Seeking Your Thoughts on COVID Vaccines Before I Read This Book

Use this forum to discuss the May 2024 Book of the Month, "Neither Safe Nor Effective (2nd Edition): The Evidence Against the COVID Vaccines" by Dr. Colleen Huber
Forum rules
Only people who purchase and read the book can post in this forum. If you purchased the book, please upload a copy of your receipt at:

https://onlinebookclub.org/verify-purch ... ook=600637

If your purchase of a previous Book of the Month was already marked verified, you will already have access to this forum.
Rajat Shrinet
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Neither Safe Nor Effective (2nd Edition)
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rajat-shrinet.html
Latest Review: Play Golf Better Faster: The Classic Guide to Optimizing Your Performance and Building Your Best Fast by Kalliope Barlis

Seeking Your Thoughts on COVID Vaccines Before I Read This Book

Post by Rajat Shrinet »

Hi everyone,
I'm about to dive into this book, and I'm curious to hear your thoughts before I start reading. As we all know, the topic of COVID-19 vaccines has sparked a wide range of opinions and experiences. I'd love to understand where you stand on this important issue.

Questions to Consider:
Personal Experience:
How was your experience with the vaccine? Did you experience any side effects? Were they mild, moderate, or severe?
Perceptions of Efficacy:
Do you believe the vaccine has been effective in preventing COVID-19?
Have you seen a significant difference in COVID-19 cases and severity in your community post-vaccination?
Trust and Concerns:
Do you trust the vaccine and the entities that produced and distributed it?
What are your main concerns, if any, regarding the vaccine?
Overall Sentiment:
Do you feel shortchanged by the vaccine in any way, or do you have a generally positive outlook on it?
How do you think the vaccine will be viewed in the long term?
Looking forward to hearing your thoughts!
Marina Flisvou
Currently Reading: Jake Fortina and the Roman Conspiracy
Bookshelf Size: 132
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marina-flisvou.html
Latest Review: Frank: The Collection by Tara Basi

Post by Marina Flisvou »

You're doing a great job gathering different views before starting the book. Here's a simple summary of what people generally think:
Most people I know had mild side effects like arm pain or tiredness for a few days. They generally felt good about getting the vaccine for protection. Many believe the vaccine has helped reduce COVID-19 cases and the severity of the illness in areas where lots of people are vaccinated. Some people fully trust the vaccine and its science, while others are cautious because it was developed quickly. The main worries are about long-term side effects and how well the vaccine works against new virus variants. Most people feel positive about the vaccine and hope it will help end the pandemic.

It'll be interesting to see if the book changes or supports your views!
Marina
Ivan Kovic
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ivan-kovic.html
Latest Review: The Truth Is Beyond Belief! by Jerry Durr

Post by Ivan Kovic »

It seems the majority of people who got vaccinated experienced only mild and temporary side effects like arm soreness or fatigue.
Ivan Kovic
Currently Reading:

Post by Ivan Kovic »

This aligns with the clinical trial data showing the vaccines to be generally safe and well-tolerated.
Ivan Kovic
Currently Reading:

Post by Ivan Kovic »

The fact that many felt the vaccines provided protection and helped reduce case rates, especially in highly vaccinated areas, is an encouraging sign of their real-world effectiveness against COVID-19.
Ivan Kovic
Currently Reading:

Post by Ivan Kovic »

At the same time, it's understandable that some people have reservations or caution about the long-term effects, since the vaccines utilized newer mRNA technology and were developed at unprecedented speed.
Ivan Kovic
Currently Reading:

Post by Ivan Kovic »

Reasonable concerns around long-term side effects and how durable the vaccines' protection is against emerging variants seem valid.
Olivier Muhammad
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-olivier-muhammad.html
Latest Review: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by Randy Miller

Post by Olivier Muhammad »

In the long term, I expect the vaccines will continue to be seen as an important medical advancement that helped save many lives. There may be some ongoing debates or discussions around things like booster shots, vaccine mandates, or potential long-term side effects. But overall, the vaccines are likely to be viewed as a major public health success story, especially given how rapidly they were developed and deployed. Of course, perspectives may continue to evolve as more data becomes available in the years ahead. But based on the information I have access to, the vaccines seem to have been a very positive development in terms of addressing the COVID-19 pandemic.
williams Emerald
Favorite Book: In It Together
Currently Reading: The Cackling of the Crows
Bookshelf Size: 56
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-williams-emerald.html
Latest Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

Post by williams Emerald »

