Do you trust what "Neither Safe Nor Effective" says?

Use this forum to discuss the May 2024 Book of the Month, "Neither Safe Nor Effective (2nd Edition): The Evidence Against the COVID Vaccines" by Dr. Colleen Huber
Forum rules
Only people who purchase and read the book can post in this forum. If you purchased the book, please upload a copy of your receipt at:

https://onlinebookclub.org/verify-purch ... ook=600637

If your purchase of a previous Book of the Month was already marked verified, you will already have access to this forum.
Seval Duygu Ozler
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: Anatomy of Revenge
Bookshelf Size: 59
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-seval-duygu-ozler.html
Latest Review: Mysteries Of the First Instant by Daniel Friedmann
fav_author_id: 2484
2024 Reading Goal: 100
2024 Goal Completion: 32%

Do you trust what "Neither Safe Nor Effective" says?

Post by Seval Duygu Ozler »

There are many books on Covid in the market. We have no way of verifying their sources. Do you trust what "Neither Safe Nor Effective" says?
Attachments
Screenshot 2024-05-25 at 00.15.26.png
Screenshot 2024-05-25 at 00.15.26.png (2.64 MiB) Viewed 198 times
Bradley Twesten
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bradley-twesten.html
Latest Review: The Unbound Soul by Richard L. Haight

Post by Bradley Twesten »

I'm looking forward to reading this book. Especially since I saw so much evidence encouraging getting the vaccine, I am curious about the evidence that is against it.
Shirley Ann Riddern Labzentis
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 269
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shirley-ann-riddern-labzentis.html
Latest Review: The Story Of... by Shirley B Novack
2024 Reading Goal: 30
2024 Goal Completion: 103%

Post by Shirley Ann Riddern Labzentis »

Everyone has an opinion on this subject, especially those that are in the medical field. Of course, they are going to persuade you to come over to their way of thinking by throwing at you all of the research that they have done. Have they included any of the research from the other side's perspective? No, I think not. So, you have to read the book and decide for yourself whether you want to believe its contents or not. I took the evidence in the book with a grain of sand.
"Life is like a box of chocolates. You never know which one you are going to get!"
Bettny Andrade
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 127
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bettny-andrade.html
Latest Review: The Prodigy Slave, Book One: Journey to Winter Garden by Londyn Skye

Post by Bettny Andrade »

I am attracted to this book, I have only read a little about it and I would like to delve deeper into the subject since I have a very particular thought about issues related to vaccination. I don't trust any particular position, but I do like reading other points of view.
Jessica Azuka
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jessica-azuka.html
Latest Review: By The Rivers of Babylon by Mary Glickman

Post by Jessica Azuka »

I am looking forward to reading this book. One thing I'm going to looking out for is the evidences or researches that backs up the book's content and authenticates it.
Seval Duygu Ozler
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: Anatomy of Revenge
Bookshelf Size: 59
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-seval-duygu-ozler.html
Latest Review: Mysteries Of the First Instant by Daniel Friedmann
fav_author_id: 2484
2024 Reading Goal: 100
2024 Goal Completion: 32%

Post by Seval Duygu Ozler »

After these comments, I think we should definitely read it. Thank you very much for your contribution.
Carly Sprout
Currently Reading: Outlander
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-carly-sprout.html
Latest Review: Final Notice by Van Fleisher

Post by Carly Sprout »

It's essential to recognise that even well-intentioned authors, like Dr Colleen, can fall prey to confirmation bias.
I believe that as a naturopath, the author effectively presents their opinion on Covid-19 and vaccines. However it is just that, an opinion. Information was interpreted and presented according to their beliefs. As readers we have the responsibility to do our own due diligence when it comes to deciding on the credibility of information. we ought to consider factors such as the author's expertise on the matter, or whether the studies used in this book adhered to rigorous scientific standards and whether those studies actually appropriately tested effectiveness of vaccinations - the subject at hand. It becomes especially important when these kinds of discussions have real life impact on the general public's trust in healthcare systems and may discourage healthcare seeking behaviours.

Return to “Discuss "Neither Safe Nor Effective (2nd Edition): The Evidence Against the COVID Vaccines" by Dr. Colleen Huber”