Apart from the book, What are your thoughts on vaccines?

Use this forum to discuss the May 2024 Book of the Month, "Neither Safe Nor Effective (2nd Edition): The Evidence Against the COVID Vaccines" by Dr. Colleen Huber
Forum rules
Only people who purchase and read the book can post in this forum. If you purchased the book, please upload a copy of your receipt at:

https://onlinebookclub.org/verify-purch ... ook=600637

If your purchase of a previous Book of the Month was already marked verified, you will already have access to this forum.
Leona Rodrigues
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-leona-rodrigues.html
Latest Review: Mrs. White's Sub Snips by Laura Moss White
Reading Device: 1400697484

Apart from the book, What are your thoughts on vaccines?

Post by Leona Rodrigues »

Currently, it has been discovered that Covishied, an Indian vaccine, has many side effects ranging from minor to deadly. So do you think all the vaccines were the same and in accordance with the title, as it suggests, 'neither safe nor effective'?
Tomi Ahmed
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tomi-ahmed.html
Latest Review: Love Slave to the Mafia Boss's Passion by Real Fantasies
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
2024 Reading Goal: 35
2024 Goal Completion: 37%

Post by Tomi Ahmed »

Vaccines play a pivotal role in mitigating the transmission of various diseases and illnesses, including measles and chickenpox, contributing significantly to public health efforts worldwide. As an advocate for vaccination, I firmly believe in the efficacy and importance of immunization in safeguarding individuals and communities against preventable infections. The widespread adoption of vaccines has notably curtailed the prevalence of numerous diseases, underscoring their vital protective function in modern society.

The requirement for childhood vaccination before school enrollment underscores the recognized benefits of immunization in preventing the spread of contagious illnesses within educational settings. This mandate reflects a proactive measure aimed at promoting the health and well-being of students, faculty, and staff alike. It underscores the collective responsibility to uphold public health standards and prioritize disease prevention as a cornerstone of educational policy.

While acknowledging the legitimate concerns individuals may harbor regarding vaccination, it is imperative to underscore the overwhelming scientific consensus regarding the safety and efficacy of vaccines. Extensive research and rigorous testing support the effectiveness of vaccination programs in conferring immunity against infectious diseases, thereby reducing the risk of outbreaks and associated health complications.

In conclusion, my advocacy for vaccination stems from a firm conviction in its ability to protect individuals and communities from disease transmission. By embracing vaccination as a cornerstone of public health practice, we can collectively strive towards a safer and healthier future for all.
Cristina-Ioana Toader
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cristina-ioana-toader.html
Latest Review: I Chose Me by John Marcus Brown

Post by Cristina-Ioana Toader »

Vaccines undergo rigorous testing for safety and efficacy before being approved for use by regulatory agencies. While some individuals may experience mild side effects after vaccination, serious adverse reactions are rare. The benefits of vaccination in preventing illness and protecting communities far outweigh the risks.

It's important for individuals to make informed decisions about vaccination based on reliable scientific evidence and guidance from healthcare professionals. Vaccination not only protects individuals but also contributes to herd immunity, reducing the overall spread of infectious diseases within communities.

Now, regarding Covishied: in very rare cases, more serious side effects may occur, but these are extremely uncommon. Some reports have suggested a possible association between Covishield and rare blood clotting disorders, such as thrombosis with thrombocytopenia syndrome (TTS). However, the overall risk of these rare side effects is considered to be very low, and the benefits of vaccination in preventing COVID-19 outweigh the risks for most people.

It's important to remember that the safety of vaccines, including Covishield, is closely monitored by regulatory agencies and public health authorities. Any reports of adverse events are thoroughly investigated to assess their potential relationship to the vaccine.
Rishaunda Lynnette Britton
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 143
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rishaunda-lynnette-britton.html
Latest Review: I Wonder Why It's Christmas by Esther Ekunola

Post by Rishaunda Lynnette Britton »

Actually, I don't think I can make any definitive remark about this issue, given that I am not a medical doctor or a scientist as to carry out my own individual research. The most confusing thing is that both doctors and scientists for pro and anti vaccines all have data to support their claims, so things get complicated.
Sheen Jenny
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sheen-jenny.html
Latest Review: Almost Everything You Wanted To Know About Tickling by Duncan Taub

Post by Sheen Jenny »

I think Vaccines are great Inventions. Instead of waiting for your natural immune to kick in, vaccines kicks in and help you develop immunity against various diseases, with vaccination, it's unlikely you will ever catch that disease, instead in prevents epidemics.
Kelvin Suraj
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kelvin-suraj.html

Post by Kelvin Suraj »

Vaccines is really important my problem is the side effect of what they produce. I think the idea or producing is vaccines is still good.
Donna Walker
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: The Vitality System
Bookshelf Size: 213
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-donna-walker.html
Latest Review: How to be a SuperStar Salesperson by Audri White

Post by Donna Walker »

Vaccines as a whole are a fantastic idea. Mrna should not be considered a vaccine. It's not the same, and it has not undergone the same vigorous testing as popular vaccines.
Kristine Mariel Diaz
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 251
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kristine-mariel-diaz.html
Latest Review: ARKO by U.W. Leo

Post by Kristine Mariel Diaz »

I recognize that some people are afraid of or distrust vaccines, but remember that their purpose is to prevent diseases from spreading and doing the greatest harm to people. They first fulfill a mission to halt a disease and build a barrier around us. It is also true that the majority of medications have side effects over time. Ultimately, you must decide if you would rather prevent disease or trust your body to heal itself when it happens.
Latest Review: ARKO by U.W. Leo
SweetSourSalty AndSpicy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 245
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sweetsoursalty-andspicy.html
Latest Review: Enlightenment for the Things that Really Matter by Mark Gumbrell