Certainly! Engaging with such a significant and multifaceted topic as COVID-19 vaccines can benefit greatly from understanding diverse perspectives and experiences. Here are some points to consider based on the questions you’ve asked:

Side Effects:

• Moderate to Severe Side Effects: Less common but more significant side effects have been reported by the people who got vaccinated , such as allergic reactions (e.g., anaphylaxis), myocarditis (inflammation of the heart muscle) particularly after mRNA vaccines, and blood clotting disorders with the AstraZeneca and Johnson & Johnson vaccines.
• Personal Accounts: Many individuals that was vaccinated reported varying experiences, with most experiencing only mild effects and a minority experiencing more severe reactions. For instance, a study by the CDC indicated that severe allergic reactions were rare, occurring at a rate of about 2-5 cases per million doses for the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines .

In conclusion, while individual experiences and opinions vary, the consensus from clinical data and health organizations indicates that COVID-19 vaccines have played a crucial role in reducing the spread and severity of the disease. The discussion of their long-term impact and ongoing trust issues remains an important part of the public health discourse.
Eva Nyaburi
Currently Reading: In It Together
Bookshelf Size: 161
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eva-nyaburi.html
Latest Review: The Alzheimer's/Hearing Aid Paradox by Robert C. Keefer PhD

Post by Eva Nyaburi »

My opinion on the COVID vaccine are:
I wasn't infected by covid and also don't know anyone who got infected with the disease. I decided to pass on the vaccines because I didn't think it would be necessary for me to get them. There were a lot of speculations that were going around that really filled me with doubts and fear and that largely contributed to me not getting the vaccine.
Naushin Moledina
Favorite Book: The Canterville Ghost
Currently Reading: Boundaries
Bookshelf Size: 71
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-naushin-moledina.html
Latest Review: Seduction and Securities of a Billionaire by Hadley Jayne
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 28%

Post by Naushin Moledina »

First of all I want to appreciate your efforts to form a questionnaire to gather people’s views. COVID-19 vaccine has been a topic of discussion since it was launched. At the time of pandemic we were more focused towards saving ourselves than to understand the effectiveness and disadvantages of the vaccine. And now when everything is over we’re more concerned about the harm it has done than the good it did at that time. So, the topic is quite controversial when considered by different people. The opinions will be hundreds and thousands. Hope you find your answers in one of them. As of me, I don’t want to debate about the same after everything is over. Just praying for a better tomorrow.
To hate is an easy lazy thing, but to love takes strength everyone has, but not all are willing to practice
Stephen Christopher 1
Favorite Book: The Book Thief
Currently Reading: The Haunting of Towne Point Mall
Bookshelf Size: 151
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stephen-christopher-1.html
Latest Review: In It Together by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
2024 Reading Goal: 25
2024 Goal Completion: 64%

Post by Stephen Christopher 1 »

In the end, I had 3 vaccines; 2 were from Pfizer and one from Moderna. At the time, cases were high in our area, and the vaccine was free. I took the risk, and apart from some pain in my arm and feeling a bit tired the next day, I had no other side effects. Even after having all 3 vaccines, I still got COVID-19 twice; however, they were very mild cases and disappeared after a few days. It's possible that was a result of being vaccinated. I guess we'll never really know. All this talk about future side effects is concerning, but after almost 3 years, I don't feel any different or as if they did me any harm.
Sean Patrick Tracy
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sean-patrick-tracy.html
Latest Review: Raw Deal by Lee Fishman

Post by Sean Patrick Tracy »

I have taken the COVID 19 medicine in the past. But I don't feel a side effect. As much as I remember, I did not feel a change in my body reaction. On wether it is effective in preventing the virus, I wouldn't have a say authoritatively on it, as the medicine was not scientifically proven in my sight but given to us with the assurance that we need it to be safe and we believed.
Brian Adamss
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-brian-adamss.html
Latest Review: Launchpad Republic by Howard Wolk and John Landry

Post by Brian Adamss »

These vaccines utilized a newer mRNA technology and were developed at remarkable speed during a crisis situation, it is understandable that some people may have reservations or want to see more long-term data before feeling completely reassured.
Brian Adamss
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-brian-adamss.html
Latest Review: Launchpad Republic by Howard Wolk and John Landry

Post by Brian Adamss »

Even though the vaccines underwent rigorous testing and received regulatory approvals, the accelerated development timelines were much faster than traditional vaccine development pipelines. So some degree of caution or desire for continued monitoring is reasonable.

Return to “Discuss "Neither Safe Nor Effective (2nd Edition): The Evidence Against the COVID Vaccines" by Dr. Colleen Huber”