success.html
Latest Review: In It Together by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
2024 Reading Goal: 50
2024 Goal Completion: 8%

Post by Eromosele Success »

I actually think that this will affect the general outlook on all new and existing vaccines. No one has actually taken the time to research all vaccines produced as much as the COVID-19 vaccine. This will put many vaccines on the spotlight.
Bradley Twesten
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bradley-twesten.html
Latest Review: The Unbound Soul by Richard L. Haight

Post by Bradley Twesten »

I've tried to discuss vaccines with my wife after reading this book. I am more open minded about the topic, but she leans more towards vaccines and doesn't want to hear the details.

Return to “Discuss "Neither Safe Nor Effective (2nd Edition): The Evidence Against the COVID Vaccines" by Dr. Colleen Huber”