Post by SweetSourSalty AndSpicy »

I consider it biased to generalize about all immunizations.  Others have proven beneficial and effective. Even so, some of them did have adverse effects.
Jacy Covers
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jacy-covers.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Jacy Covers »

I consider vaccines necessary. However, it doesn't invalidate the fact that the pharmaceutical companies use it for their selfish gains.
RJ Reviews
Currently Reading: Weep For Love
Bookshelf Size: 79
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rj-reviews.html
Latest Review: Opaque by Calix Leigh-Reign
Reading Device: 1400697484
2024 Reading Goal: 24
2024 Goal Completion: 104%

Post by RJ Reviews »

We can't put our heads in sand and ignore all the positives of vaccines. COVID vaccine may or may not be effective, but that doesn't undermine the effects of those vaccines that helped stop several life-threatening diseases. It's a dirty game out there, pharmaceutical companies trying to make quick money. But we still need effective vaccines and will always need unless we don't care about our quality of life and leave everything to fate.
"The gods grow jealous of too much contentment anywhere, and they show their displeasure all of a sudden.” - R. K. Narayan, Maldudi Days
Shirley Ann Riddern Labzentis
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 243
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shirley-ann-riddern-labzentis.html
Latest Review: The Gallagher Farm by Sara Gallagher-Beck
2024 Reading Goal: 30
2024 Goal Completion: 83%

Post by Shirley Ann Riddern Labzentis »

Vaccines have played an essential part in our lives. Look at the Polio vaccine; it eradicated the terrible disease that affected many children back in the day. The same with measles. However, I think that the COVID-19 vaccine was rushed, and the scientists were put under extreme pressure to get it out quickly. After four doses, I gave up on the vaccine as it made me deathly ill. I still believe that, if given the proper amount of time to develop, vaccines are a necessity.
"Life is like a box of chocolates. You never know which one you are going to get!"
Ludovica Peruzzi
Currently Reading: Blockhead
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ludovica-peruzzi.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by Ludovica Peruzzi »

Just because vaccines come with side effects doesn't mean they're not overall beneficial or necessary. The adverse effects are still far less troubling than contracting the actual disease, and if not for yourself you should still get vaccinated out of a sense of responsability towards your community - especially the most vulnerable. I agree though that pharmaceutical companies suck and that profit shouldn't be a concern when dealing with health care - vaccines should be free for all, everywhere. Unfortunately, making money is more important to the system than protecting human life.
Aaron Joseph Maupin
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aaron-joseph-maupin.html
Latest Review: Embrace Your Age by JAMES B. FLAHERTY ... An octogenarian with a bright future.

Post by Aaron Joseph Maupin »

It's important to approach discussions about vaccine safety and effectiveness with careful consideration of scientific evidence and expert consensus. While it is true that vaccines, including Covishield, may have side effects, it's crucial to understand that side effects are a normal occurrence with any medical intervention. The vast majority of side effects associated with COVID-19 vaccines are mild and temporary, such as arm soreness, fatigue, or mild flu-like symptoms.

When evaluating vaccine safety and effectiveness, regulatory bodies such as the World Health Organization (WHO) and national health agencies conduct rigorous assessments based on large-scale clinical trials and real-world data. These evaluations consider the overall benefit-risk profile of vaccines and their potential to save lives and prevent severe illness.

The title of the book you mentioned, "Neither Safe Nor Effective," suggests a critical perspective on COVID vaccines. However, it's important to note that scientific consensus overwhelmingly supports the safety and effectiveness of authorized COVID-19 vaccines in reducing the risk of severe illness, hospitalization, and death.

To form a well-informed opinion, it is advisable to consult reputable sources such as health authorities, scientific studies, and expert consensus. They provide a balanced assessment of vaccine safety and effectiveness based on robust scientific data. It is also worth discussing any concerns with healthcare professionals who can provide personalized guidance based on individual health factors.

Remember, vaccines have played a crucial role in mitigating the impact of infectious diseases throughout history. They remain one of the most effective public health interventions available, and their benefits in reducing the burden of COVID-19 cannot be overstated.
Dana Lawrence Lohn
Favorite Book: The Upstairs Delicatessen
Currently Reading: In the Garden of Beasts
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dana-lawrence-lohn.html
Latest Review: Whispered Secrets Whispered Prayers by Donna Mack
2024 Reading Goal: 125
2024 Goal Completion: 19%

Post by Dana Lawrence Lohn »

Vaccines are a sociological scapegoat for people in pain, oftentimes good people to whom bad things have inexplicably happened, and oftentimes people who feel overlooked and victimized in modern-day America.

Some of these people struggle to find a reason and sometimes arrive at vaccines as the cause of pervasive disability, or as the control device of a secret government conspiracy, or as the fearmonger tool of cultural elites. Whether an individual regards any of that as fact-based, or instead reverts to it as an explanation for pain in their own life, is entirely in the mind and belief system of that person, and it's very correlated to education rate and social class. This is unfortunate and brutal and nearly nuclear to talk about.

Education is now a bigger factor than race in desire for the COVID vaccine, according to USC: https://healthpolicy.usc.edu/evidence-b ... 9-vaccine/

Return to “Discuss "Neither Safe Nor Effective (2nd Edition): The Evidence Against the COVID Vaccines" by Dr. Colleen Huber”